Queen shows her 2 month gym transformation

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Breh I'm confused reading some of the replies :dahell:
There’s a lot of moving parts but yes the underlying motivation is nggas convincing themselves they don’t need to workout :beli:

1- Diet doesn’t refer to caloric intake. It refers to the TYPES of foods you eat. And that is a long term full lifestyle change. To the point you don’t think about it. Ie no pork, chicken breast, no Pre packaged frozen meals, no fast foods, fruits, etc

Over YEARS of eating that way your body is gon reflect that diet. THAT is what that means, not ‘I ate 1500 calories today’

2- When people say ‘diet > excercise’, that may work for women who don’t need muscle, but for a man that’s horsehit . Really people just say that to stress how important diet is—-which it is——but it’s not literal. You gon need to pick up heavy shyt to gain muscle.

The way nggas talk when this topic comes up I guarantee I know what they look like. Skinny-fat nggas or thin lil boy types :dame: Which may be fine some dudes wanna be built like a featherweight champion

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Before nggas jump out the window, don’t get any ideas dating wise. Trust me, date thin. This is not the norm. Any time I see nggas say ‘she just need to get in the gym’ I cringe. That shyt is WORK. Especially over 30. And she is ALWAYS gon be a burger away. And when stress, work, PREGNANCY happens, she gon give it all back.
I get the what you’re trying say.

The reality is people can always “lose” weight.

The more important variable to consider, is someone’s mindset.

Meaning how much do they truly prioritize fitness, and not even in an obsessive way.

I mean working out should be like brushing your teeth.

It shouldn’t be too complicated or anything extreme. Just something sustainable.

That’s why I don’t usually vibe wit the people who lose xyz pounds, in a few weeks. Because this can be done in a lot of unorthodox ways. However can they can maintain that weight loss. Are they truly curbing their habits.

Because at the end of the day, fitness is about having a marathon mindset. Not short term gratification.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I get the what you’re trying say.

The reality is people can always “lose” weight.

The more important variable to consider, is someone’s mindset.

Meaning how much do they truly prioritize fitness, and not even in an obsessive way.

I mean working out should be like brushing your teeth.

It shouldn’t be too complicated or anything extreme. Just something sustainable.

That’s why I don’t usually vibe wit the people who lose xyz pounds, in a few weeks. Because this can be done in a lot of unorthodox ways. However can they can maintain that weight loss. Are they truly curbing their habits.

Because at the end of the day, fitness is about having a marathon mindset. Not short term gratification.
Exactly. I almost made a chick cry. She was like ‘omg I lost 3 pounds’. I couldn’t even control my indifference.

In my mind I’m like bih I lose that from sweating overnight :gucci: I lose that droppin a good duece

But it was a big deal to her bc our society had normalized such a low bar.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
Nah, I feel like exercise is more important that diet. Somebody with an average diet but works out 5 to 6 days a week will be healthier than a couch potato on 1500 calories.

Exercise you can get away with more bad habits because it heals your body.

No...it's not. You can exercise your ass off, but if your diet sucks, you're not going to see anything. Can't out exercise a bad diet.

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
She could of done the 1500 cal a day and not hit the gym

Same results :sas2:
you lose weight by burning more calories than you consume. There is no argument to this. You obviously are not a nutritionist, a physician, or a personal trainer . Because they all disagree with you. To say this so confidently . Some people have higher metabolism than others. That’s just genetics. Otherwise you get that from how you eat and working out. Of course what you put in your body is the most important key to living long…but You have to do both to lose weight and stay in shape. You don’t even have to go to a gym. But you have to burn those 1500 calories or whatever amount that you consume with some form of physical activity.. you eat 1000.. burn that.. eat 2000.. burn it. unless just have an extremely high metabolism. And all that means is your body is burning it at a faster rate, so it still applies. Get a calorie tracker. It’s scientific fact. Don’t burn the calories you consume and weigh yourself the next day. :comeon:

Last edited:

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
But we aren't talking about a terrible diet.

well the parameters of the diet haven't been established...you simply said exercise is more important than diet, and arguably it's not. Exercise is good for increasing VO2 max. Metabolic load, bone density, strength, etc.

You can take two identical people. Same height, weight. Same exercise program. Same amount of sleep. But one of them is on a strict diet, and the other has some leniency in their food choices, and you will see vastly different results.

But I will agree with you on this...Most people just need to get their asses moving.

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
you lose weight by burning more calories than you consume. There is no argument to this. You obviously are not a nutritionist, a physician, or a personal trainer . Because they all disagree with you. To say this so confidently . Some people have higher metabolism than others. That’s just genetics. Otherwise you get that from how you eat and working out. Of course what you put in your body is the most important key to living long…but You have to do both to lose weight and stay in shape. You don’t even have to go to a gym. But you have to burn those 1500 calories or whatever amount that you consume with some form of physical activity.. you eat 1000.. burn that.. eat 2000.. burn it. unless just have an extremely high metabolism. And all that means is your body is burning it at a faster rate, so it still applies. Get a calorie tracker. It’s scientific fact. Don’t burn the calories you consume and weigh yourself the next day. :comeon:
:umad:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Nah, I feel like exercise is more important that diet. Somebody with an average diet but works out 5 to 6 days a week will be healthier than a couch potato on 1500 calories.

Well there you go. This isn't about feeling. It's an objective fact that Weight loss is about caloric intake. That's what this thread is about. It's not about general health. You can be generally healthy at a higher body fat percentage too.

The calories the majority of people burn at the gym barely equals a bag of chips
Diet is king for weightloss

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
She could of done the 1500 cal a day and not hit the gym

Same results :sas2:

Weight loss:
Diet > Exercise

It definitely isn't.

Everyone in the fitness community knows the 5 best ways to lose weight, in order of effectiveness:

1. Diet
  2. Diet
  3. Diet
  4. Diet
  5. Exercise
Correct.

That’s why when someone goes on a strict (religious) fast with no exercise they lose mad weight. It’s about restricting calories.

There’s no denying the importance of exercise! But you can totally lose mad weight by just eating clean.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Correct.

That’s why when someone goes on a strict (religious) fast with no exercise they lose mad weight. It’s about restricting calories.

There’s no denying the importance of exercise! But you can totally lose mad weight by just eating clean.

But you still flabby after losing all the weight.

Tell somebody who lost 100lbs to run around the block. They probably couldn't do it.