Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
172.8 lbs. This is what the scale has told me everyday for the past 2 weeks. I though the shyt might be broke, so I grabbed a 15lb weight and stepped on and it told me 187.8 lbs. So the shyt is acurrate. I just want to get up to 180-185 brehs, this bulking shyt ain't working for me :to:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Anyone ever notice the people harping about not overtraining are those that don't have the same results as people who just say fukk it and go wild with it?

"Nah, working your abs everyday is pointless" - Dude with beer belly
"Yeah, you can hit them everyday, that's what I did" - Dude with abs that look like rock formations

"Nah man, you really only need to hit your biceps once a week, indirect work will get them to grow" - Dude with peashooter arms

"I used to train my shyts everyday muthafukka" - CT "That nikka" Fletcher

I think I'm gonna start throwing the "dont overtrain crowd"' opinion in the bushes, show me results then speak, cause the people who saying to just do that shyt everyday got them.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
I do think a lot of people that are not experienced overtrain - burnout - don't make gains.

But once you really know what you're doing. Know your body. Already made great gains, you know what works for you.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
"Don't worry about how much you're lifting. The point is to work your muscles, not your ego."- Kali Muscle

This is something I battle with a lot.

When I first started training, I went with my boy and really just wanted to lift more than him - that competitive spirit. So my whole training was about strength and how much I could lift.

Now i'm more strict with my form and it has meant dropping down in weights.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Trying to cut out sugar. Cooked some steel cut oats and ate them plain. Cup of tea with no sweetener face like :to: whole time

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Anyone ever notice the people harping about not overtraining are those that don't have the same results as people who just say fukk it and go wild with it?

"Yeah, you can hit them everyday, that's what I did" - Dude with abs that look like rock formations

"Nah man, you really only need to hit your biceps once a week, indirect work will get them to grow" - Dude with peashooter arms

I think I'm gonna start throwing the "dont overtrain crowd"' opinion in the bushes, show me results then speak, cause the people who saying to just do that shyt everyday got them.

:leostare: Depends on what you're doing. I believe overtraining is real. But certain exercises can be done more often than others(pull-ups, dips, push-ups etc)..

But I've gone to the gym still sore from a previous workout and my body didn't feel quite right, or at 100%. Essentially my body was telling me, if I continue to try and push through this threshold, I'll soon be looking at a major injury....

I've made it this far pushing my body too the limit, without any injuries, I feel no need to switch it up now...

My 2 cents...

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
:leostare: Depends on what you're doing. I believe overtraining is real. But certain exercises can be done more often than others(pull-ups, dips, push-ups etc)..

But I've gone to the gym still sore from a previous workout and my body didn't feel quite right, or at 100%. Essentially my body was telling me, if I continue to try and push through this threshold, I'll soon be looking at a major injury....

I've made it this far pushing my body too the limit, without any injuries, I feel no need to switch it up now...

My 2 cents...

The other part of that is guys like Rashid, CT etc do this basically for a living. Is the average person resting and eating to be able to recover in that form? Likely not, there is a line you have to be smart on. You have to go as hard as possible but use common sense. If your rest and nutrition don't support a overtrain lifestyle, it's not going to end well.

semtex

:)
Daps

I'd say it depends on the exercise. Heavy deads every day might fukk ones world up :huhldup:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I usually never get sore, but my back is sore this mornin. I did a savage set of close inside grip pullups super set with heavy rope training

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6PsLkCv5RU&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6PsLkCv5RU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

This dude was beastin on ropes in this video^^^

I'm gonna hit legs hard today:

Squats
Hang cleans
Lunges
Leg press
Leg extensions
Stair master
:whew:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We are having a company breakfast next week and honestly, I don't want to fukk up my diet. And it's not really the diet part per say, but I've been doing IF and the breakfast occurs during that time. If I say I'm on a diet I know they'll point me to some "healthy" alternative but that's not the real issue. Then I don't want to seem stuck up or anti social because I didn't want to eat the food. Not sure what I'm going to do.