Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
PHAT question for the initiated:

I'm doing the research and he of course breaks things down intwo upper body power and lower body power days with hypertrophy the rest of the split so to speak.

I've seen people mention that certain upper body muscle groups shouldn't be mixed but that doesn't seem to apply here. Is it not that big of a deal grand scheme?

:youngsabo:

Boy C

SPC
Daps
This is my favorite peanut butter...can eat this on anything. (bread, celery, carrots, granola bars) :whew:

pbco-wcw-2012-web-lrg.jpg

Not to be fronting on you and RL but I'm pretty sure there is healthier peanut butter out there.

What's the ingredients on that thing? :troll:
Fake edit:

17010005_nutr.gif

:huhldup:

I've been on that Whole Foods Organic Unsweetened & No Salt peanut butter. Only one ingredient, organic dry roasted peanuts and the nutrition facts are very good compared to the above.

yrsl.jpg

srpg.jpg

Actually, interesting comparison between the two. White Chocolate Wonderful has 2g lower fat content! 1g more protein in the Whole Foods doe. Sugar count is way different and of course the sodium, 35mg vs. 0mg

My brother tells me if you're that anal about sodium levels that you messed up. 35mg (or 1%) of sodium is nothing in reality. Shouldn't even be phased by it. (When speaking about hot sauce & sodium.)

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I have been seeing real nice gains doing all my upper body work together. 3 sets pull, 3 sets push, 3 sets shoulders 3 days a week, and then 1-2 leg days. Mixing up body parts is good... better than 1 part a day IMO... why wait a week to hit body parts if they're ready to go in 48 hours?

Be careful though... PHAT volume put me on my ass... took me like a year to get used to the switch

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I have been seeing real nice gains doing all my upper body work together. 3 sets pull, 3 sets push, 3 sets shoulders 3 days a week, and then 1-2 leg days. Mixing up body parts is good... better than 1 part a day IMO... why wait a week to hit body parts if they're ready to go in 48 hours?

Be careful though... PHAT volume put me on my ass... took me like a year to get used to the switch

Thanks man

I think I could get away with a modified version at this point. I think I'm going to try it after the race is over. I need to switch routines up a little anyway, no need to do this much cardio.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Total Amount of Exercise Important, Not Frequency, Research Shows

June 20, 2013 — A new study by Queen's University researchers has determined that adults who accumulated 150 minutes of exercise on a few days of the week were not any less healthy than adults who exercised more frequently throughout the week.

Ian Janssen and his graduate student Janine Clarke studied 2,324 adults from across Canada to determine whether the frequency of physical activity throughout the week is associated with risk factors for diabetes, heart disease and stroke.

"The findings indicate that it does not matter how adults choose to accumulate their 150 weekly minutes of physical activity," says Dr. Janssen. "For instance, someone who did not perform any physical activity on Monday to Friday but was active for 150 minutes over the weekend would obtain the same health benefits from their activity as someone who accumulated 150 minutes of activity over the week by doing 20-25 minutes of activity on a daily basis."

Physical activity was measured continuously throughout the week by having research participants wear accelerometers on their waists. Accelerometers are tiny electrical devices (about the size of a small package of matches) that record how much a person moves every minute.

Dr. Janssen divided the adults who met the physical activity guidelines (more than 150 minutes per week of aerobic activity) into those who were frequently active (active five to seven days of the week) and infrequently active (active one to four days of the week).

"The important message is that adults should aim to accumulate at least 150 minutes of weekly physical activity in whatever pattern that works for their schedule."

Total amount of exercise important, not frequency, research shows

the_more_you_know2.jpg

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
GNC is having a BOGO free sale with $1 shipping

Just came up on 2 3lbs of ISOPURE for $50 and I get 11% cash back :stylin: :mj:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
today's my bday so as my gift to myself went to the gym with the specific goal of deadlifting 495x3 no matter what happened. Good LORD it was hot in there today :damn: I never sweat the way I did in there. .. got it about 3/4 of the way up on the last one and all I could hear was angry ass CT Fletcher yelling "DEAL WITH THAT shyt!!!!!" and hit the lockout.

I felt every single ounce of fight I had in my body leave after that

shame i'm about to go ruin it all with a ruthless amount of Hennessey and Ciroc later, i'll be the hungover cat reeking of liquor and strippers on the treadmill tomorrow :snoop:

-P-

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I think I mite have to fall back on these behind the neck presses. They got a nikka's traps singin but it seems like every time I do them I wake up the next day with a sore neck :mjpls:

I am gonna keep doing my shoulder presses standing up tho, I think it's been good for my core. But I dont know if DB press will give me the same trap activation

Shoutout to @semtex with that grip suggestion on upright rows. I dont even know what I was hitting befoe

Last edited by a moderator:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I'm not doing squats for another 3 months :to:. Knee swole up for a couple days, going to go back to leg presses, lunges and all that.. I'll be back though... I'LL BE BACK!!!

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
I'm not doing squats for another 3 months :to:. Knee swole up for a couple days, going to go back to leg presses, lunges and all that.. I'll be back though... I'LL BE BACK!!!

gotta make sure you have good hip flexibility breh. I see a lot of dudes who can't really sit down on their squats and bend their knees WAAYY too far forward, past their toes, and it just looks horrible. I recomend warming up better and including some hip stretches.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
gotta make sure you have good hip flexibility breh. I see a lot of dudes who can't really sit down on their squats and bend their knees WAAYY too far forward, past their toes, and it just looks horrible. I recomend warming up better and including some hip stretches.

Thank you breh, I gotta look at my form next go around. I will start stretching more... Like everyday.

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps

What's that