Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
I consider a set with over 12 reps as a high rep set. Nothing wrong with it. A set with 7 to 12 reps is medium rep set. I usually go for 8 to 10. A set with 1 to 6 reps is a low rep set. These are my numbers, not universally accepted numbers.
So you can do what you want works for you. Just try to mix up the rep count every once in a while because the body gets used to a repeated workout.
props

the extra 5 reps makes a huge difference

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
I had major quad tightness over a year ago. It was affecting my goaltending, flexibility and pain off the ice. I read about foam rollers. Using it for the first time, it was very painful and masochistic. Then I was like, ah nuts, I gotta do this to my other side too. :sadbron:
But, it worked to relieve tightness and the pain related to the tightness. Then after awhile, I noticed that foam rollers were no longer painful so I didn't feel like I was getting any benefit so I stopped. :manny:

Yeh foam rolling really improves mobility and & eases tension in knotted muscle tissue i.e problem areas such as delts... quads (inner especially), lats, obliques...& practically any part which you see fit to give some extra healing TLC post or pre lifting. That masochistic pain you're describing is basically MFR (myofascial release) going down real heavy when you Keep rolling rolling rolling on some Limp Bizkit protocol..…Shiiiiiit Hurts so Gooood :takedat: sometimes it feels like I been hit by a semi trailer truck post foam rolling .. but DAT ROM (range of movement) thereafter is :ohlawd: on every lift!

Ahh I see you have garduated from the orange belt foam rolling & quit thereafter... shiit if you really got some Cojones... holla at a Rumble Roller LINK

Thats that black belt level shiit. Have you screaming for your moms after you done a session with that:whew:

Last edited:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Ahh I see you have garduated from the orange belt foam rolling & quit thereafter... shiit if you really got some Cojones... holla at a Rumble Roller LINK

Thats that black belt level shiit. Have you screaming for your moms after you done a session with that:whew:
Yeah, I jogged 3 miles yesterday and did the foam roller afterwards just to see. Didn't hurt which is good because I don't have knots.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Girlfriend is out of town, have no work to do....
...bout to hit the Volcano and hit the gym.

Been awhile since ive done this.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Yeh foam rolling really improves mobility and & eases tension in knotted muscle tissue i.e problem areas such as delts... quads (inner especially), lats, obliques...& practically any part which you see fit to give some extra healing TLC too post or pre lifting. That masochistic pain you're describing is basically MFR (myofascial release) going down reeal heavy when you rolling rolling rolling on some Limp Bizkit protcol..…Shiit Hurts so Good :takedat: sometimes it feels like I been hit by a semi trailer truck post foam rolling .. but DAT ROM (rang eof movement) thereafter is :ohlawd: on every lift!

i copped a faom roller, used it today.. that shyt hurts WAY more than i thought it would :bryan:

Exiled Martian

Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
i copped a faom roller, used it today.. that shyt hurts WAY more than i thought it would :bryan:

In the beginning yea the pain is a little too unfriendly in some parts.... reason being because your muscle areas are not used to the massage like pressure/ depressing & are most likely tight knotted & shyt....but as time goes on....it ges easier & better....does a whole lotta good for the recovery process! Choose a proven foam rolling program..(too lazy to link you now) but there several via google/ YouTube breh!

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
In the beginning yea the pain is a little too unfriendly in some parts.... reason being because your muscle areas are not used to the massage like pressure/ depressing & are most likely tight knotted & shyt....but as time goes on....it ges easier & better....does a whole lotta good for the recovery process! Choose a proven foam rolling program..(too lazy to link you now) but there several via google/ YouTube breh!
yeah, i googled some stuff. my delts, lower back and quads needed that shyt.

Exiled Martian

Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
Just completed a weigh in & after 3 months of meticulous cutting (minimising muscle loss & making sure LBM is preserved as best as possible) I'm FINALLY down to my goal weight:stylin:

I was 232 (105 Kg for my Imperially inclined brothers) Mid July & 15.5 % Body fat.....(heaviest I been so far)..for a short time it was all good being heavy, looking intimidating:shaq: & that, but after a certain while that buzz wore off.....I wasn't really feeling the lack of mobility and loss of my agility that accompanies getting BIG, it affected my ball sports activities, was getting shown up by these young lightweight midget muffukas running circles around me in soccer. Plus all that dense weight wasn't easy on them joints:sadcam:. Also that weekly food bill was really fukking up my bank balance ...it got to a point where I was downing 5600Kcals a day....& still feeling peckish thereafter :cook:. Fitting into clothes (Big leg problems ) WAS the biggest issue & final game changer!!!

Anyways fast forward to present & -32lb after I'm feeling much :blessed: at 200lb (91Kg) this morning! Also had a chance to take some BF stats & I'm @ 11.5 % BF.
Trying to holla at 10%BF @ 190Lbs.....Get shredded like a Caeser salad brehs (& to my brehettes get lifting Strong is the new Skinny)... :smugdraper: For the wannabe Casanovas here is some motivation to keep ya'll in check this week, striving for that Adonisness in the gym;

motivationh_zps275e3a49.jpg

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'm just going to work off the assumption my elbow is going to be in some for of discomfort from here forward.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
:russ: hearing your quads crackling like damn pop rocks while you foam roll them that first time is :merchant: for real

-P-

I was a cheap nikka, so instead of buying an actual foam roller I followed a suggestion off bodybuilding.com and bought a PVC pipe from Home Depot. I was going through some real bad DOMS after squats earlier in the week, and the first time I started rolling my quads out on it, and pausing to really work out the knots, I wanted to cry. It's no joke. I could feel my body going :dahell::to::sadbron::bryan::deadmanny: