R We Really the 13-15% Of The Population?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:yeshrug:
There's not too many black folks in America, it's a whole different story in Latin America and of course Africa. This is kind of unrelated, but I think we, blacks folks as a whole should heavily consider moving to Africa permanently.

The average black American unfortunately don't view Africa as some place worth moving to. It'd blow nikkas minds to know Africa has huge cities with towering sky scrapers.

Johannesburg
319952076_3b1cfc3d8a_b.jpg

Johannesburg_Skyline.jpg

Nairobi
nairobi-skyline.jpg

nairobi-skyline-blogged_mutua-matheka.jpg

Durban
Skyline-Durban-South-Africa-Night.jpg

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The average black American unfortunately don't view Africa as some place worth moving to. It'd blow nikkas minds to know Africa has huge cities with towering sky scrapers.

Exactly. Some parts of Africa look like downtown L.A. or NYC. People need to travel the world and understand there's more than their block, hometown or state. The world and it's many cultures are beautiful.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Exactly. Some parts of Africa look like downtown L.A. or NYC. People need to travel the world and understand there's more than their block, hometown or state. The world and it's many cultures are beautiful.

I was just reading World's Great Men of Color earlier today, and in the intro, John Henrik Clarke said something extremely prolific:

Until quite recently, it was rather generally assumed, even among well educated persons in the West, that the continent of Africa was a great expanse of land, mostly jungle, inhabited by savages and fierce beasts. It was not thought of as an area where great civilizations could have existed or where the great kings of these civilizations could have ruled in might and wisdom over vast empires.

It's 2013, and unfortunately more black people in America feel that way about Africa. I remember growing up if you wanted to make fun of someone, you'd call them an African booty scratcher. We've let demonic forces overtake our minds :to:

razassin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know what yall sayin about the midwest and northwest, but most densely us populated areas have a huge percentage of black population. NY, LA, ATL, DC, Chicago, Houston, South Florida... While the midwest and northwest where there are less of us are not as populated... The dakotas n all them other states added population dont even equal NY's numbers.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Please, elaborate...

Contrary to popular belief, there are many black folks out in Cuba; DR, Brazil, and other LA countries I believe. @Malta can verify this.
As far as blacks moving to Africa, it makes a ton of sense given the following:

1. Getting back to your roots and living in a peaceful culture.

2. There's not much here for blacks in NA(particularly America). Sure you may go to school and get a decent job, but you're still treated as second class citizens. The legal system is unfair to us; the media here mocks us(peep how the News will always show blacks as criminals and the "sassy" black woman on tv) Not too mention, you have nonsense like the Trayvon Martin situation, which is something a good number of black males have to deal w/ when going into white neighborhoods(not trying to seem too "threatening")

3. The potential for Africa is ridiculous, whether you want to dabble in the Arts(movies; music, art) or business, it's there. Why stay here and work in a system that doesn't like you, when you can possibly work together w/ your fellow people and do great things(help start an investment firm; film company, etc)?

4. For a 1st world country, our quality of life is terrible. Take NY for example, sure it may be "The Greatest City Ever", but I frequently see depressed faces whenever I roam the streets. Healthcare is outrageous here and most of food is poisoned, and we're poised to work til we can't anymore. Compare that to getting a decent home in Lagos for 70k, and you don't have to say anymore

Last edited by a moderator:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Contrary to popular belief, there are many black folks out in Cuba; DR, Brazil, and other LA countries I believe. @Malta can verify this.
:salute:

Brazil has the highest population of Black people outside of Africa, and the only country in Africa with more black people would be Nigeria. Black/Brown people are now the majority in Brazil, and that is only on the rise. If you broke it down, there's 100 million black / mixed people in Brazil, here in the US the number between Blacks and Latinos + Mixed people isn't even sniffing that number, it's around 75-80 million. 1 out of 2 people in Brazil would pass for Black by American standards.

And Cuba is majority Black/Brown as well, the white Cubans people see in Miami do not represent the actual makeup of the Island. The last I read, their population was 60-70% Black down there. Belize, Panama and DR all have really high black populations as well.

Last edited by a moderator: