R&B heads, rank these 4 girl groups of the 90s (Total, SWV, En Vogue, Xscape)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I don't even know how anyone could spin the "No One Else" into this huge song when it wasn't. It might've gotten massive play in the Tunnel. Still, that song is really only known for being the only official song to feature Lil' Kim and Foxy on the same track and the same video.
yea, i was a huge Total fan, but the only song of theirs that seems to still have a legacy/rotation today is Can't You See. Tho Trippin and Sittin Home might be my fave songs from them

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
En Vogue is #1 for me out of this ranking with SWV in 2nd. EV had 4 woman that could blow equally AND showcased that. SWV gets 2nd because of their songs.

Xscape and Total, despite good music are like B/C tier girl groups with Xscape edging Total by having full albums I actually like.

FrankieLymon757

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Coko was a one man army....Swv is number 1 followed by Xscape at 2 cause they was sum round the way girls singing sum shyt fr...En Vogue couldn't keep up wit the times and Total sucks singing live....wanna have sum fun...go on Tubi and watch all of they performances on showtime at the Apollo....chuuuch

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
:dead:

Anything still gets played in the club/college reunions/damn near any multigenerational black function in the same way this is how we do it gets play, Right Here also gets burn and charted 20 spots higher that the OG No One Else
Just Kickin is going to be on 3 out of 5 days in the noon throwback hour, also charted 20 spots higher
and En Vogue has 8 songs that charted higher than No One Else, let alone the Remix

That song didn't get more radio play nor does it have the same legs/throwback spins :camby:

I mean, you must be on Bad Boy's payroll cuz you can still spit completely wrong facts in support of NY by stanning SWV

:francis:

in its heyday that song got more play on hot 97 which was the number one station on the planet over any other songs you posted / mention - which ultimately means it’s the most iconic song out of the other 3 groups for da culture

it is what it is

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

in its heyday that song got more play on hot 97 which was the number one station on the planet over any other songs you posted / mention - which ultimately means it’s the most iconic song out of the other 3 groups for da culture

it is what it is

I'm going to put it this way, the remix of KP & Envyi's "Swing My Way" got heavy play in ATL's Hot 97.5 during its run. Still, most people don't even know that a remix exists and only heard the original version. I would look crazy trying to argue that the remix of "Swing My Way" was bigger than Destiny's Child's "No No No" remix.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I'm going to put it this way, the remix of KP & Envyi's "Swing My Way" got heavy play in ATL's Hot 97.5 during its run. Still, most people don't even know that a remix exists and only heard the original version. I would look crazy trying to argue that the remix of "Swing My Way" was bigger than Destiny's Child's "No No No" remix.

that‘s really not a good analogy ... the fact being Total remix had da top 3 female rappers in da game on it , with a classic video

You trolling hard playboi

:hubie:

i’m deadass serious … the original got more radio play too

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

that‘s really not a good analogy ... the fact being Total remix had da top 3 female rappers in da game on it , with a classic video

LOL. The song having the top 3 female rappers in the game at that point is what stands out about the song. It's a remix that had limited exposure. If you didn't buy the CD or weren't from NYC, you weren't going to hear this song.

I didn't know the video existed until like 2003. I was even more shocked to see people not really discuss the song. People from that era still don't know Kim and Foxy appeared on the same song. To put it in perspective, people think "Ladies Night" is the only joint where Kim collaborated with other female MC's.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
LOL. The song having the top 3 female rappers in the game at that point is what stands out about the song. It's a remix that had limited exposure. If you didn't buy the CD or weren't from NYC, you weren't going to hear this song.

I didn't know the video existed until like 2003. I was even more shocked to see people not really discuss the song. People from that era still don't know Kim and Foxy appeared on the same song. To put it in perspective, people think "Ladies Night" is the only joint where Kim collaborated with other female MC's.

so you just basically admitting that you never watched Rap City or MTV Raps because the video was featured as the same time as the movie ‘set it off‘ which had the same premise of a bunch of females robbing a bank and we all know ‘set it off’ is a urban classic

:snoop:

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

Did that video get real play? I only saw it on our underground video shows. I actually have it on one of these VHSs.

It definitely didn't come on Yo MTV Raps