Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I fear I'm going to have to find a substitute for squats for a while; my left shoulder is refusing to cooperate. Went under the bar yesterday, and stepping out, my shoulder went :damn: Tried to gut out a couple reps, but feared I was gonna pop something.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
I fear I'm going to have to find a substitute for squats for a while; my left shoulder is refusing to cooperate. Went under the bar yesterday, and stepping out, my shoulder went :damn: Tried to gut out a couple reps, but feared I was gonna pop something.
try a wider grip on the bar, i've had to make that adjustment since my shoulder debacle

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
:lupe:

I'm going to look into it. I was thinking the way it felt it was more of a deeper discomfort than surface so the sleeves would do much.

Naw the sleeves keep the joint warm and circulated

Just gotta get it sized right. I have a pair for my elbows I don't use cause I can't get em on... I love the ones for my knees though.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
U should look at a safety squat bar like my nikka Alberto Nunez

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Dat lat activation when using underhand grip for BB rows :banderas:

What happened?
i was born with club foot in both feet

club-foot-repair-normal-anatomy-picture.jpg

ive had several surgeries and was casted for the first 3 years of my life and then about every 4 years after that. my feet are normal now but my achilles and arch are extremely tight, almost like if i have never stretched in my life, my doctor said i had the tightness of an old man and im only 23. recently i didnt even how bad they were until my mom noticed how i was walking on my toes.

theyre so tight that when i squat no matter what stance i use, my heels come up. even for air squats. im hoping they stretch them enough to fix the problem but i have a feeling it wont and im gonna need the walking cast. my doctor told me back in 2007 this was gonna happen again. she suggested having my achilles operated on. i wouldnt be tight anymore, but i also wouldnt be able to run or stand on my feet longer than 15-20 mins. my achilles is my biggest phobia, just typing that word made me uncomfortable.

so ive been doing hack squats to help as much as possible, i can do 4 plates on each side for five reps at this point, when i could barely do one ten months ago. and it did make my legs bigger, but i know i'll never get the maximum out of myself if i cant squat. its frustrating since i have the drive to do them, but my physical self says :usure:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
i was born with club foot in both feet

club-foot-repair-normal-anatomy-picture.jpg

ive had several surgeries and was casted for the first 3 years of my life and then about every 4 years after that. my feet are normal now but my achilles and arch are extremely tight, almost like if i have never stretched in my life, my doctor said i had the tightness of an old man and im only 23. recently i didnt even how bad they were until my mom noticed how i was walking on my toes.

theyre so tight that when i squat no matter what stance i use, my heels come up. even for air squats. im hoping they stretch them enough to fix the problem but i have a feeling it wont and im gonna need the walking cast. my doctor told me back in 2007 this was gonna happen again. she suggested having my achilles operated on. i wouldnt be tight anymore, but i also wouldnt be able to run or stand on my feet longer than 15-20 mins. my achilles is my biggest phobia, just typing that word made me uncomfortable.

so ive been doing hack squats to help as much as possible, i can do 4 plates on each side for five reps at this point, when i could barely do one ten months ago. and it did make my legs bigger, but i know i'll never get the maximum out of myself if i cant squat. its frustrating since i have the drive to do them, but my physical self says :usure:

Does it hurt when your ankle is pointed downward?

@semtex brought up Bulgarian Split Squats a long time ago and I wondering if that woud be a good replacement :manny:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Does it hurt when your ankle is pointed downward?

@semtex brought up Bulgarian Split Squats a long time ago and I wondering if that woud be a good replacement :manny:
my feet are normal like the pic on the left so no physical pain anymore, that went away with my last operation. just extremely tight muscles and tendons restricting movement. the cast works so well because its constant stretching for thirty days. shyt sucks.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
my feet are normal like the pic on the left so no physical pain anymore, that went away with my last operation. just extremely tight muscles and tendons restricting movement. the cast works so well because its constant stretching for thirty days. shyt sucks.

I could be wrong but walking lunges with a barbell/appropriate weight and bulgarian split squats might be good alternatives.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
So I'm trying to lose 9lbs. Just started last week and I've been okay. I had oatmeal for lunch, chicken salad for lunch, pretzels for snack and 2 chicken tacos for dinner for the last few days. Today, I was following the same meal pattern but I went to the gym this morning for about an hr, did the elliptical and treadmill. Right around 4 pm I just got the worse headache, I almost passed out literally. I figured I was hungry even though I didnt feel hungry (if that makes sense)..... anyone know whats going on? It had to be associated with my diet because that is the only thing that has changed.

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
So I'm trying to lose 9lbs. Just started last week and I've been okay. I had oatmeal for lunch, chicken salad for lunch, pretzels for snack and 2 chicken tacos for dinner for the last few days. Today, I was following the same meal pattern but I went to the gym this morning for about an hr, did the elliptical and treadmill. Right around 4 pm I just got the worse headache, I almost passed out literally. I figured I was hungry even though I didnt feel hungry (if that makes sense)..... anyone know whats going on? It had to be associated with my diet because that is the only thing that has changed.

Sounds like a freak incidence..an anomaly per se... Headaches during workouts are usually associated with hydration issues...on average what's your water intake like?? Also do you wear glasses for eye sight?

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Sounds like a freak incidence..an anomaly per se... Headaches during workouts are usually associated with hydration issues...on average what's your water intake like?? Also do you wear glasses for eye sight?
It didnt happen during the workout, it happen later in the day. I do wear contacts but I have been for years. This girl at my job started saying it was something with my sugar (since I changed my diet) and diabetes, kinda freaked me out so I was just asking.