Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Sup dudes I work out in the mornings every other day doing cardio an shyt.

I'm so awesome....

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
that sunburn i had last week, ended up being sun poisoning brehs :whoo: lost a week on ud2/lifting. man im so fukking pissed, im thinking about just doing a 500 calorie a day deficit and then hopping back on ud2 when im 150. im 157 right now.

everything im reading says it works much better the lower you are in weight. maybe i should start again august 1st? was going so well till that cocksuckin sun. getting mentally prepared to even get back started again after a week off is really my problem.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I just had to correct a girl on this in the gym about a week ago. Knees forward, bending too far forward, damn near hitting the rack. Awful.

A conversation from before today's gym session:

*walks into UC Rec Center, bag on back, shoes in one hand, bottle of water and workout log in other hand. Sees blonde girl working. Checks in.*
TrueEpic: Hey, do you mind if I borrow a pen for today?
Blonde Girl: *Quizzically and/or suspiciously* What are you going to use it for?
TrueEpic: :beli: *Blatantly looks down at blank log* For this. *Runs finger over log*
Blonde girl: *Still suspicious* You know you're going to have to give this back, right?
TrueEpic: *Wishing that she could just give me the damn pen and be done with it* Yes.
Blonde girl: OK, here. *Hands me the pen*

The fukk else am I going to do with a pen in a weight room?
It's as if she had never even conceived of a workout log before.
The gym is there to provide workout equipment to use.
The onus of bringing a pen or pencil or other writing instrument to log your workout is on you. This applies to any gym, not just your gym.

Bring your own pen.

I used to log stuff early on. Now, I just have it memorized.... because I'm smart. :cpr:

Just kidding. I've broken down how many different exercises I do to smaller chunks so that I'm not doing a million sets of 50 different exercises.
I used to do about 8 to 10 different exercises working 3 to 4 body parts and 2 to 3 sets per exercise so it was a lot to record. Now, I do one to three different exercises and about 8 to 16 sets total. Most of the time, I'm doing one exercise, like deadlifts. All I have to remember is the weight, reps and sets for like 8 sets.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Is hitting your macros on a weekly basis instead of daily ineffective? Or should it be okay?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
The gym is there to provide workout equipment to use.
The onus of bringing a pen or pencil or other writing instrument to log your workout is on you. This applies to any gym, not just your gym.

Bring your own pen.

I used to log stuff early on. Now, I just have it memorized.... because I'm smart. :cpr:

Just kidding. I've broken down how many different exercises I do to smaller chunks so that I'm not doing a million sets of 50 different exercises.
I used to do about 8 to 10 different exercises working 3 to 4 body parts and 2 to 3 sets per exercise so it was a lot to record. Now, I do one to three different exercises and about 8 to 16 sets total. Most of the time, I'm doing one exercise, like deadlifts. All I have to remember is the weight, reps and sets for like 8 sets.

:manny: If she would have said "No," it's not like it would have been a big deal. I've completely forgotten my log/brought the wrong log on a few occasions and remembered the exercises, number of reps, weight, and workout sequence almost perfectly. I just bring logs out of habit because 1). I'm used to it, 2). I do something like you used to do, so yes, it's a lot to record, and 3). I'll change up my lifts every few weeks and I need something to make sure I'm doing everything right.

But, really, I could mostly commit it to memory if I wanted. I just like to focus on lifting rather than double checking specifics of my workout while I'm working out. Logs simplify all of that for me.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
:manny: If she would have said "No," it's not like it would have been a big deal. I've completely forgotten my log/brought the wrong log on a few occasions and remembered the exercises, number of reps, weight, and workout sequence almost perfectly. I just bring logs out of habit because 1). I'm used to it, 2). I do something like you used to do, so yes, it's a lot to record, and 3). I'll change up my lifts every few weeks and I need something to make sure I'm doing everything right.

But, really, I could mostly commit it to memory if I wanted. I just like to focus on lifting rather than double checking specifics of my workout while I'm working out. Logs simplify all of that for me.

I was just kidding.
I used to keep a log for all workouts in a notebook. I brought my pen. I wrote down weight and reps for each set for each exercise. I'm not saying it's a bad idea.
I'm just saying I don't do that anymore.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
I was just kidding.
I used to keep a log for all workouts in a notebook. I brought my pen. I wrote down weight and reps for each set for each exercise. I'm not saying it's a bad idea.
I'm just saying I don't do that anymore.

I caught that, I was just saying that it wasn't that big of a deal.

BTW, she was at the front desk again yesterday, and even though I had pens on me, I almost asked her for one just for shyts and giggles, just to see how she'd react. :jawalrus:

semtex

:)
Daps
I'm really too critical of my body. Most people would kill just to have shoulders wider than their hips/midsection. That's somethin I've never had to worry about. I should be grateful.

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
@Spliff, quick question about carb load day on UD2

Since the point is to get a lot of carbs in (1000-1200~), should I worry about the fat content in the foods as well? The book says up to 50g, would that factor in the 6g of fish oil, meaning the total amount of fats (saturated, unsatured, etc) or is it exempt? And wouldn't 15% of a 5000 ish calorie diet be too low and hard to do?

Just trying to get as much info since I just got past the two depletion workout days. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
@Spliff, quick question about carb load day on UD2

Since the point is to get a lot of carbs in (1000-1200~), should I worry about the fat content in the foods as well? The book says up to 50g, would that factor in the 6g of fish oil, meaning the total amount of fats (saturated, unsatured, etc) or is it exempt? And wouldn't 15% of a 5000 ish calorie diet be too low and hard to do?

Just trying to get as much info since I just got past the two depletion workout days. Thanks.

6g over isn't going to hurt much of anything, 50g (all fats) is just a mark you want to stay around/under.

Its easier than it looks. Focus on "white" carbs and you'll fall right in line with everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
OT....dog this thread is killing me on bb.com :skip:

Think I Got Raped Over the Weekend (WTF) - Bodybuilding.com Forums

this face dog...
weirdoe.jpg

:bryan:

Actual tears man :laugh: I almost feel bad for how hard I'm laughing reading this

-P-

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
Finally cleared 5x5 at 200 lbs on the bench press this morning :blessed:

I just had to correct a girl on this in the gym about a week ago. Knees forward, bending too far forward, damn near hitting the rack. :snoop: Awful.

A conversation from before today's gym session:

*walks into UC Rec Center, bag on back, shoes in one hand, bottle of water and workout log in other hand. Sees blonde girl working. Checks in.*
TrueEpic: Hey, do you mind if I borrow a pen for today?
Blonde Girl: *Quizzically and/or suspiciously* What are you going to use it for?
TrueEpic: :beli: *Blatantly looks down at blank log* For this. *Runs finger over log*
Blonde girl: *Still suspicious* You know you're going to have to give this back, right?
TrueEpic: *Wishing that she could just give me the damn pen and be done with it* :beli::beli: Yes.
Blonde girl: OK, here. *Hands me the pen*

:MiSu: The fukk else am I going to do with a pen in a weight room? It's as if she had never even conceived of a workout log before.

Fitness Buddy - 1000+ Exercises, Workouts, Ultimate Exercise Journal for the Apple iPhone & iPod Touch

:noah:

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
Cleared 300 this morning because of the alternating grip. New pr:lift:

Should've chilled on the warmups and ate something though..couldve cleared 315:patrice: