PSA: Don't sell on eBay

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Disputes, claims, chargebacks, and bank reversals | PayPal Business Center
The Resolution Center helps protect the buyer and the seller.
full or partial dispute claims Customer Support
providing evidence to resolve claims Customer Support
Name one thing that is wrong.Or am I, PayPal and eBay all wrong?:sas1:

@winb83 feedback is an external scoring system that helps buyers and sellers work together.
It really means nothing to your account. Basically there are internal and external standards. Negative feedback doesn't affect a seller it's the amount of claims and disputes that affect sellers. If you are selling 5 diamond rings for $2000 each and 4/5 buyers open disputes saying the rings are fake your accounts are going to be locked and questions are going to be asked- where did you get the rings, can you get proof of purchase / proof of ownership?.

The type of claims and disputes that can be filed are not as described, item not received. Anything not as described has a few options either a return and refund or mutual resolution with you sending a partial refund and them keeping the item. If the buyer agrees to ship back the item must he received within like 20 days or the case closes in the sellers favor and like I said both PayPal and eBay are good about you uploading the shyt in the resolution center so if they send you back fake Jordan's when they bought real or if you buy anything and they replace it you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

Someone pulled the okey doke back on me in 2012 I had sold a Blu-ray DVD player with WiFi that had apps on it like Netflix and youtube (this was pretty new). The monkey sent me back the wrong remote. Once I took a pic of the remote they sent and put it in the ball was back in my court, the dummy sent back the manual and on the manual it clearly had a different remote. The photo I took and included in the auction had the player next to the hdmi cord, next to the remote, next to the manual. Both eBay and I said what would be the point of me sending a completely different remote?

With your experiences have you ever talked to these fools? Or is everything automated? The first 5 times the shyt has happened to me I was all over the phone with these guys, now I just let the Res Center take care of it all.
My experience was 2015 almost end of the year and like I said eBay refunded the buyer before I got the item back. Even after the buyer pulled the crap they did ultimately they still got away with it as eBay let them keep that refund.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My experience was 2015 almost end of the year and like I said eBay refunded the buyer before I got the item back. Even after the buyer pulled the crap they did ultimately they still got away with it as eBay let them keep that refund.

I'm sorry breh. I'm going to post in 6 figures a tutorial. One of the things I do as a side hustle is buy things wholesale from liquidator websites and sell them on ebay and make profit.

So trust me I know the hustles especially when I have 200 fitbits to sell that are brand new and someone wants to send me back a scratched one.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Precisely why I don't mess with eBay as much to sell things anymore. Buyer bought something almost 3 weeks ago and now just figured out that he ordered "the wrong item"

eBay of course, to keep the scammer happy forced the return. @nikkahs B. Wildin clearly just doesn't know what he is talking about or has been incredibly lucky.

Lucky for me I know how to deal with this kind of BS. He has to pay return shipping and he is hit with a 20% restocking fee. If he leaves a negative I can fight it. Something tells me he is not going to like the $20+ restocking fee and of course the shipping charge to send it back and will cancel the return. That is my hope at this point.

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Ask yourself why eBay doesn't allow double blind feedback.

Meaning you can leave positive or negative feedback as a seller or buyer and you can't see the feedback the person left until after both have left it or after so many days it becomes visible but if you haven't left it you're locked out from doing so.

It's absurd that as a seller if you have negative experience with a buyer eBay effectively says we don't care, we don't wanna hear about it, and we don't want the users on our site to know.
My broken PS4s experience was really the last straw for me on eBay to take it as a serious place to sell items.

I was literally selling broken items, listed as for parts and not working. Clear pictures and all. Buyer claims it was "not as described" and had thousands of dollars in limbo for months. They originally sided with the buyer (as they do 99% of the time). It took threatening legal action for eBay to finally admit they screwed up and finally gave me my money back. That was an incredibly annoying experience. Complete disrespect for someone's time and the buyer in the end doesn't even have a negative feedback warning potential sellers of the person they are dealing with.

Absolute nonsense straight up and down.

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Precisely why I don't mess with eBay as much to sell things anymore. Buyer bought something almost 3 weeks ago and now just figured out that he ordered "the wrong item"

eBay of course, to keep the scammer happy forced the return. @nikkahs B. Wildin clearly just doesn't know what he is talking about or has been incredibly lucky.

Lucky for me I know how to deal with this kind of BS. He has to pay return shipping and he is hit with a 20% restocking fee. If he leaves a negative I can fight it. Something tells me he is not going to like the $20+ restocking fee and of course the shipping charge to send it back and will cancel the return. That is my hope at this point.

You say I clearly don't know what I'm talking about yet you can't provide any specific policy. I've worked with these fools going on a decade because I buy things wholesale from liquidators then sell for resale and profit as a side hustle.

@winb I was going to make a completely different thread but just haven't gotten around to it I'll provide tips as needed.

Basically I go to sites like Wholesale Electronics Liquidation | TechLiquidators, A Best Buy Brand and will buy lots or pallets of used/returned/overstocked items. So for instance I may buy 50 amazon fire tv sticks for $20 each. Thats $1000 depending on market right now I can reasonable sell them for up to $30, $35 if I want to maximize the dollar. Now minus the eBay fees and Paypal fees I'm earning about $500.

Thats just a very basic scenario we're not talking markups, excessive shipping etc. So whenever you click on a seller and you see 31/50 available you can understand what they're doing.

So I've been through the ringer. I know all of the buyer scams, please ship for my xxx's birthday/ my son accidently ordered it/ package badly damaged but give me a partially refund and I won't leave negative feedback, I never received it etc....

I know them all I've been burned. I was burned to the point I ended up losing money by hocking items locally at garage sales, Craigslist and pawn shops if they would take them. I've spent more time than I care to talk about talking to eBay and Paypal first fighting cases (because it felt like I was always losing) then having discussions, now I don't need to talk to them I understand the policies in place and I know how to protect myself as a seller . I would say it's not that hard but I understand that that is condescending because I have had practice, experience and basically training doing it all. But the reality is im doing very basic stuff all of which is readily available on the sites.

@____ a restocking fee is fine, it deters people from even requesting a refund. I've always had no returns as my setting and I've never needed it. Even though I've sold hundreds of items I'm selling because I need to get rid of them why would I want it back? Sure as a seller you can finesse the buyer and make the process as hard as possible (make them pay return shipping and a restocking fee) but I just nip it in the bud, no returns.

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
You say I clearly don't know what I'm talking about yet you can't provide any specific policy. I've worked with these fools going on a decade because I buy things wholesale from liquidators then sell for resale and profit as a side hustle.

@winb I was going to make a completely different thread but just haven't gotten around to it I'll provide tips as needed.

Basically I go to sites like Wholesale Electronics Liquidation | TechLiquidators, A Best Buy Brand and will buy lots or pallets of used/returned/overstocked items. So for instance I may buy 50 amazon fire tv sticks for $20 each. Thats $1000 depending on market right now I can reasonable sell them for up to $30, $35 if I want to maximize the dollar. Now minus the eBay fees and Paypal fees I'm earning about $500.

Thats just a very basic scenario we're not talking markups, excessive shipping etc. So whenever you click on a seller and you see 31/50 available you can understand what they're doing.

So I've been through the ringer. I know all of the buyer scams, please ship for my xxx's birthday/ my son accidently ordered it/ package badly damaged but give me a partially refund and I won't leave negative feedback, I never received it etc....

I know them all I've been burned. I was burned to the point I ended up losing money by hocking items locally at garage sales, Craigslist and pawn shops if they would take them. I've spent more time than I care to talk about talking to eBay and Paypal first fighting cases (because it felt like I was always losing) then having discussions, now I don't need to talk to them I understand the policies in place and I know how to protect myself as a seller . I would say it's not that hard but I understand that that is condescending because I have had practice, experience and basically training doing it all. But the reality is im doing very basic stuff all of which is readily available on the sites.

@____ a restocking fee is fine, it deters people from even requesting a refund. I've always had no returns as my setting and I've never needed it. Even though I've sold hundreds of items I'm selling because I need to get rid of them why would I want it back? Sure as a seller you can finesse the buyer and make the process as hard as possible (make them pay return shipping and a restocking fee) but I just nip it in the bud, no returns.
no returns automatically defaults to the seller paying for return shipping almost all the time. Again, you are showing that you really don't know how ebay works. eBay in some cases has allowed returns well over the 30 day period depending on the item, regardless of what your "policy" is. This is with their money back guarantee...this isn't even taking into the account PayPal which overwhelmingly favors with buyers as well.

If you are referring to my Broken PS4 lot. The buyer claimed that it was "not as described". What went down was that he was bytching that he could not revive 2 of the systems and wanted his money back...all of it. He was even trying to finesse a way to keep the whole lot without returning shyt or return on his terms (I am thinking a full set swap after reviving what he could to sell)

What did him in was talking to me via ebay messages and they took a look at what he was up to. Something sold as is and for parts is just that, you take the risk. The buyer did not want to take ANY risk, game the system and temporarily thought he had the W because of eBay's retarded ass logic. If eBay did not want to admit they were wrong I could have had a legal case against him as well.

