R&B heads, rank these 4 girl groups of the 90s (Total, SWV, En Vogue, Xscape)

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
If I remember right, it was an experiment to basically put 4 proto-Beyoncé’s in a group with a big budget and see what happens. They’re the singing equivalent of thecoli’s “4 Brock lesnars vs …” argument.
They didn’t have any “Stans” people preferring En vogue is the equivalent of people think the best rapper is the one with multis and wordplay

Daps
You continue to chip away at establishing any semblance of musical integrity on this board :russ: nothing about Dont Let Go, a song produced by organized noize and on the damn Set it Off soundtrack of all places, sounds like a no doubt song. Gwen Stefani is not a vocalist like that, couldn’t even fathom her doing that shyt in karaoke
It doesn't sound like an R&B song ether also because of the production. Sure they can sing but I just can't put them over SWV. Song for song SWV is better.

Superstar
Daps
They didn’t have any “Stans” people preferring En vogue is the equivalent of people think the best rapper is the one with multis and wordplay

I preferred them because the voices were sexy as hell lol. SWV was probably my next best favorite, sound wise. Xscape and and Total were fire but I heard Envogue and SWV outside the most. Envogue I heard the most, inside, cause my mom and sister were big fans of them.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
and yet there's never discussion about them, we do swv, xscape, total conversations all the time, DC get brought up via beyonce dsicussions, and TLC is never discussed
They were product of great production and marketing, no real singing talent

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
I love Coko’s voice but if you think she sing better than the big girl from Xscape you out yo rabbit ass mind.

She can’t sing better than her or her sister fr.

:ahh:

And you had the nerve to add it’s not even close :mjlol:

I will never say anything more casually in my life...

NONE OF THEM are fukking with Coko, and again...It's not even close!

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
They were product of great production and marketing, no real singing talent
chili can sing, and no singing talent yet we're sitting here discussing total? :gucci: making dope music is about more than who has the best vocals. T-Boz, Pam (from Total) and Slim (from 112) couldn't sing in the classic sense but gave us plenty of classic tracks

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
LOL @ Xscape - 100% bird music
baby-push.gif

understanding, who can i run to, do you want to, softest place on earth, arms of the one who loves you, feels so good, am i dreamin, one of those love songs.....basically the vast majority of their singles (not even getting into album cuts which gets deep into ballads) are straight love songs/ballads.

only bird songs was can't hang and little secret