Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Finally got sick of reading @semtex constantly harping on dumbell swings, so I decided to add them to my arsenal today. Gym didn't have heavy kettlebells, so I just used a light one (30 lbs) and focused on form (I'm small and weak anyway so 30 lbs is still ok). Really worked on driving my hips and using my shoulders as little as possible.

:bryan:
2 sets of 40 and my hammies and glutes were already feeling :datazz:. This is going to become a new regular movement for me. Only problem is I want to use kettlebells because I'm scared of smashing my nuts with a dumbell, and 30 lbs just isnt enough. I looked at heavy kettlebell prices and they are :stopitslime:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Finally got sick of reading @semtex constantly harping on dumbell swings, so I decided to add them to my arsenal today. Gym didn't have heavy kettlebells, so I just used a light one (30 lbs) and focused on form (I'm small and weak anyway so 30 lbs is still ok). Really worked on driving my hips and using my shoulders as little as possible.

2 sets of 40 and my hammies and glutes were already feeling :datazz:. This is going to become a new regular movement for me. Only problem is I want to use kettlebells because I'm scared of smashing my nuts with a dumbell, and 30 lbs just isnt enough. I looked at heavy kettlebell prices and they are :stopitslime:

how does back/shoulders feel?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
how does back/shoulders feel?

I specifically focused on using my shoulders and upper back as little as possible, keeping them relaxed and driving my hips forward to swing the kettlebell rather than 'pulling' it up with my upper body. So I don't feel much in my back and shoulders. Lower back and core caught a burn but not as bad as glutes and hamstrings.

I'm sure I will feel it more in my entire body once I switch to a heavier weight and more sets, but I stopped after the 2 sets of 40 because I was already halfway through leg day when I started and was exhausted. I mainly was just trying to get an idea of how they were going to feel once I am able to move up and use higher weights, and I really like what I felt.

I don't deadlift :sadcam: so I want to use these as replacements for that exercise.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I specifically focused on using my shoulders and upper back as little as possible, keeping them relaxed and driving my hips forward to swing the kettlebell rather than 'pulling' it up with my upper body. So I don't feel much in my back and shoulders. Lower back and core caught a burn but not as bad as glutes and hamstrings.

I'm sure I will feel it more in my entire body once I switch to a heavier weight and more sets, but I stopped after the 2 sets of 40 because I was already halfway through leg day when I started and was exhausted. I mainly was just trying to get an idea of how they were going to feel once I am able to move up and use higher weights, and I really like what I felt.

I don't deadlift :sadcam: so I want to use these as replacements for that exercise.
:ehh:

semtex

:)
Daps

I've used a 126lb dumbbell for swings and it's never been near my nuts. Had to mind make sure it didn't slam into my knee though. Unless you're deformed or your nuts hang super low they aren't in danger at all :youngsabo:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just started back on squats yesterday and :bryan:my quads are sore as shyt. I should have really turned down the volume.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Been making myself add pull ups to the end of every workout. Its an exercise i want to improve on

Decided to hit the gym for the first half of last night's gym. Went it to do legs. Squat rack was taken, so I decided to do some deads. After I decided to hit some pullups. Went for sets of 8 then 5 then 3....was doing some cable pulldowns in between sets. I know I got atleast 75 pullups. Most ever in a setting for me. Still got the pump (can see the wings from the front) and most definitely I'm sore. :banderas:

Home for the holidays and will be doing pull/push/sit ups...prison workout grind. :birdman:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think I have to quit drinking coffee.
Or limit to 1 per day.

I notice that when I have 2 or 3 cups a day, I won't go to the bathroom as often.
:manny:

I stop, then weigh myself like 3 days later...I'll be down 4 pounds
:mindblown:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
got casted from my feet to just about the lower part of my knees. two weeks in these things and then i can get back into the swing of things. idk if i should eat maintenance or at a 100-300 cal deficit considering i wont be able to work out.

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
1455061_586863244719213_576280089_n.jpg

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
im going in on thanksgiving...im thankful and blessed :blessed:...glorious gluttony :demonic:
I'm going to try and be relatively good. Might have to schedule a workout in there just to not detract from the progress I've been making.

You got any special plates you're looking forward to?