R We Really the 13-15% Of The Population?

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Gentrification is about class, not race.

Hold on :whoa:
I support moving there, but not developing it and forcing folks who lived for years out of their homes(akin to Harlem and DC now).
If you talking about moving there and help developing communities, while still keeping folks who lived there in the community, then yeah I'm fukking w/ you on that one.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Contrary to popular belief, there are many black folks out in Cuba; DR, Brazil, and other LA countries I believe. @Malta can verify this.
As far as blacks moving to Africa, it makes a ton of sense given the following:

1. Getting back to your roots and living in a peaceful culture.

2. There's not much here for blacks in NA(particularly America). Sure you may go to school and get a decent job, but you're still treated as second class citizens. The legal system is unfair to us; the media here mocks us(peep how the News will always show blacks as criminals and the "sassy" black woman on tv) Not too mention, you have nonsense like the Trayvon Martin situation, which is something a good number of black males have to deal w/ when going into white neighborhoods(not trying to seem too "threatening")

3. The potential for Africa is ridiculous, whether you want to dabble in the Arts(movies; music, art) or business, it's there. Why stay here and work in a system that doesn't like you, when you can possibly work together w/ your fellow people and do great things(help start an investment firm; film company, etc)?

4. For a 1st world country, our quality of life is terrible. Take NY for example, sure it may be "The Greatest City Ever", but I frequently see depressed faces whenever I roam the streets. Healthcare is outrageous here and most of food is poisoned, and we're poised to work til we can't anymore. Compare that to getting a decent home in Lagos for 70k, and you don't have to say anymore

1. What roots? I'm as self loving as any brother, but; who's to say that the Africa--which is a huge continent--even, culturally, resembles what it was pre slavery? Not to mention, white people didn't exactly kidnap our ancestors. Peaceful? Really, B? I'm not no of these brothas who think's the entire continent is some barren, savage wasteland, but, we need to stop this illusion of it being some paradise.

2. What's here is what we have allowed ourselves to have. Granted, a lot of things have held us down, but, we earn a lot of blame. I would like to know what makes Africa nations so open to inviting us "back." Like the old joke goes; they didn't exactly come back to get us.

3. I actually feel you; but, we don't take advantage of the stuff that's here. This ain't the 60's anymore. A lot of our "limits" are self imposed (white ppl do that, I'm too black, I don't care, etc.).

4. Again, more self imposed limitations. There's no level of "black" where a bad diet (high sodium, high fat) isn't apart of it. At least none I've experienced. But, that's Americans, period. None of that is really limited to black people. One thing we get caught up in is; we think we have a monopoly on struggle. There are more poor white people, in this country, than black people--total (just about). Back to your point about the media portrayal of blacks; you'd never know that, because we refuse to take a hold of it. No, we're not gonna rush the studios of FOX, ABC, NBC, etc. and force them to do anything. They're are plenty of ways to make "our own way" and, at least, create a alternative. We don't show ppl who we are, we demand that others do it.

Black people have helped built this country. I'm goin' for mine, before I run away. I don't think Africa is the solution to all our problems. I'm sure you aren't advocating leaving the undesirables (ratchets, baby momas, thugs, etc.) and if you are...sounds like you just wanna do to us, what happens here, anyway. That's it; the blacks that have, don't give to the blacks that don't (and I'm not talkin' money).

We don't reach back and are ashamed of our less sophisticated bros and sis.

Sounds like you want Africans to give us a tit to suck on. And if you're advocating us making our own, over there, where's the example of us doin' it here?

Last edited by a moderator:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
1520955-weebay.gif

shyt, that's nothing compared to some shyt they're building now for the future:

Nigeria
render-of-the-future-eko-atlantic-city-project-of-lagos-nigeria.jpg

retrieveassetaspx.jpg

Ethiopia
AU-addis-ababa-Ethiopia.jpg

addis-ababa-national-stadium-and-sports-village1.jpg

Next year once I start traveling heavy, I'm goin all around Africa looking for a spot to call home. I'm eyeing either Nigeria, Kenya, and Ethiopia right now.

Stop letting these cacs scare you from your birth rite. Africa for the Africans

marcus-garvey.jpg

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
Hold on :whoa:
I support moving there, but not developing it and forcing folks who lived for years out of their homes(akin to Harlem and DC now).
If you talking about moving there and help developing communities, while still keeping folks who lived there in the community, then yeah I'm fukking w/ you on that one.

It's gonna happen eventually, anyway. As the neighborhoods become more developed and desirable, the owners can charge more for rent and the locals get priced out. The profit motive pretty much guarantees this.

