Rakim says he’ll knock MC Serch the fukk out

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Crl9npt.gif

Serch has Ra beat in the dance department. Lol this situation is ridiculous but this kind of thing - rappers writing songs on spec for other rappers happens so ?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
The crazy part is, Serch didn't even say it like that, like "yeah, I ghostwrote this for Rakim and he released it...". He explained it in detail already what happened with that, whoever this is doing the interview with Rakim gave him sloppy intel because he wanted a viral moment or he is just terrible at his job and did no real research (probably the latter) and got a civilized man to almost get out of character with silly net threats. These interviewers/bloggers today are disgusting, Rakim and Serch should both publicly shyt on this interviewer.
Lord Seer isn’t a new jack. He’s from the Stretch and Bobbito show. He should know better. Been doing this for over 25 years.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Nah, "Take Over" just had a lot of :duck:in it.

Don't try to turn the thread into something it's not.

Fred.
You're insufferable with this. It's over, Jay lost and he paid Nas (eventually) for sampling his voice. Stop.

thread is about Serch telling half truths & being disingenuous - Jay verse was just another example

:hubie:

wasn't trying to derail this

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
thread is about Serch telling half truths & being disingenuous - Jay verse was just another example

:hubie:

wasn't trying to derail this

It's not about that though, if you actually read the thread.

Serch told a story about Lyor Cohen asking him to write a song for Rakim.

Serch said they reached out to Eric B., who went off on them for even suggesting it.

Lord Sear was interviewing Rakim on some obvious troll shyt, and said :sas1: "so Serch said he wrote for you."

Rakim, understandably offended at the implication, said he'd knock Serch out.

Serch is a clown because the urge to let people know he "wrote" for Rakim overwhelmed his common sense that it might be misconstrued. Not because he lied.

Then here you come on some :krs: "OMG BRO I KNEW SERCH WAS LYING ABOUT JAY-Z!"
You tried to crow bar a Jay defense into a thread that has nothing to do with him. It's like....relax man. :unimpressed:

Fred.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I never knew Eric and Ra were affiliated with Lyor before hearing this story, but in the rap beef/subliminal shots thread.....go ahead and read it. Def Jam (Lyor) encouraged beefs BETWEEN labelmates, so there are multiple post there about def jam artists going after each other on wax. I guess Lyor thought the competition made for better music.
opening of Gas Face was a clear shot at Professor Griff/Public Enemy

gas face opening shot

Night of Baseheads video

cued

Serch has always been funny style, and Lyor was, again, encouraging def jam artists to beef with each other publicly by allowing that shot in the 3rd Base video.
*yes, Flav was in the gasface video, but he and Griff have never seen eye to eye....
and I doubt he knew about the opening shot in the video

Last edited:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
It's not about that though, if you actually read the thread.

Serch told a story about Lyor Cohen asking him to write a song for Rakim.

Serch said they reached out to Eric B., who went off on them for even suggesting it.

Lord Sear was interviewing Rakim on some obvious troll shyt, and said :sas1: "so Serch said he wrote for you."

Rakim, understandably offended at the implication, said he'd knock Serch out.

Serch is a clown because the urge to let people know he "wrote" for Rakim overwhelmed his common sense that it might be misconstrued. Not because he lied.

Then here you come on some :krs: "OMG BRO I KNEW SERCH WAS LYING ABOUT JAY-Z!"
You tried to crow bar a Jay defense into a thread that has nothing to do with him. It's like....relax man. :unimpressed:

Fred.

Listen : u can take Serch/Nas side all u want about Jay’s takeover bar
i think Serch is dishonest & tells half truths - thats the only reason i brought it up as another example of Serch ducktales

but again... i don't wanna derail this
i cant understand why you & others are trying to blame this shyt on Lord Sear
he didn't say anything inaccurate about Serch

Vlad : u guys get signed to Def Jam as 3rd Bass & yall 1st single was ‘step into da AM’ ... and i guess that song was meant for Eric B & Rakim

Serch: it was meant for Rakim ... correct ... it was meant for Rakim ... yeah ...

later on

Serch : so with that single. we was writing the lyrics for Rakim, i got a call for Lyor who was managing us & he basically said - LOOK, Rakim is in a bit **short pause** writer block & i know your cool with Eric B, could you write some lyrics to get him jump started

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

Pete Nice pulls Serch card with receipts of the original lyrics from his rhyme book , proving the song had nothing to do with Rakim

again, when doing these interviews and telling these stories about the golden era
Serch can be full of shyt at times

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

Last edited:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
The idea in the 80s that Eric B. or Rakim would be open to a ghostwriter is passively questioning their integrity and/or inflating Lyor's importance to the creative process. You don't seek out ghostwriters without talking to the group first or you are out of pocket. Now anyone Lyor asks to ghostwrite or anyone he and his ghostwriter talk to about the situation thinks Rakim is open to using ghostwriters when he isn't.
The subtext here is not all stories need to be told. Even if Serch is being honest he should have just kept the incident to himself. He and Lyor fantasizing about being a part of an Eric B. and Rakim record is not all that interesting in the grand scheme of things.
Damn near everyone from that era had writers. Lyor probably didn’t think it was a big deal