Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Do u do legs every week or twice a week or what... thats what I meant

If u gettin DOMS after every trip consistently u mite be doing too much

But if u gettin DOMS and only hitting legs like once every 2 weeks u mite need to step it up

DOMS = wrong consistency/volume

:myman: @ the 100 standing body weight calf raises though. I tried them last time, I could only get to like 80. My shyts were sore for days

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
UD2 during Ramadan should be interesting. :leostare:

btw, @Spliff, just thought about this today ... as the book and many of y'all recommended, one of the main source of carbs during my carb load are bagels ... however, I usually eat cinnamon raisin bagels more so than plain bagels cuz they taste better. Do you count the sugar in cinnamon raisin bagels (or something like blueberry bagel) towards the 50g fructose limit? (cuz it isn't really sweet, it just has more of a taste than it's plain counterparts) :lupe:

:skip:

Yea. Count the sugars except when you know the sugar content is all dextrose. For example, I housed 100g-carb worth of smarties during thursday's post-workout meal. Nutrition label lists it as sugar, but its all dextrose so it didn't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
Do u do legs every week or twice a week or what... thats what I meant

If u gettin DOMS after every trip consistently u mite be doing too much

But if u gettin DOMS and only hitting legs like once every 2 weeks u mite need to step it up

DOMS = wrong consistency/volume

:myman: @ the 100 standing body weight calf raises though. I tried them last time, I could only get to like 80. My shyts were sore for days

nah the thing is i wasnt getting much doms anymore so I was thinking that I must be falling off or some shyt so I thats when I started trying to squat 400 on the smith

anyway i only work legs once a week, I figure i walk around my job's building everyday, i walk to the train station for my commute when i dont Have to, I got the veinage going a little bit in the quads and the calfs

and oh no they wasnt 100 calf raises at once , it was more like 1 set of 60, rest for like 10 secs then blast through the last 40

so naw you better than me, I dont think I can do 80 at once after a workout

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Not getting DOMS is good, that means you are hitting it right. U might be able to do more but maybe not.

I would fall back to whatever weight you were doing before the DOMS though and make sure your form is tight. No point squatting 400 if you aren't hitting parallel

semtex

:)
Daps
in other news, it's high volume back day. Lord hammercy :lupe:

EDIT: it was brutal brehs. Drop sets of db rows beginning at 196lbs and ending at 156lbs. Followed by pullups 4x8

struggled thru it. last weeks was better bc I woke up tired this morning and coffee only helps so much.

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
"Don't worry about how much you're lifting. The point is to work your muscles, not your ego."- Kali Muscle

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I usually get asked if I fight or wrestle but I think it has something to do with my traps(which have gotten pretty thick no homo) and my constant weight fluctuation.

I think my comments are related to my legs and how much I squat.

When I put the weights on, I'll have a group of men looking at me like: :usure:

When I finish with a set I'm like :smugbiden:

and they are like :krs: "dang lil lady, you got some strong legs." :leon: "I like a strong woman" :shaq:

This dynamic doesn't usually happen in my school or paid gym, but I've been in my home town for 3 weeks working out at the parks and rec workout center (it's a bunch of locals and hood dudes that aren't used to seeing women working out like that).

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I think my comments are related to my legs and how much I squat.

When I put the weights on, I'll have a group of men looking at me like: :usure:

When I finish with a set I'm like :smugbiden:

and they are like :krs: "dang lil lady, you got some strong legs." :leon: "I like a strong woman" :shaq:

This dynamic doesn't usually happen in my school or paid gym, but I've been in my home town for 3 weeks working out at the parks and rec workout center (it's a bunch of locals and hood dudes that aren't used to seeing women working out like that).

Instagram video post haste

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
image_skuLGRIP001_largeImage_X_130_white.jpg

Liquid Grip at Bodybuilding.com: Lowest Prices for Liquid Grip Products

:blessed:

Hit 405 on Deadlift this morning :leon: PR by 20 lbs

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
5x5 atg squats then 8 sets of pullups with various weights positions then some dropsets on the db rows...bruised my ribs when the weight got lower. i did some bicep workout to finish. 2 hours in the gym but i needed it.:whew: lil caesars pizza for my dinner and maybe a protein shake for midnight snack. :pachaha: