Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
Am I the only one that feels myfitnesspal is one clusterfukk of an app? :mindblown:

Just set up an account to help a couple others with their diets. Can't save and organize foods in categories..... matter of fact...can't organize foods at all :mindblown: I like to set up a day's eating beforehand, which usually involves me inserting and removing foods til I hit my desired goals. Having a local library makes this process effortless. Tried that with myfitnesspal and :heh::why::dead:

And you have to go online to manually set macros? :smh:

How is this so popular? :pachaha:

I found MFP to be quite a chore as well so FUKKed it off my phone...instead I use an app called 'Fat Secret' try it...seems to work like a charm for me on the I-phone as far as Macro/Kcal calculations go!

Had a SOLID mid week session last night...banged out 25 heavy ass reps on the Deadlift circuit... literally had to sell my soul to get that last set (5 reps) out the way..thank god Jeezy's 'I put on for my city' came on when it did...:ohlawd: that track makes lifting things& putting them back down a whole lot easier :blessed:

Last edited:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I found MFP to be quite a chore as well so FUKKed it off my phone...instead I use an app called 'Fat Secret' try it...seems to work like a charm for me on the I-phone as far as Macro/Kcal calculations go!

No doubt, I'll check for it. Only reason I tried MFP was to be "connected" with the people I'm assisting. Their troubles are clear now after giving that app a go :heh:

Been using Tap&Track for over 2 years now and it has never let me down. :blessed:

Just wish it was updated with a barcode scanner :patrice:

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
No doubt, I'll check for it. Only reason I tried MFP was to be "connected" with the people I'm assisting. Their troubles are clear now after giving that app a go :heh:

Been using Tap&Track for over 2 years now and it has never let me down. :blessed:

Just wish it was updated with a barcode scanner :patrice:

Fat Secret encorporates that scanning function...quite accurate as well as their food database doesn't seem to be composed by the morbidly obese clan or the broscience professors. Like you I use that app primarily ( you can also use it for weigh ins & measure calorie expenditure via exercises etc) as a means to gauge food intake for some of the people that I draw up fitness plans for etc. I heard of Tap & Track but never got around to using it....FS does the job for now :salute:

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
Finally back on the fitness grind after suffering through a miserable two months of losing my oldest friend and uncle and drinking myself to sleep every night :sadcam: thankfully I caught that shyt before it got to serious and realized I shoulda stayed in the gym to get through that shyt not switch to the drank just makes it worse. Ima post some pics that show the damage a that can be done in just a month of not giving a fukk

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
BYxlYkO.png

FyIBkP1.png

semtex

:)
Daps
Thickness season brehs. Hoppin out of bed hittin reps of double body weight deads to start the day. Nothin like having your own weights :blessed: they are yours forever and ever

semtex

:)
Daps
Getting paranoid that your back is rounding during deads then realizing it's just your lats giving that illusion :youngsabo:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Suit yourself :ehh: just an FYI using those long spongy cylinders daily will make a world of difference to your recovery time as you progress with the lifting . Here's a a few benefits to hopefully make you reconsider;

Helps prevent common injuries. One of the most important reasons for a regular foam-rolling routine is to prevent those often too common exercise-related injuries. Many runners, for example, become painfully well acquainted with their IT band if they don't take care to massage the band of tissue. IT band syndrome and other similar flare-ups can be caused by too-tight muscles. Foam rolling every day ensures you are massaging away fascia buildup in your muscles, in order to help prevent those areas from becoming injury trigger points.

Helps you de-stress. Had a hard day? Foam roll your worries away. Digging for those knots "releases tension that is built up in the connective tissue to keep you less stressed," says also a simple all-over body routine in order to combat the "desk posture blues" that happen from sitting too long in the office.

Keeps you flexible. Building up your flexibility is key for any fitness routine, Tim says, which means you constantly should be stretching and doing exercises that'll help you gain flexibility. Stretches that lengthen your hip flexors for example, can help combat tightness from sitting as well as lower back pain.
I had major quad tightness over a year ago. It was affecting my goaltending, flexibility and pain off the ice. I read about foam rollers. Using it for the first time, it was very painful and masochistic. Then I was like, ah nuts, I gotta do this to my other side too. :sadbron:
But, it worked to relieve tightness and the pain related to the tightness. Then after awhile, I noticed that foam rollers were no longer painful so I didn't feel like I was getting any benefit so I stopped. :manny:

Boy C

SPC
Daps
At the ciropractors, gonna request that damn rib adjustment

Hoe shyt :beli:

Hoe ass ribs :comeon:

Wonder if I got beat up in them streets, kicked my stomach :sadbron:

Boy C

SPC
Daps
Ribs were put back in-place. Felt 90% better at the doctors but once I got home I felt soreness still. Wonder if the ribs are not the problem now.. just bruised elsewhere and my body is hurt. Guess I'll go back to the damn doctor on Monday if my shyt still hurt :beli:

Got a picture.. Will upload it?

Boy C

SPC
Daps
fukk.. I was at a chiropractor's today.. The lady has a Master of Science Degree in Physical Therapy and Doctor of Chiropractic.

Maybe I need to see a real doctor.. Get X-Rays and bullshyt :sadbron:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Ribs were put back in-place. Felt 90% better at the doctors but once I got home I felt soreness still. Wonder if the ribs are not the problem now.. just bruised elsewhere and my body is hurt. Guess I'll go back to the damn doctor on Monday if my shyt still hurt :beli:

Got a picture.. Will upload it?
What do you mean ribs are back in place? What did you do?
They aren't supposed to move out of place, they just flex with the body. The only time a rib moves out of place is when it gets broken, like in a car accident, sports injury, falling off a ladder, etc.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
increase my weight and rep to 15
im seeing crazy result

at ppl telling me to max out at 8 reps
I consider a set with over 12 reps as a high rep set. Nothing wrong with it. A set with 7 to 12 reps is medium rep set. I usually go for 8 to 10. A set with 1 to 6 reps is a low rep set. These are my numbers, not universally accepted numbers.
So you can do what you want works for you. Just try to mix up the rep count every once in a while because the body gets used to a repeated workout.