Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Damn I have did OHP in like 6 months. I was barely able to do 135 for one rep...did 145 for reps and that was starting the bar from my knees and using my momentum to rock it up to starting position. GOAT shoulder and possibly upper body exercise. :banderas:

semtex

:)
Daps
Damn I have did OHP in like 6 months. I was barely able to do 135 for one rep...did 145 for reps and that was starting the bar from my knees and using my momentum to rock it up to starting position. GOAT shoulder and possibly upper body exercise. :banderas:
Do pike press with legs elevated. Your body should be L-shaped with the top of your head facing the floor.

Be sure you shift the weight off of your feet to your upper body.

You're welcome :obama:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
One rep max on overhead press isn't really the be all end all when working delts.
You are better off doing 55 to 75 lbs. for multiple reps going through a full range of motion. i.e. barbell down to the clavicles at the bottom of the motion. Cheating the bar up is counter-productive, and works the legs and lower back more, which isn't bad if you are doing a cross-fit thingy, but it works your delts less.

Daps
My college gym closed down for the winter so I got a one month membership at this spot like 15 minutes away from my crib. shyt is pretty well equipped, multiple benches a lot of weight and machines but theres 1 squat rack in the whole joint and there's no safety bars. Def makes me a bit nervous but Itll hold me back from doin shyt I know I cant handle.

semtex

:)
Daps
One rep max on overhead press isn't really the be all end all when working delts.
You are better off doing 55 to 75 lbs. for multiple reps going through a full range of motion. i.e. barbell down to the clavicles at the bottom of the motion. Cheating the bar up is counter-productive, and works the legs and lower back more, which isn't bad if you are doing a cross-fit thingy, but it works your delts less.
Yeah Mike Dolce doesn't believe in pressing with maximal weight either. Risk to reward ratio is out of wack. Pulling is another story though :myman:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
physical therapist saying im stiff as an old man and need to strengthen my hips :bryan: