Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

semtex

:)
Daps
:whoa: you cant progressively weight hip pushups so nah brah

but if we include weight vests though :whew:
If you do them the right way then you won't be adding weight quickly. Lots of people don't maintain the forward lean throughout the movement.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Had my first experience with chalk today doing deadlifts.

Did 405 with double overhand, got 465 (my old PR)...then I tried 495 and got it. No belt was used and no pain. :yeshrug:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps

Did 405 with double overhand, got 465 (my old PR)...then I tried 495 and got it. No belt was used and no pain. :yeshrug:

yeah chalk is a must. it will make you able to lift more at those weights. The first thing to give out typically is your grip. Also use a hook grip if you don't already. You will feel even more comfortable. Tape your thumb up when you do it.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
yeah chalk is a must. it will make you able to lift more at those weights. The first thing to give out typically is your grip. Also use a hook grip if you don't already. You will feel even more comfortable. Tape your thumb up when you do it.

I'll be sure to keep the hook grip. :ohhh:

I'm thinking of buying the eco-ball...a cleaner alternative to chalk. Got some powder in the eye when bench pressed. :bryan:Bought some liquid chalk...we'll see how that goes.

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global

Bruh, have your deadlifts ever fluctuated randomly?

Like, I hit 480 on the deads for the first time 2 weeks ago, and didn't feel like it was too bad. Good form and everything. (I wore a belt)

Today I tried to do it again to prepare myself for maybe attempting 500lbs next week and barely got it off the ground :why: I'm not sure if its cuz I did my power day a day later than I'm supposed to, but felt extra sluggish today for some reason. You look hella stupid loading up all that weight on some :youngsabo:shyt only to look at it a few seconds later like :leostare::skip:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Like, I hit 480 on the deads for the first time 2 weeks ago, and didn't feel like it was too bad. Good form and everything. (I wore a belt)

Today I tried to do it again to prepare myself for maybe attempting 500lbs next week and barely got it off the ground :why: I'm not sure if its cuz I did my power day a day later than I'm supposed to, but felt extra sluggish today for some reason. You look hella stupid loading up all that weight on some :youngsabo:shyt only to look at it a few seconds later like :leostare::skip:
:heh:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ

Yeah they do fluctuate....soo many factors though, forearm strength, fatigue, confidence that day, etc. :yeshrug: I have a bad habit of trying my 1RM on many things midway through a workout session. Particularly with deads, I use to do them at the end of leg day or back. I warmed up with pullups this time and was at it. My first leap was when I stopped using gloves, second was when I started working out with the Samoan dude and my ego/pride gave me a kaio-ken boost, third was using chalk.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
back in the gym after 1.5 months off cuz of my bytch ass shoulder. went pretty light on every lift and did some of them rotator cuff strengthening/shooulde rehab jawns before i got into lifting. no pain even when doing overhead shyt. i await the DOMS patiently :lupe:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Wore a Daniel Bryan shirt to lift today. . closet wrestling fans love to reveal themselves at the gym, shyt's hilarious when cats'll stop you to talk wrestling when they see a shirt like a secret handshake or some shyt.

I need to download some more of that ign'ant ass drill music, it's unlistenable to me any other time those GBE dudes will get you zoned out and going for reps under a bar. I was listening to "beef" by Lil Reese pretty much on repeat and :damn:

-P-

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
First time deadlifting in 9 months. Some lifts just never completely fall off :banderas:

Repped 225 for easy 12s. Was thinkin bout moving up but repaired shoulder was fatiguing. Gotta take time reintroducing certain loads to it.

Return to 400 club in progress. I'm comin ya'll :blessed:

Speakin of which, nikkas gettin strong as fukk in here :whoo:

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
ugh fell off the wagon brehs, stopped doing ud2 around middle of july due to vacations and not being able to switch my state of mind back to being strict as shyt. still went from 160lbs to 154lbs and look good, but all i think is what could be my body now?:banderas:

now im just counting calories for a month or so, or down to 150lbs and then going back on ud2 cuz its more effective the lower weight u are and it will help me get over that 150lb barrier i had a trouble with last year. i know to lift heavy while cutting and i have a good base already, so i didnt think ss or 5x5 would be the best choice and to be honest, im bored of it since i was doing it for 6-8 months prior. any suggestions for good programs or just keep shyt in 3/3-6 rep range and always strive to add more weight?