Rakim says he’ll knock MC Serch the fukk out

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pete Nice’s story is inconsistent. First he says the record wasn’t written for Rakim. Then he says they put his name in it and used Rakimesque phrases, but they didn’t think Rakim would use it.

Which is it?

Pete Nice and Serch hate each other's guts to my understanding. They tried to reunite a few years back and I think it lasted for one song.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Pete Nice’s story is inconsistent. First he says the record wasn’t written for Rakim. Then he says they put his name in it and used Rakimesque phrases, but they didn’t think Rakim would use it.

Which is it?

Just because I wrote something for you (meaning, I thought you might use it) doesn't mean I wrote it for you (meaning, you asked me to do it).

If you read Pete Nice's IG post out of context it seems random but the way it was quoted to Rakim was "Serch wrote something for you"....meaning, Ra used it.

Fred.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
ya I find it a little weird that serch looked @ that as an “honor”...he should’ve realized how insulting that would be to an MC of rakim’s stature and the potential fallout it could cause especially during that time in hip hop when your pen was everything...to have someone ask you to write a song for him behind his back lol smh

Jews were the biggest money makers in the slave trade. Of course he thinks shyt like this is honorable lol

Sinister

Banned
Daps
ya I find it a little weird that serch looked @ that as an “honor”...he should’ve realized how insulting that would be to an MC of rakim’s stature and the potential fallout it could cause especially during that time in hip hop when your pen was everything...to have someone ask you to write a song for him behind his back lol smh
I also thought Method Man said Lyor wanted Joe Budden to write for Method Man.