Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Also, db chest press. I know I can do more weight (doing the PHAT routine so was doing 3-5 reps) but I can't get the fukking weight up:bryan:

Then don't do it until you can :yeshrug: If your stabilizing muscles aren't strong enough it's a good way to hurt yourself.

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
- So this morning I attempted to do 6X4 front squats at 235 lbs. Been stalling all summer. I normally do two warm up sets - one with an empty bar, then one with one plate on each side. So I get into it, and I get through my first four sets, and I'm thinking I'm finally going to get it today. As I'm resting, I see another dude stretching before he hit the squats, and it hit me: I hadn't stretched before I started. I wasn't able to finish the way I wanted, but I had gotten farther than I had in a few weeks. Am I tripping, or could not stretching have made that much of a difference?

- Over the last couple of weeks, I've realized that if you're :flabbynsick:, you really have no excuse to not get in shape if old people can still do it. I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago. The father of the bride is this short Chinese guy, 5'5" tops. But dude is RIPPED. The veins on his arms had their own veins :wtf: And then two of the regulars are these two old white men easily in their 60s. They aren't doing heavy weights or anything, but they are at least putting forth the effort to not be as :flabbynsick:. So when I see people my age that are just all sorts of fat and sloppy, I just wonder, "Why?"

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
i went home for labor day weekend..i had 5 ppl talmbout "pat youve lost weight" "you look lean" "you've firmed up" (my homegirl told me that)...this cut is working...warrior dash in 3 weeks..near optimal condition

J.Pinkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
- So this morning I attempted to do 6X4 front squats at 235 lbs. Been stalling all summer. I normally do two warm up sets - one with an empty bar, then one with one plate on each side. So I get into it, and I get through my first four sets, and I'm thinking I'm finally going to get it today. As I'm resting, I see another dude stretching before he hit the squats, and it hit me: I hadn't stretched before I started. I wasn't able to finish the way I wanted, but I had gotten farther than I had in a few weeks. Am I tripping, or could not stretching have made that much of a difference?

Stretching temporarily weakens your muscles if you do static stretching, so yeah probably.

Also, I never stretch.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Also, db chest press. I know I can do more weight (doing the PHAT routine so was doing 3-5 reps) but I can't get the fukking weight up:bryan:
I do heavy bench with BB and light bench with DB

It was getting to a point on DB where if I didn't get the perfect grip my whole set would be ruined

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
The idea of stretching before working out/exercising is to get limber and prevent injury. If you're already warmed up and already in your heavy squats without issues, then that was no big deal. Actually, there's a sports medicine theory that you shouldn't stretch before exercising. Just warm-up the muscles properly and only do mild stretching if all anything, before getting into it. Then, you do your heavy stretching routine after the workout.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Haven't been in my normal routine lately. I went on vacation. Did a lot of cardio while on vacation just jogging. After coming back, I was exhausted, plus I had to work on my car so I couldn't work out. This weekend, I had to work on my car again and finish a home improvement project. I'm almost done but I need to complete it. I went to the gym once last week.
Looking at my calendar, I only worked on legs once last month. That's sad.

semtex

:)
Daps
doin t-bar rows like this:

T-bar-Towel-Rows.jpg

Hurts so good :ohlawd:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I did those today with the tricep rope. DB rows and finished with deadlifts. Was too tired to do bicep...I'll throw them in tomorrow with legs. :obama:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This bytch just parked a cart with trays of cookies and cupcakes in the middle of my cube aisle. Get this shyt out of here!! :camby: