Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Mayne I tried to get back into ball last year. I'm too heavy for my knees/ankles bruh. When I was hooping in HS I was a good 50-70lb lighter. Came back, jumping around, everything from my lower back down screamed :damn: I would love to run suicide drills again. Maybe next spring/summer.

Also think it mite be time to start training my neck.

SonofaGod

Pro
Daps
Reppin
New York
Did snatches for the first time today

I can not think of an exercise that put so much fear into me like that exercise does. You have to have your posture damn near perfect in order to do it correctly

Anyone else doing them, what's the max you ever did?

i want to start doing snatches and c&j. figured id master the clean&jerk before i progress to the snatch. But i cant even get the clean right. The part where you rack it on your shoulders i dont even have the wrist flexibility for that:beli:

So for now im just doing high pulls until i get bored and decide to work on something new then ill work on my clean:manny:

hawaii

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did snatches for the first time today

I can not think of an exercise that put so much fear into me like that exercise does. You have to have your posture damn near perfect in order to do it correctly

Anyone else doing them, what's the max you ever did?

The snatch is the most technical lift there is. Most I've ever done is 145lbs but they were power snatches caught really high. I have no stability at the bottom position in a squat snatch.

Just for reference, I can power clean about 100lbs more than I can power snatch, so my form is pretty bad.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
:ohhh:Is Zumba really an exercise? or a lazy form of running?
ask this chick:
article-2235451-158876BD000005DC-480_634x425.jpg

Alexis Wright: Three more men convicted in Zumba 'prostitute' case - but walk from court after being issued fines | Mail Online

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I'm doing the 5x5 program and I tell this white boy who's spotting me 5 reps....nikka had me do 8 before he helped out. I don't need no cheerleader, but I ain't no punk. :bryan:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I made the mistake of going at 10pm once and shyt was still crowded. Saw the gym, looked around :beli: , and said fukk it and went home.

My old gym was raggedy as fukk, one shower, no tvs, workers mean muggin me, no classes, etc. Folks did there business and left. My kind of gym:noah:

I hit the gym the other night. Entire free weight area was crowded. All the machines were used. Figured I'd go do some cardio. Every single treadmill and elliptical was taken to. And this is a big ass Gold's Gym.

I'm just going around 2-4 from now on when it's usually pretty dead.

I will say though that the ass in there was ridiculous.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I hit the gym the other night. Entire free weight area was crowded. All the machines were used. Figured I'd go do some cardio. Every single treadmill and elliptical was taken to. And this is a big ass Gold's Gym.

I'm just going around 2-4 from now on when it's usually pretty dead.

I will say though that the ass in there was ridiculous.

The Gold's Gym I went to only have a semi-squat rack...no full ones. :upsetfavre: