Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Playeroni

Aka Nasty Neighbor #CREEPLIFE
Daps
What's the word on pull ups/chin ups? I read they only work your back/biceps. Any brehs in here do them on a consistent basis? What did they improve for you? I just started doing them in super sets, along with push ups.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Put mom dukes on a beginner routine recently. Got her squattin and deadliftin out here...

...and she lovin it :wow:

Thats my momma :to:

My mom is 44 and serious about this fitness shyt :ohlawd:

Got her doing dead lifts, squats, shoulder presses, bent over rows, bench press, calf raises, dumbbell flies and some other stuff too.

One of my best friends is next. I wanna see all my loved ones maximize their potential along with me.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
My mom is 48...she ain't doing no weights, but she was the one who instilled the value of eating healthy though. My dad is :flabbynsick: though. :pachaha:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Man I'm questioning why I even work out. It's expensive, hard and painful work. I don't care about being healthy I do it for the these broads but they still make it seem like I owe them something...while they can have a desirable body just by not eating like a god damned pig.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Squats, leg extensions and deadlifts are the most undesirable exercises. They're not only very dangerous but also make you feel like crap while you're doing them and after you've done them. Feel like I wanna throw up mane, especially after some leg extensions for some reason. It totally just makes you feel awful.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Squats, leg extensions and deadlifts are the most undesirable exercises. They're not only very dangerous but also make you feel like crap while you're doing them and after you've done them. Feel like I wanna throw up mane, especially after some leg extensions for some reason. It totally just makes you feel awful.

Stop doing leg extensions.
http://www.t-nation.com/free_online...ormance_repair/the_truth_about_leg_extensions

Conclusion/Cliffs:
Leg Extension Risks:

1. Increased patellofemoral joint reaction force, knee movement, and joint stress in the most commonly used range of motion.

2. Reduced hamstrings activity.

3. Reduced VMO activity and late onset of firing.

4. Non-existent hip adductor and abductor contribution.

5. Increased rectus femoris firing.

6. Constant ACL tension.

7. Higher patellar ligament, quadriceps tendon, and patellofemoral and tibiofemoral forces with the most commonly utilized loading parameters.

8. Increased lateral patellar deviation.

9. Insufficient involvement of surrounding joints to ensure optimal functioning.

10. Poor training economy (no carryover to closed-chain performance from open-chain exercises).

Leg Extension Benefits:

1. Will give you a good pump, but not even close to the benefits you'll get from squatting and single-leg movements.

2. Uh, wait, there's really only one benefit — and it's pretty weak.

Whether you're a patient or not, the take-home message is the same: if you want more bang for your training buck you should be squatting, not doing leg extensions. Factor in the additional loading that squatting allows, and it should come as no surprise that you'll see better gains in size, strength, and functional capacity.​

Daps

I could do deads all day but squats are a fukin chore. Like, once I get done with em I breeze through the rest of my workout with no prob

semtex

:)
Daps
LEG EXTENSIONS BREH? :skip:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
What's the word on pull ups/chin ups? I read they only work your back/biceps. Any brehs in here do them on a consistent basis? What did they improve for you? I just started doing them in super sets, along with push ups.
I do pull-ups on a consistent basis. I mix it with underhand narrow grip, overhand wide grip, and v-grip. Of course, your gym will need a v-grip pull-up bar to do that.
They improve lats, biceps and forearms.
Just like anything else, you need to mix up the resistance. If your gym has them, use the weight belt to add resistance so that your reps per set is between 1 to 6 on the heavy days.
When doing pull-ups, extend the arms fully when you are at the bottom of the pull-ups. This allows you to work the long head of the bicep. If you don't, then you won't work the long head as much. For those who subscribe to the constant resistance school of thought, you can keep your elbow flexed with constant bicep flex and not bottoming out, but this mainly works the short head of the bicep. If you want mass, fully extend in order to do the most work per rep.
Cheaters don't get the V, if you know what I mean. :shaq:

The V-shaped back.