Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Do you know what you were doing to cause it?
How does it bother you? What arm motion or position causes immediate pain?

i dont know what i was doing.
i have pretty godd range of motion, but if i bend my arem and raise it like i'm about to sip some cognac, sharp pain side of shoulder, and i definitely cant sleep on it. and putting my arm out to side, bent, and bring forearm upwards also = pain. i dunno if its actually just a strain of the delt. i dont feel any joint pain tho. went to the gym, benched and did some dips and it doesnt hurt doing that.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Have you recalculated TDEE and all of those #s ?

I was using TDEE at first, but it was giving me way more calories than I cared to, or possibly could eat. I've been consuming around 1,800 for the last 3 months. Biking 4-5 miles at least 4 days a week. Was working really well. Haven't been on the track as much because with the nice weather, more people are out and it's harder to pick up a good speed. Might have to head to the gym and workout there.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
325lbs. new PR on squats. Did it on a half squat rack with a spotter. Last time I tried 315 on squats I fukked up my knees back in April. Been mentally shook for a minute...making excuses to avoid legs, etc. Figured what's the use of bulking up and using this creatine now when I won't put it to good use. :wow:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I was using TDEE at first, but it was giving me way more calories than I cared to, or possibly could eat. I've been consuming around 1,800 for the last 3 months. Biking 4-5 miles at least 4 days a week. Was working really well. Haven't been on the track as much because with the nice weather, more people are out and it's harder to pick up a good speed. Might have to head to the gym and workout there.

With out knowing your stats I guessing you have bottomed out on what 1800 cals is going to do f.r you. It might be time to run the number again to see where that puts you.

The issue is that dropping below 1800 cals is going to be pretty tough. You may need a few weeks at maintenance.

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
With out knowing your stats I guessing you have bottomed out on what 1800 cals is going to do f.r you. It might be time to run the number again to see where that puts you.

The issue is that dropping below 1800 cals is going to be pretty tough. You may need a few weeks at maintenance.

I was thinking that might be the case. :bryan:

Do I go harder on the fitness tip then?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I was thinking that might be the case. :bryan:

Do I go harder on the fitness tip then?

If you have reached the floor on cals that isn't going to do much. Keep exercising but trying to compensate that way likely isn't the best move.

IF you body is in :whoa: mode going harder is going to cause more :whoa:

What were you averaging each week loss wise?

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
If you have reached the floor on cals that isn't going to do much. Keep exercising but trying to compensate that way likely isn't the best move.

IF you body is in :whoa: mode going harder is going to cause more :whoa:

What were you averaging each week loss wise?

2-3 :sadbron:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
i dont know what i was doing.
i have pretty godd range of motion, but if i bend my arem and raise it like i'm about to sip some cognac, sharp pain side of shoulder, and i definitely cant sleep on it. and putting my arm out to side, bent, and bring forearm upwards also = pain. i dunno if its actually just a strain of the delt. i dont feel any joint pain tho. went to the gym, benched and did some dips and it doesnt hurt doing that.

Full range of motion except a sharp pain in a certain position, eh? :dwillhuh:

Did you ever snap your arm outward in a very fast motion? Like throwing a frisbee? Backhand b*tch slap a ho?

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Full range of motion except a sharp pain in a certain position, eh? :dwillhuh:

Did you ever snap your arm outward in a very fast motion? Like throwing a frisbee? Backhand b*tch slap a ho?

i have suspended my ho slapping until the fall, no sharp movements. i'm very :dwillhuh: about the shyt also, cuz i'm pretty careful, and i dont do any heavy weights with shoulder exercises.

if i do this shyt @2:40 thats gives sharp pain.

Last edited by a moderator:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
i have suspended my ho slapping until the fall, no sharp movements. i'm very :dwillhuh: about the shyt also, cuz i'm pretty careful, and i dont do any heavy weights with shoulder exercises.

if i do this shyt @2:40 thats gives sharp pain.
Okay, you have something different than what I had. I had a torn labrum. Long time ago, I injured myself. I heard a pop in my shoulder and I could move my arm in any position except in the overhand tennis serve position. Then, I would get a sharp pain like some one put a little knife in my shoulder joint.

You might want to go on a sports medicine forum to find out what's wrong. There's other people that might have that injury and know what to do.

Sounds like a rotator cuff injury.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
n1b6h1.jpg

:patrice: