Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
Uh, no. I do not co-sign on this.

Ever see a leg-less person who has huge arms?

Yes but answer this why would anyone want a skinny body and big arms? Also you find me someone who can squat 3-4pps for reps that has small T-rex ass arms?

Squats and deadlifts are for overall development and growth. At the back end of my last bulk cycle,I had 17 inch arms (when tensed) and that all comes from heavy direct compound exercises.The only isolation exercise I do for my bi-/tri-ceps are basic bicep curls & weighted chins once a fortnight...besides if you have huge arms and small everything else, people will correctly think that you fap way too much lol

Personally I hardly ever do any direct bicep/tricep isolation program & now I have 15 inch biceps @ 6'1 sitting pretty around 203lbs. I focus on squats, dead lifts, bench press and overhead press...currently Cutting at the moment!

Nah squats won't build your arms.

You'll get more from your biceps via pull-ups and rows. Pull compounds >

Agreed pendlay / barbell style rowing does wonders for the back and arm gains..however there is something I would call the law of proportions, ....generally speaking 175 lb men dont have 19 or 20 inch arms. So indirectly, yes, power lifts i.e. squats, dead lifts and BB rows will help you get bigger arms, simply by way of adding more overall mass and density to your frame...smh didn't anyone read the article?

:laugh: @ Squats building your arms

Did you attempt to digress the literature I posted or did you opt to just 'skim through it' ? Big arms are useless with a weak back, and weak legs. Squat and deadlift heavy weight. Trust me your body will grow strong. Hope,you realise that your body doesn't like to grow out of proportion so if you only train upper body at the expense of legs you will find it harder to grow past a certain point as your body acts against it.

E.g: When you were a child and grew to an adult size, did your upper body get taller while your legs stayed child size?
NO, so in the same sense, to keep adding muscle to your ARMS, chest, shoulders back, you MUST add muscle to your quads and hams, etc...

P.s: Google 'how to squat for huge arms by stuart mcrobert' READ the frigging article & let it sink in....Im done talking on the topic! Good luck with your lifting program of choice.....

Last edited:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
I squat but I really don't think it's doing anything for my biceps. Now core/abs I feel it when i'm struggling.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Yes but answer this why would anyone want a skinny body and big arms? Also you find me someone who can squat 3-4pps for reps that has small T-rex ass arms?
Actually, when I started weight lifting, my leg development surpassed my upper body development so I was in shape and fit but my quad, hams and legs overshadowed my chest, back and arms. It took awhile for my upper body to catch up. I didn't do deadlifts and was doing squats and leg press for leg exercises. I was doing upper body exercises, bench, rows, curls, etc. but in 4 years, my arms, chest, and back were still not that strong or big. :sadbron:

And when I say leg-less people have big arms, these are dudes who get around using upper-body strength all day long. I had to investigate this domestic between a leg-less man and his girlfriend. Dude's upper body was like "Hugh Jackman version while filming Wolverine" status . He was not able to do squats since he didn't have legs.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Warrior Dash was awesome..so many hills in between the obstacles..saw some ankles getting injured, someone falling off a wall, and barbed wire taking some flesh off someone's bare back..all i got was scraped up right knee from crawling on jagged rocks..they also had a punch challenge booth that got some actual oohs and aahs from the crowd around me admiring my punching power..my gf was just rolled her eyes..didnt break the record on that though...got my beer, helmet, and medal afterwards..took a vid and some pics..and now all i want to do is eat and relax for the rest of the night..will def be doing more of these..running on a treadmill doesnt cut it..you gotta run outside and you have to make sure your upper body strength is on point as well as core...i now have a base to improve on for rebel race or spartan race next spring

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Brehs me and Young Krack just got the opportunity to watch Rashad Evans sparring :wow:

We were both literally sitting there like :lupe:

Also another dude named Marlon Moraies (sp?)

Saw him do pads during an open workout, powerful dude. But he lost to Bones two days later :sadcam: