Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

SonofaGod

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
then it seems like it's becoming more of a stabilization exercise :ehh:

i'd rather just do heavy deadlifts and weighted pullups, your lats aren't gonna get that much bigger unless u put on some mass anyway

thats true. but its a benefit if you care about functional strength other than just mass. kinda like smith machine vs free weight.

semtex

:)
Daps
Not gym related but this chick I went to school with just asked if this was north America or south america :snoop:

vert

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats true. but its a benefit if you care about functional strength other than just mass. kinda like smith machine vs free weight.

if u can deadlift a ton and can do heavy weighted pullups, your strength will be pretty damn functional :smugfavre:

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
5' 9" 170 just got my max on deads for 2 reps up to 350. No idea if thats even decent, but considering i just started really lifting this year im happy as hell with my progress

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
I guess the rest days are where they are on PHAT for a reason

:noah: traps killing me

Benny P

Registered Rican
Daps
Rock climbing is a helluva workout.

Also, I love PHAT. I'm cutting and gaining strength. How?!

Oh yeah, I've dropped about 3.5-4 lbs in the last week and a half.

vidyagamer

Rookie
Daps
Lesbian (seeming) chick at the gym smiled at me today. She usually scowls at him/us when I'm there with the b/f.

:shaq::lolbron:

She want me brehs. :ninja2:

lol

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Lower back been killing me all week. Had to cut my workout short tonight :sadbron:
I been stretching every morning for bout 10 mins and stretching before lifting. Gonna take the rest of the week off and try again on monday

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lower back been killing me all week. Had to cut my workout short tonight :sadbron:
I been stretching every morning for bout 10 mins and stretching before lifting. Gonna take the rest of the week off and try again on monday

Do these, I find they work well. I have(well had) lower back pain too. Now that my lower back is stronger. I dont have any pain at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Knee is not cooperating with me, brehs... :sadcam: I'm down in FL with the fam, and I got a week pass to the Anytime Fitness while we down here. Since today is leg day for me, I went over there and started with squats. Left knee was like :damn:. Got two reps in and realized I was gonna have problems. Waited a little bit, went under the bar, did two of 225 again, realized I was gonna be :flabbynsick: today. Dropped down to 135 and tried some tabata squats. Still knee pain. :damn: :damn:

Right next to the rack is a v-squat machine. So I go on that, still problems. Only went to parallel, and something clicked in my knee. Tried to be a g and fight through it, but I seriously thought I was gonna have something go and I would be sprawled out on the floor in a foreign gym. I'll see if I can get in there tomorrow for some cardio; if not, Monday is chest and triceps. Gym is tight though, much bigger than the Anytime Fitness by my crib.