I just wanna get over there while it's still cheap :russ:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
1. What roots? I'm as self loving as any brother, but; who's to say that the Africa--which is a huge continent--even, culturally, resembles what it was pre slavery? Not to mention, white people didn't exactly kidnap our ancestors. Peaceful? Really, B? I'm not no of these brothas who think's the entire continent is some barren, savage wasteland, but, we need to stop this illusion of it being some paradise.

2. What's here is what we have allowed ourselves to have. Granted, a lot of things have held us down, but, we earn a lot of blame. I would like to know what makes Africa nations so open to inviting us "back." Like the old joke goes; they didn't exactly come back to get us.

3. I actually feel you; but, we don't take advantage of the stuff that's here. This ain't the 60's anymore. A lot of our "limits" are self imposed (white ppl do that, I'm too black, I don't care, etc.).

4. Again, more self imposed limitations. There's no level of "black" where a bad diet (high sodium, high fat) isn't apart of it. At least none I've experienced. But, that's Americans, period. None of that is really limited to black people. One thing we get caught up in is; we think we have a monopoly on struggle. There are more poor white people, in this country, than black people--total (just about). Back to your point about the media portrayal of blacks; you'd never know that, because we refuse to take a hold of it. No, we're not gonna rush the studios of FOX, ABC, NBC, etc. and force them to do anything. They're are plenty of ways to make "our own way" and, at least, create a alternative. We don't show ppl who we are, we demand that others do it.

Black people have helped built this country. I'm goin' for mine, before I run away. I don't think Africa is the solution to all our problems. I'm sure you aren't advocating leaving the undesirables (ratchets, baby momas, thugs, etc.) and if you are...sounds like you just wanna do to us, what happens here, anyway. That's it; the blacks that have, don't give to the blacks that don't (and I'm not talkin' money).

We don't reach back and are ashamed of our less sophisticated bros and sis.

Sounds like you want Africans to give us a tit to suck on. And if you're advocating us making our own, over there, where's the example of us doin' it here?

1. Are you serious, black culture is not just limited to America, as it's all over the world(especially Africa). Sure there are some hot spots, but it's absolute gems like the cities some dude posted and many others. I'm not saying as soon as you touch down in Nairobi, everyone is gon be like :blessed: :ahh: "Welcome home brethren" :obama: However there are many opportunities for us to start our own ventures while working w/ our fellow people. We're too reliant on other races and we don't have our own shyt, why not do that in the birthplace of your existence?

2. Far cheaper land; many other things bubbling at the moment as well(cities being built, peep Eko, Nollywood, future construction of buildings and roads)

3. Sure you can be anything what you want here, however you'll never be accepted in this society. You can do what you want in Africa for more of a reward.

4. The poisoned food I'm referencing to is GMO's; growth hormones, steroids, and preservatives in our foods. Not too mention you have flouride in the water, and more of the police state coming to this country. I'm not saying you can't eat organic; get a flouride remover, and make a push for the PS to end. But why kill yourself trying to do those things, when some of those things don't exist in Africa. Not too mention the insane cost of healthcare; education prices, and the lack of jobs.

In conclusion, I suggest progressive blacks consider moving to Africa for the better quality of life; opportunity to build together w/ your people. It won't be easy, however if you have ambition and drive, you can make it there for less of a price here.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Next year once I start traveling heavy, I'm goin all around Africa looking for a spot to call home. I'm eyeing either Nigeria, Kenya, and Ethiopia right now.

Stop letting these cacs scare you from your birth rite. Africa for the Africans

marcus-garvey.jpg

Imagine if Marcus Garvey didn't get deported and got a couple of million of us to go to Africa :ohhh:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
nikkas in here really actin like they goin to africa :dead:

I won't be living in the US in 10 years :blessed: Some places in Africa are on the short list for me, as well as Colombia and Brazil.

You have to look at it like this, Africa is loaded with natural resources, at some point the ship will be righted. They can only improve, while the US is clearly on a downward spiral.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Imagine if Marcus Garvey didn't get deported and got a couple of million of us to go to Africa :ohhh:

On the real, that's part of my life's mission. Pick up where Garvey left off and create an easier path for those in the Americas and Europe to return to Africa and help build it up.

nikkas in here really actin like they goin to africa :dead:

I am :yeshrug:. Africa is a beautiful, diverse continent. Just have to figure out which country would be best for me. Next year, I'm planning to visit at least a few countries.

africa or brazil is calling... especially the places where there is no fukking snow

Look at these beaches breh :ohlawd:

clifton_beach_cape_town.jpg

dv629047.jpg

cape-point-by-somadjinn.jpg