Consider yourself extremely lucky. In this current case he has not even sent the item back. I think he figures eating $30 + shipping is too much of a loss for trying to game the system (essentially a 30% loss on his end). I win either way because he actually got the item at a good price. The restocking fee + a resale and I am even better off.

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
no returns automatically defaults to the seller paying for return shipping almost all the time. Again, you are showing that you really don't know how ebay works. eBay in some cases has allowed returns well over the 30 day period depending on the item, regardless of what your "policy" is. This is with their money back guarantee...this isn't even taking into the account PayPal which overwhelmingly favors with buyers as well.

If you are referring to my Broken PS4 lot. The buyer claimed that it was "not as described". What went down was that he was bytching that he could not revive 2 of the systems and wanted his money back...all of it. He was even trying to finesse a way to keep the whole lot without returning shyt or return on his terms (I am thinking a full set swap after reviving what he could to sell)

What did him in was talking to me via ebay messages and they took a look at what he was up to. Something sold as is and for parts is just that, you take the risk. The buyer did not want to take ANY risk, game the system and temporarily thought he had the W because of eBay's retarded ass logic. If eBay did not want to admit they were wrong I could have had a legal case against him as well.

Consider yourself extremely lucky. In this current case he has not even sent the item back. I think he figures eating $30 + shipping is too much of a loss for trying to game the system (essentially a 30% loss on his end). I win either way because he actually got the item at a good price. The restocking fee + a resale and I am even better off.

Return shipping only applies if an item is shipped back. If I don't accept returns there's no items being returned. I don't know about your pocket but I'm not out here getting fukked.

You might as well not reply or direct comments to me because we aren't going to see eye to eye and obviously our experiences are different. I'm not out here gettin fukked. :manny: if you are then don't sell on ebay. They aren't losing money, shyt I don't give a fukk . I work with them not for them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Return shipping only applies if an item is shipped back. If I don't accept returns there's no items being returned. I don't know about your pocket but I'm not out here getting fukked.

You might as well not reply or direct comments to me because we aren't going to see eye to eye and obviously our experiences are different. I'm not out here gettin fukked. :manny: if you are then don't sell on ebay. They aren't losing money, shyt I don't give a fukk . I work with them not for them.
You accept returns. Part of you selling on eBay is you agreeing to their money back guarantee program. If you say you don't accept returns a buyer can simply finesse that guarantee into forcing a return and you will pay shipping.

The smartest thing you can do is accept returns and require they pay return shipping but even then that guarantee can be used to force you into paying shipping if they use that avenue.

Selling on eBay is kind of like going out and fukking random chicks raw. You might catch a disease or have a child and you might not have either of those happen but just know doing that always carries that inherent risk and previous results don't ensure future results. Plenty of people go through life thinking it won't happen to me until whatever it is actually happens.

My point of this thread is to inform people that these programs that are clearly anti-seller are in place. I found out about them when a buyer scammed me. Many people go years not selling on eBay and when they have something to sell they list it with no idea this stuff can and does happen. eBay isn't going to come out and say we don't care about the sellers but if you look at the policies they've constructed they clearly don't. Why else can't sellers leave even negative feedback for example?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You accept returns. Part of you selling on eBay is you agreeing to their money back guarantee program. If you say you don't accept returns a buyer can simply finesse that guarantee into forcing a return and you will pay shipping.

The smartest thing you can do is accept returns and require they pay return shipping but even then that guarantee can be used to force you into paying shipping if they use that avenue.

Selling on eBay is kind of like going out and fukking random chicks raw. You might catch a disease or have a child and you might not have either of those happen but just know doing that always carries that inherent risk and previous results don't ensure future results. Plenty of people go through life thinking it won't happen to me until whatever it is actually happens.

My point of this thread is to inform people that these programs that are clearly anti-seller are in place. I found out about them when a buyer scammed me. Many people go years not selling on eBay and when they have something to sell they list it with no idea this stuff can and does happen. eBay isn't going to come out and say we don't care about the sellers but if you look at the policies they've constructed they clearly don't. Why else can't sellers leave even negative feedback for example?

I don't understand why you don't have the option for no returns. I have that option. I can add no returns, I can choose specific time frames that a customer has to return by, I can choose who pays the return shipping, add add a variable restocking percentage fee and add custom additional notes.

