Essential Random Gym Thoughts Revisited...

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Lurking in the old forum, but you dudes definitely helped with the motivation....Any body in here tried IF yet? Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health I'm interested in starting it but just wanted to get some opinions.

I guess you missed the explosion in popularity Leangains garnered over the years.

It works and allows easy adherence to dieting. It's my base eating pattern regardless what my goals are. The author comes from a respected group of "gurus" so his word is to be trusted, although he's been pretty emo this year.

There's more to it, but you just asked for opinions :shaq:

Don't expect a book anytime soon either :russ: Eat Stop Eat is the closest you'll get.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Lurking in the old forum, but you dudes definitely helped with the motivation....Any body in here tried IF yet? Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health I'm interested in starting it but just wanted to get some opinions.
Leangains is the shyt. Not only does it work, it's easy to maintain. Fasting sounds hard, but once your body acclimatizes to it its a piece of cake. I also felt noticeably sharper and better all around doing it, even after huge ass meals i had no food coma fog goin down.

Berkhan has been a little bit of a whiny bytch this year on facebook. He doesn't get how people don't understand a lot of things. How can he blame them when his method/site is so poorly outlined? Hopefully his book organizes everything well enough.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The more I do it the more I realize PHAT is a well designed program. I really like it.

I feel like brehs in here are starting to turn on each other. I dont like that.

if i offended you when i said your routine was terrible, my bad playboy. i was saying that constructively, i wasn't trying to attack or insult you. i hope you didn't take it that way.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Leangains is the shyt. Not only does it work, it's easy to maintain. Fasting sounds hard, but once your body acclimatizes to it its a piece of cake. I also felt noticeably sharper and better all around doing it, even after huge ass meals i had no food coma fog goin down.

Berkhan has been a little bit of a whiny bytch this year on facebook. He doesn't get how people don't understand a lot of things. How can he blame them when his method/site is so poorly outlined? Hopefully his book organizes everything well enough.

i think alot of it for many people is work/school schedule

depending on when your activity peaks in the day if you dont set it up right you can get pretty fatigued

i do almost all the physical labor at my job because my boss is crippled, so If i didnt eat when i wanted there would be points i would be miserable :manny: ive always valued that dynamic aspect of IIFYM

*kliqdaps OCMF*

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
i think alot of it for many people is work/school schedule

depending on when your activity peaks in the day if you dont set it up right you can get pretty fatigued

i do almost all the physical labor at my job because my boss is crippled, so If i didnt eat when i wanted there would be points i would be miserable :manny: ive always valued that dynamic aspect of IIFYM

*kliqdaps OCMF*

My experience has been opposite, even with heavy manual labor involved. :manny:

I usually don't eat til 4-5pm when following a leangains type IF-window and my energy levels have been higher and more consistent throughout the day versus standard dieting. There's an increase in catecholamine release the longer you go into a fast which gives you a mini-ephedrine effect. This is where the testimonials of feeling more "focused" stem from and also why exercising closer to the end of the 16hrs is ideal.

IIFYM is about macros. Leangains is really just about the 16/8 fast:eat window with a focus on post-workout nutrition. Everything else is up in the air and requires to person to do some homework, although he does give LOOSE guidelines for eating. Both can be combined.

Random:
I don't know how long IIFYM been around, but I've been eating like that since I started calorie counting. I just didn't call it "IIFYM," but "eat a free meal and worry about damage control later" :laugh: :manny:

.....IIFYM has a better ring to it :obama:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
see this is what i mean, i swore that lean gains was relatively low carbs with refeeds on the weekends :dead: must be PSMF that im thinking

but yeah, my days vary wildly because of how my work fits in( i work for Auburn) and some days ill be hauling loads and other days ill just be doing paper work. I can get away with no breakfast but on a day i might have physical labor? im done for

most of the people who do IF often wait to eat when they get home atleast thats what ive seen

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
see this is what i mean, i swore that lean gains was relatively low carbs with refeeds on the weekends :dead: must be PSMF that im thinking

but yeah, my days vary wildly because of how my work fits in( i work for Auburn) and some days ill be hauling loads and other days ill just be doing paper work. I can get away with no breakfast but on a day i might have physical labor? im done for

most of the people who do IF often wait to eat when they get home atleast thats what ive seen

Yea, you ultimately gotta find what works best for you.

I can't stand eating small meals and prefer to skip breakfast. Fortunately, Martin's cut from the same cloth and devised leangains. The rest is history :smugdraper:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
600 cal meals :huhldup:

all my meals range from 800-1000 :jawalrus:

MMS

Staff member
Daps