Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
My experience has been opposite, even with heavy manual labor involved. :manny:

I usually don't eat til 4-5pm when following a leangains type IF-window and my energy levels have been higher and more consistent throughout the day versus standard dieting. There's an increase in catecholamine release the longer you go into a fast which gives you a mini-ephedrine effect. This is where the testimonials of feeling more "focused" stem from and also why exercising closer to the end of the 16hrs is ideal.

IIFYM is about macros. Leangains is really just about the 16/8 fast:eat window with a focus on post-workout nutrition. Everything else is up in the air and requires to person to do some homework, although he does give LOOSE guidelines for eating. Both can be combined.

Random:
I don't know how long IIFYM been around, but I've been eating like that since I started calorie counting. I just didn't call it "IIFYM," but "eat a free meal and worry about damage control later" :laugh: :manny:

.....IIFYM has a better ring to it :obama:

Exactly, when i'm on my fast i feel sharp as a fukking knife. There's a lot of research coming out now about the neuroprotective aspect of fasting as well, very interesting stuff.

I've been wanting to give eat stop eat a try but I just love leangains too much at this point. I can't believe how well it works, even if you can't workout as frequently as you would like.

and fukk 6 little meals a day bullshyt, fukk that shyt so hard

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
^^
ArfCv.gif

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
for leangains is it required to keep the same time u eat and fast everyday or is fine as long as u do the 8/16 split and have ur biggest meal after workout? my hours for work can go from anywhere from 7-4pm or 12-10pm, so when my work schedule changes daily i have to eat/workout at different times.

or is it just better to keep it between 1-9pm?

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans via NYC
Slight pain around shoulder blade and tomorrow is back/shoulder day :sadcam:

be careful my dude might wanna switch it up depending on the pain, I had a shoulder injury put me out from upper body for like 4 months.

Today I did a full upper body I didn't plan it to be like that but I ended up doin bicep curls, pushups, pull-ups, dips, incline bench barbell, rows, sit ups, and even a few heavy deadlifts. Usually I do a 3 days split that is back/bi chest/tri legs/shoulders but sometimes I just switch it up and new a bunch of random shyt.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Thought I was reaching 500 on the deadlift tonight. 445 felt so good, did it twice. Went up to 465 and was :sadbron: barely got it up to my knees.

My 1rep max is still 460 :to:

vybz353

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for the IF Info....will definitely do it....tonight......chest and biceps :win:

sknk80

Rookie
Daps
splurged and had fast food for the first time in well over a month yesterday :scusthov::sadbron:

semtex

:)
Daps
That's just how good I was feeling. No fatigue at all. I was thinking I could feel my self going all the way up.

Rack pulls?
*goes to youtube*

Edit
:ohhh::leon:
yep go way heavier than your deads. 495 or so. your traps gonna look like mount everest.

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans via NYC
Skipped the gym today, instead I ran in the park 4 miles. at every mile i did 50 decline pushups with my feet on a bench. shyt was intense it was like 80 degrees.