:manny: maybe I'm grandfathered in or something. No returns for my account means no returns period. Not complain to ebay and they somehow force a return. EBay can't force a return because the person shipping back needs a label, eBay doesn't come out of pocket for shipping labels surely a buyer could ship back on their own but even then ebay doesn't say "Well they shipped back so we're going to take the money they paid you."

In my opinion ebay favors the sellers because the sellers are 50% of their operation. You can't buy shyt directly from ebay so if their sellers were getting burned for the past 17 years at some point enough would be enough, but they consistently grow. I enjoy ebay as a buyer and seller. I'm market savvy though. Amazon is cool too I may buy soap off amazon but not ebay but for eBay I'll buy used electronics but not amazon. :yeshrug: it is what it is.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I don't understand why you don't have the option for no returns. I have that option. I can add no returns, I can choose specific time frames that a customer has to return by, I can choose who pays the return shipping, add add a variable restocking percentage fee and add custom additional notes.

:manny: maybe I'm grandfathered in or something. No returns for my account means no returns period. Not complain to ebay and they somehow force a return. EBay can't force a return because the person shipping back needs a label, eBay doesn't come out of pocket for shipping labels surely a buyer could ship back on their own but even then ebay doesn't say "Well they shipped back so we're going to take the money they paid you."

In my opinion ebay favors the sellers because the sellers are 50% of their operation. You can't buy shyt directly from ebay so if their sellers were getting burned for the past 17 years at some point enough would be enough, but they consistently grow. I enjoy ebay as a buyer and seller. I'm market savvy though. Amazon is cool too I may buy soap off amazon but not ebay but for eBay I'll buy used electronics but not amazon. :yeshrug: it is what it is.
You are not grandfathered into shyt, you just don't seem to have a lot of experience on eBay. I have been selling on eBay since I was a teen. You have to accept returns on eBay whether you like it or not, there is no way around it. The only way to not get hit with fees is to accept returns, force buyer to pay for shipping and hit them with the highest restocking fee possible.

This jackass basically rented the drive from me and I will actually make more money doing so. Hell I might just keep the drive myself once he sends it back...its still under warranty in my name ;-)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Everyone has the option for no returns. The eBay money back guarantee overrides your return policy. This means if a buyer purchases something off you and gets buyers remorse or changes their mind they can lie to eBay and say the item wasn't as described and eBay will pay the buyer out of their own pocket and then come after you to reimburse them and eBay will also let the buyer print up a return label and charger you return shipping.

This effective means even if you say you don't accept returns eBay has policies in place to force you to.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The guy who "ordered it by mistake" shipped it back like this. Here is a still of the video I took while opening it. He must have felt like he was dealing with a rookie because I am using a new account instead of a business account I was sharing with a friend of mine for the past few years.

jWeYLNg.jpg

eBay sided with me after the video was shared with their reps. Got all my money back and kept the drive (which is now dead). Trying to see what I can do with seagate, but I doubt they will refurbish or swap because clearly the hard drive has seen some physical damage in transit.

All in all a complete waste of time. He got his money back as well, eBay basically ate it, but I believe the guy is now banned on eBay from buying anything else as I can't even pull up his profile anymore.

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Everyone has the option for no returns. The eBay money back guarantee overrides your return policy. This means if a buyer purchases something off you and gets buyers remorse or changes their mind they can lie to eBay and say the item wasn't as described and eBay will pay the buyer out of their own pocket and then come after you to reimburse them and eBay will also let the buyer print up a return label and charger you return shipping.

This effective means even if you say you don't accept returns eBay has policies in place to force you to.
Basically, that's why I just accepted the return in this recent event outside of the standard window that I set. He could have just escalated and they would have easily sided with him even though it was clearly a scam on his end.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The guy who "ordered it by mistake" shipped it back like this. Here is a still of the video I took while opening it. He must have felt like he was dealing with a rookie because I am using a new account instead of a business account I was sharing with a friend of mine for the past few years.

jWeYLNg.jpg

eBay sided with me after the video was shared with their reps. Got all my money back and kept the drive (which is now dead). Trying to see what I can do with seagate, but I doubt they will refurbish or swap because clearly the hard drive has seen some physical damage in transit.

All in all a complete waste of time. He got his money back as well, eBay basically ate it, but I believe the guy is now banned on eBay from buying anything else as I can't even pull up his profile anymore.
His drive probably died and he pulled a cop and swap. If he ordered it by mistake chances are high he wouldn't have opened the package or would have just repacked it how it was shipped.

It was probably a throwaway account. If he swapped drives then he got a free drive out of all this.