PSA: Don't sell on eBay

morris

Superstar
Daps
Question:
1. I bought a coat but it ran too small (not seller fault)
2. Seller has no return
3. Upon messaging asking for a larger size, seller stated " you will have to ship it back"
4. Should I click Return Item via eBay or simply return it First Class via USPS?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Question:
2. Seller has no return
3. Upon messaging asking for a larger size, seller stated " you will have to ship it back"
4. Should I click Return Item via eBay or simply return it First Class via USPS?

Contact eBay by phone to help.

EBay is excellent and their customer service is a one.

You should not have a problem just call eBay.

Art Barr

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Stop.

I am a high ticket item seller on eBay and never had a problem ever.

Art Barr
Understand the difference between you getting lucky and their policies being structured so that if you're ever unfortunate enough to encounter someone that wants to fraud you it helps them do it.

I would never sell anything I value on eBay. It's a place for trash I'm looking to dump and don't really care if I lose it all on it.

The golden rule on eBay is the buyer is always right even at the expense of the seller. Sellers have limited options. Buyers don't so eBay will always side with the buyer in a dispute because the buyers pay the bills. As a seller they can tell you to kick ricks and where you gonna go? To Amazon? That place is worse than eBay.

Pifford

All Star
Daps
Sold one of my rare Saturn games I had back in the day on eBay. Buyer complained that it was taking too long to get there, even though I expedited that shyt, and I ended up down the game, not getting my $150, and never using eBay again. Y'all already know this, but fukk eBay

morris

Superstar
Daps
Contact eBay by phone to help.

EBay is excellent and their customer service is a one.

You should not have a problem just call eBay.

Art Barr
Thanks. To further have a trail, completed the return form as per seller. If any issues...I will call

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Those who are claiming they never had a problem on eBay have clearly not sold enough to run into problems with particular buyers. They will likely force extended returns on sellers during the holidays as well.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Thanks to this thread, I'm going to buy a bunch of shyt on ebay, refund it, and send something else back instead.

Thanks guys :obama:
Your money wont be returned for 90 days pending investigation which isnt guaranteed to be returned to you

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Buyers remorse. It happens. I haven't sold anything meaningful on eBay in years. I did sell a broken iPod Nano last year but I really didn't care if I ate the loss on it.

That's the thing. Whatever you sell on eBay you gotta be willing to take the L on if the buyer doesn't want it anymore. A buyer can say whatever they want and they're always right by eBay.

There is really no such thing as no returns on eBay anymore. The site's money back guarantee says if they don't get what they ordered exactly they get their money back. eBay will refund the buyer then come after you for the money.

The buyer can lie and say the item wasn't as described and it's your word against theirs. They have a site guarantee behind them and you have jack shyt.

Like I said I had a buyer break something I sold them then say it wasn't as described and eBay forced a return.
The buyer must've been full of shyt or something. The refund request that was submitted on the 16th of November had a due date for them to ship it by the 1st of December. It's the 9th and it still hasn't shipped yet. I called Ebay and they said the label wasn't used so they closed the case.

:yeshrug: Dude must've said fukk it or he doesn't care anymore. shyt wasn't broken. Weird ass people.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Question:
2. Seller has no return

QUESTION : Did you check the measurement tab in their photo links.

Amazon is whom you never order clothes from to be honest. Unless they have a robust size guide posted and list they have Asian little boy sizes.
Always check the sizes tab from the photos not the posted websites size listings. Also you should learn the scale for domestic sizes and remembr them. So you can refer to the photos that show the sizes.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I never have a problem selling or buying on eBay. If I have a return I contact the buyer and ebay. Like I have returned two shelf sitting copies of SF iv and SF arcade iv o windows pc just recently. I sold a harmony gold Rick hunter last week for a hundred dollar profit damn near. I have sold all my comics that had crazy value. No issues. I bought all my replacement icons off eBay for less than sixty bucks. I buy random smalls or sell smalls here and there. I buy raglans. I cop shoes from the uk ebay. Never any long term problems. I guess this thread is a paid for pr smear from some agency. As I have never had issue with eBay. EBay and paypal have the best customer service as well.

This thread idea of eBay being a poor marketplace is kinda bullshyt to be honest.

Art Barr

Last edited: