Rakim says he’ll knock MC Serch the fukk out

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Pete Nice’s story is inconsistent. First he says the record wasn’t written for Rakim. Then he says they put his name in it and used Rakimesque phrases, but they didn’t think Rakim would use it.

Which is it?

the post says after they wrote it for themselves the rakim shyt came up, then they tweaked it

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
the post says after they wrote it for themselves the rakim shyt came up, then they tweaked it
Good point. I went back and watched the Serch/Vlad interview and he describes writing the record for Rakim after Lyor asked. Which is completely inconsistent with what Pete says. Plus I agree with you that Pete was saying they wrote the record and then tweaked it for Rakim.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas need to start slappin jews...

public enemy was some hoes for not backin griff...

hammer didnt give a fukk...n look how serch act when hammer names is brought up...18th letter shoulda caught em slippin...n beat his ass

Beat him for what?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I hope Pete Nice has another “ Rat b*stard “ Serch diss on deck :mjlol:

:dead:

If he could somehow shake off the :flabbynsick:, I'd check for it. Pete Nice was underrated. He was a great lyricist. Top 5 white MC. His solo album was dope, just no "Pop Goes The Weasel" hits on it. Mean beats, too. 3rd Bass was definitely a "whole greater than the sum of its parts" situation.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Rakim the goat laying down the law.

The person interviewing him has an annoying fukking voice. :wow:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
The Gawd has spoken.
dWvVip8.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The crazy part is, Serch didn't even say it like that, like "yeah, I ghostwrote this for Rakim and he released it...". He explained it in detail already what happened with that, whoever this is doing the interview with Rakim gave him sloppy intel because he wanted a viral moment or he is just terrible at his job and did no real research (probably the latter) and got a civilized man to almost get out of character with silly net threats. These interviewers/bloggers today are disgusting, Rakim and Serch should both publicly shyt on this interviewer.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
How is he scheming?
The idea in the 80s that Eric B. or Rakim would be open to a ghostwriter is passively questioning their integrity and/or inflating Lyor's importance to the creative process. You don't seek out ghostwriters without talking to the group first or you are out of pocket. Now anyone Lyor asks to ghostwrite or anyone he and his ghostwriter talk to about the situation thinks Rakim is open to using ghostwriters when he isn't.
The subtext here is not all stories need to be told. Even if Serch is being honest he should have just kept the incident to himself. He and Lyor fantasizing about being a part of an Eric B. and Rakim record is not all that interesting in the grand scheme of things.