Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Can anyone tell me wt im doin wrong that when i go real heavy on deadlifts,i get real light headed after a set,i feel maybe its my breathing technique,never really tried to get my breathing down right wen ever i lift,wat u gym brehs think?

vert

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can anyone tell me wt im doin wrong that when i go real heavy on deadlifts,i get real light headed after a set,i feel maybe its my breathing technique,never really tried to get my breathing down right wen ever i lift,wat u gym brehs think?

hard to say w/o seeing you but, sounds like you're holding your breath :no:

ppl's blood pressure tends to rise during weight training and this coupled w/ bad breathing technique(makes BP rise even more) may have you feeling funny.

focus on your breathing on the lighter sets to maybe ingrain your body/brain into more proper technique.

1970s HeRon Flow

Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
hard to say w/o seeing you but, sounds like you're holding your breath :no:

ppl's blood pressure tends to rise during weight training and this coupled w/ bad breathing technique(makes BP rise even more) may have you feeling funny.

focus on your breathing on the lighter sets to maybe ingrain your body/brain into more proper technique.

Yea i pretty much do :snoop:
Last time after a heavy set i felt like i was gonna pass out after i finished,feeling stayed for like 5 mins,said "fuk it im done for the day" and left the gym :russ:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
you have to create a "block" when you deadlift or squat

breathe in, lock your abs, feel your lats clinch and drive your heels. breathe out as you contract your glutes, breathe in recreating the block as your bring the weight back down

deadlifts arent meant to be done "fast" take your time and focus on form

1970s HeRon Flow

Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
you have to create a "block" when you deadlift or squat

breathe in, lock your abs, feel your lats clinch and drive your heels. breathe out as you contract your glutes, breathe in recreating the block as your bring the weight back down

deadlifts arent meant to be done "fast" take your time and focus on form

Yea i think i kno where i was messin up,i wait till i start my next rep b4 i breath :heh:

Benny P

Registered Rican
Daps
guy brought his girl to the gym today. Everyone was :leon:, but of course he was :beli:.

I kept sneaking peaks though.:shaq:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Bruh I take like 5 big breaths between each rep on working sets of deads

You gotta breathe on those, damn near hyperventilate if you need to

----------------------------

I HATE HATE HATE dudes who load up the bench w/respectable weight, and don't bring the shyt anywhere close to their chest... TAKE THAT shyt TO THE CHEST nikka... runnin around talkin about, "yea i bench like 245x10"... w/15" arms :mjpls:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
I HATE HATE HATE dudes who load up the bench w/respectable weight, and don't bring the shyt anywhere close to their chest... TAKE THAT shyt TO THE CHEST nikka... runnin around talkin about, "yea i bench like 245x10"... w/15" arms :mjpls:

these are the same dudes who squirm and wiggle all around the bench and jerk their bodies around trying to get the bar back up. there's a group of 4 dudes who go to my gym every fri morn when i go to do legs and they do this on the bench. 2 of them have to be in their mid 40s. i'm not going to be surprised when one of them ends up hurting them self.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

I used to feel this way, then I started reading into body types and benching.

Certain people get a better stimulation when going til their arm is parallel to the floor. This won't allow you to touch your chest. Some also lose tension in their chest trying to touch their chest, putting a lot of stress on the shoulder.

You really have to self-assess to see what works best for you.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I'm not saying there aren't a shytload slackers, but there are some cases where a limited range of motion may be better.

I wish I knew this long ago. I might have saved my shoulder.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm not saying there aren't a shytload slackers, but there are some cases where a limited range of motion may be better.

Is this usually the case for people with long arms?

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin

yea, i know a lot of clowns that go around telling nikkas to bring the bar to your chest when it's not always needed

for me personally, going to the chest put unneeded stress on my shoulders, so i just make an L shape

also, I think it's harder because some cats that go to the chest like to bounce it off the chest and think they're using their full strength :childplease: