Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Basically lol. Heavy pulling is how you put on dem gains. Rows and deads are staples

Going heavy with a variation of PHAT has defintely made me see and feel growth.

I've been eating too much so I'm a fat ass but the strength and size changes have been :leon:

semtex

:)
Daps
Going heavy with a variation of PHAT has defintely made me see and feel growth.

I've been eating too much so I'm a fat ass but the strength and size changes have been :leon:
I've got CTK syndrome can't stick to a routine to save my life

LastKING_BLU

last king killing ****
Daps
Reppin
westside
I remember those days. No matter how much school work I had, I still committed an hour to the gym. I used it as a way to decompress and to clear my mind. You live on campus breh?
this is the first time this has happened to me. i literly havent had the time. naw i dont live on campus and it can take any where between 30-60min for me to get there

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
The cold air here in OK got my knees feeling :flabbynsick:. Was only able to do single reps of 315 and then I lowered and did some ATG squats.

Got on some deads with some liquid chalk. Did some bareback reps (n/h)...405x1x8. Then repped out on lower weights. I need my callouses to come back soon. :noah:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Tried front squats today for the first time in years. I must be way more flexible since way back cause I'm hitting form better than ever. Can even use the clean grip without much strain. Bar isn't completely obliterating my collar bones either. For once, it actually felt like I was front squating :pachaha::manny:

*throws hack squat machine in the bushes*

Speaking of flexibility. That "agile 8" daily routine works wonders.

Joe D’s “Agile Eight”

#1 – Foam Roll IT Band – Start just below your hip and roll up & down to your mid-(outer) thigh 10-15X, focusing on any tight spots. Then perform 10-15 “rolls” starting at your mid-(outer) thigh and rolling all the way down to the outside of your knee. Again, focus on the tight areas.

image010.jpg

IT Band Foam Roll (Beginning position)

#2 – Foam Roll Adductors – Start just below the crease of your hip and roll up & down to your mid (inner) thigh 10-15X, focusing on any tight spots. Then perform 10-15 “rolls” starting at your mid-(inner) thigh and rolling down to the inside of your knee. Again, focus on the tight spots.

image012.jpg

Adductor Foam Roll (mid position)

#3 – Glute/Piriformis Myofacial release w/ static stretch

#4 – *Rollovers into “V” sits – Perform 10 reps
#5 - *Fire hydrant circles – 10 forward circles/10 backward circles each leg
#6 - *Mountain climbers – 20 reps
#7 - *Groiners – Perform 10 reps. Hold last rep for 10 seconds…push knees out with your upper arms while dropping your butt down.

*The video below demonstrates exercises 4-7. Make sure you really focus on achieving a big range of motion with all these exercises. Don’t just go through the motions!

#8 – Static hip flexor stretch – Perform 3 sets of 10 seconds each leg. Perform all 3 sets on one leg before moving onto the other leg.

image014.jpg

Static hip flexor stretch

If performed 5-7 days a week, I guarantee this simple routine will make a huge difference in how you feel and how you move! This routine can be performed at home before you leave for work, school, practice, etc. Or you can perform it at the gym before training. The bottom line is that there’s NO EXCUSE for not fitting this quick routine into your daily schedule.

Give it a try and thank me later!

Joe D.

http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask_joe/archives/ask_joe_08-10-03.html

Throw in some ankle stuff and you good to go.

I've been doing the above and...

...everyday for a couple weeks now and the difference is already :blessed:

Last edited:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Worked on chest yesterday. After warming up, I did 195 lbs. for 5 reps on the bench press for 4 sets. This is after a 3.5 mile jog.