Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Upper hypertrophy today. Dropped the weight a little to focus more on contractions and really getting the most of of the rep range.

[Mike Rashid] Stupid pump [/Mike Rashid}

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Never posted in this thread but I saw something today I couldn't believe

Middle aged guy doing kipping pull ups on an assisted pull up machine. One of these with the pad to kneel on:
http://eightfourtwelve.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/assisted-pull-up-strength-machines-02-fiss431.jpg

He was using about 40 pounds of assisted weight and still trying to kip up like Crossfit :dwillhuh:...I wish I could describe what it looked like but I can't, it was so awkward and made no sense. Try and imagine how that would even work....you can't imagine it, because it can't. Only way an assisted kipping pull up would work would be with resistance bands. I've seen a lot of poor form and stupid exercises being done, but this is the closest I ever came to actually going over to someone and showing them their error.

On a side note, tomorrow I'm going to try out a workout of nothing but pull ups and dips. Hopefully 100 reps of each. I split upper body/lower body and it sounds like a simple way to hit the whole upper half and work on my overall strength which is seriously lacking. Might do this for a whole week and see how I feel.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Never posted in this thread but I saw something today I couldn't believe

Middle aged guy doing kipping pull ups on an assisted pull up machine. One of these with the pad to kneel on:

http://eightfourtwelve.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/assisted-pull-up-strength-machines-02-fiss431.jpg

He was using about 40 pounds of assisted weight and still trying to kip up like Crossfit :dwillhuh:...I wish I could describe what it looked like but I can't, it was so awkward and made no sense. Try and imagine how that would even work....you can't imagine it, because it can't. Only way an assisted kipping pull up would work would be with resistance bands. I've seen a lot of poor form and stupid exercises being done, but this is the closest I ever came to actually going over to someone and showing them their error.

On a side note, tomorrow I'm going to try out a workout of nothing but pull ups and dips. Hopefully 100 reps of each. I split upper body/lower body and it sounds like a simple way to hit the whole upper half and work on my overall strength which is seriously lacking. Might do this for a whole week and see how I feel.
mj-laughing.gif

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
I hate this place sometimes :pachaha:

I was on the treadmill earlier next to an older cat who looked identical to the Larry Holmes smiley. I'm talking down to the flat top. So I had to keep looking at my phone and finding other shyt to pretend to be laughing at so I didn't look like a complete jerk to the guy since all I could think about was this place and the fukkery

-P-

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Well, I worked on legs yesterday. I started out with a one mile jog.
Then, I did front squats, 135 lbs for 10 reps.
Then, I did deadlifts, 135 lbs. for 10 reps.
Then, I did 225 lbs for 5 reps for 6 sets.
I was feeling funny and was wearing out at 5 reps. I have been able to do 225 for 10 reps but yesterday was not that kind of day.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
5 sets 1 min on 30 second of jump rope for warm ups
5 sets (10 total) of 225 meter runs (taking 20-30 depp breaths in between as the rest time)

If I could just get my diet back on track

semtex

:)
Daps
Did super high rep db swings to prep for the Olympic style phase of my periodiZation training. The DOMS is off the charts :damn:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Whats the nutritional value between white rice and brown rice? I much rather eat white than brown same goes for bread, white bread>>> wheat :gag:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Whats the nutritional value between white rice and brown rice? I much rather eat white than brown same goes for bread, white bread>>> wheat :gag:

No idea...but you're crazy. Brown rice/wheat bread is infinitely better than their less healthy counterparts imo.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Saw a bad chick doing curls on a smith machine yesterday. :noah::what:

Was gonna go say something/ask what she was working on :russ:

Then her meathead boyfriend walked over and did the same exercise. :snoop::sadbron:

:

Shuteye

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Netherlands

brown has more fiber, white has more refined carbs. as far as bread goes, sometimes brands just colour them brown using chemicals though

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Saw a bad chick doing curls on a smith machine yesterday. :noah::what:

Was gonna go say something/ask what she was working on

Then her meathead boyfriend walked over and did the same exercise.

:
ha ha. That's strange. But, I think half of the dudes here are meatheads. :manny: