R&B heads, rank these 4 girl groups of the 90s (Total, SWV, En Vogue, Xscape)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
En Vogue most successful song, sounds like it was written for a band like No Doubt.
You continue to chip away at establishing any semblance of musical integrity on this board :russ: nothing about Dont Let Go, a song produced by organized noize and on the damn Set it Off soundtrack of all places, sounds like a no doubt song. Gwen Stefani is not a vocalist like that, couldn’t even fathom her doing that shyt in karaoke

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Coko vocally>>>>>>>>anybody else in those groups

And it's not really close

I love Coko’s voice but if you think she sing better than the big girl from Xscape you out yo rabbit ass mind.

She can’t sing better than her or her sister fr.

:ahh:

And you had the nerve to add it’s not even close :mjlol:

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
SWV hit right around the time when I first started getting interested in/recognizing girls slightly and seeing my bro and his homies get madd girls and shyt. Everybody was on SWV heavy so I’d put them first, they got at least 3 or 4 timeless classics…I revisited all that shyt like 4-5 years later when I started gunnin bytches down.

“Weak” is like the hood version of a Celine Dion joint to white people lol, shyt still ring off. “Downtown”. “Right here”. SWV all day. En Vogue probably #2…could be number 1 depending on what you into.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
I love Coko’s voice but if you think she sing better than the big girl from Xscape you out yo rabbit ass mind.

She can’t sing better than her or her sister fr.

:ahh:

And you had the nerve to add it’s not even close :mjlol:

Cokos pipes can hang with anyone in the industry

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
My exact order. Folk expect you say en vogue first but they were way too polished for my tastes.
I’m gonna keep it a buck and say that there’s maybe two or three En Vogue songs that I liked. Not denying their talent at all I just thought most of their music was wack. They’d be last on the list for me if Total could sing
:heh:

I will say that En Vogue held a nikka down in those early puberty years tho
:whew:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Do people not consider TLC r&b? It’s weird, they were fukking huge and I feel they’re constantly overlooked

Anyway, by singing

En Vogue
SWV
Xscape
Total

By personal preference, it’s a tie across all 4. Might do 1) SWV = Xscape 2) Total = En Vogue solely based on the size of discography/albums I fukk with. en Vogue only has two albums I rock with heavy and total only had two period
LMAO you know what, they are overlooked because I forgot about them, they also imo had the biggest songs of the listed 4

Superstar
Daps
My exact order. Folk expect you say en vogue first but they were way too polished for my tastes.

If I remember right, it was an experiment to basically put 4 proto-Beyoncé’s in a group with a big budget and see what happens. They’re the singing equivalent of thecoli’s “4 Brock lesnars vs …” argument.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Do people not consider TLC r&b? It’s weird, they were fukking huge and I feel they’re constantly overlooked

Anyway, by singing

En Vogue
SWV
Xscape
Total

By personal preference, it’s a tie across all 4. Might do 1) SWV = Xscape 2) Total = En Vogue solely based on the size of discography/albums I fukk with. en Vogue only has two albums I rock with heavy and total only had two period
It’s not fair to compare TLC to these groups. They overshadow every group except for DC