PSA: Don't sell on eBay

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I never have a problem selling or buying on eBay. If I have a return I contact the buyer and ebay. Like I have returned two shelf sitting copies of SF iv and SF arcade iv o windows pc just recently. I sold a harmony gold Rick hunter last week for a hundred dollar profit damn near. I have sold all my comics that had crazy value. No issues. I bought all my replacement icons off eBay for less than sixty bucks. I buy random smalls or sell smalls here and there. I buy raglans. I cop shoes from the uk ebay. Never any long term problems. I guess this thread is a paid for pr smear from some agency. As I have never had issue with eBay. EBay and paypal have the best customer service as well.

This thread idea of evay being a poor marketplace is kinda bullshyt to be honest.

Art Barr
eBay is great for buyers. There's always that person that says well it never happened to me so it's not real. It doesn't matter how many times you've sold on eBay if somebody wants to scam you eBay's money back guarantee will assist them in doing so. It never happened to me either until it happened. To be honest that's how I leaned about all this. From there I went online and read the horror stories of how others were got screwed over by fraudulent buyers and how eBay pretty much always sides with the buyer.

It's like me saying don't go out having unprotected sex with randoms. There's some guy that's done that his whole life and is in his 50s and never caught nothing and never had a kid. That doesn't make it safe to do just cause he got away with it.

I would never sell anything of value I'd not be willing to just eat the loss on eBay.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I never have a problem selling or buying on eBay. If I have a return I contact the buyer and ebay. Like I have returned two shelf sitting copies of SF iv and SF arcade iv o windows pc just recently. I sold a harmony gold Rick hunter last week for a hundred dollar profit damn near. I have sold all my comics that had crazy value. No issues. I bought all my replacement icons off eBay for less than sixty bucks. I buy random smalls or sell smalls here and there. I buy raglans. I cop shoes from the uk ebay. Never any long term problems. I guess this thread is a paid for pr smear from some agency. As I have never had issue with eBay. EBay and paypal have the best customer service as well.

This thread idea of eBay being a poor marketplace is kinda bullshyt to be honest.

Art Barr
You flat out don't know what you are talking about.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Those who are claiming they never had a problem on eBay have clearly not sold enough to run into problems with particular buyers. They will likely force extended returns on sellers during the holidays as well.
I can put a clock by eBay.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Sold one of my rare Saturn games I had back in the day on eBay. Buyer complained that it was taking too long to get there, even though I expedited that shyt, and I ended up down the game, not getting my $150, and never using eBay again. Y'all already know this, but fukk eBay
:comeon: Did you make sure to include a tracking number? You not including a tracking number is the only way it would make sense for you to be ripped off in that situation.

I've had a buyer in the past who tried to run game with a dispute and was gonna end up with a refund & keeping the item. But I was able to successfully get eBay to reverse the refund because I had a tracking # to show that the buyer received item & had no plans to return it to me.

Last edited:

Pifford

All Star
Daps
:comeon: Did make sure to include a tracking number? You not including a tracking number is the way it would make sense for you to be ripped off in that situation.

I've had a buyer in the past who tried to run game with a dispute and was gonna end up with a refund & keeping the item. But I was able to successfully get eBay to reverse the refund because I had a tracking # to show that the buyer received item & had no plans to return it to me.
I was a dumbass kid with too much faith in humanity at the time lol. I admit part of it was my stupidity/naivety, but I still never used ebay again after that :yeshrug:. shyt was literally my first online transaction buying or selling anything. I learned my lesson after that as far as always getting a tracking number, but the few other things I sold were through Amazon

Last edited:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I’ve had about 40 listings, all auctions, and have only had 2 issues. Both times were with international orders that didn’t want to pay the crazy shipping they knew they had to pay

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
The return process is automated but most people don't know that you can change that in your settings.

Account Settings --- > Site Preferences --- > Return Preferences

Settings should be:

Send a refund - Off
Approve a return - Off
RMA number - On

That buys you a bit more time to work with the buyer instead of Ebay automatically deducting your account, leaving you to put 2 and 2 together.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I was forced to go back to eBay when Facebook raised their rates to 10% on items sold. Already I got some fukkery. Damn buyer who has the tracking number and knows the package is running behind because USPS says so filed an Item Not As Described claim without even contacting me. Obviously trying to get me to refund and when the late package arrives keep it.

Buyer paid on the 9th and I had it in the mail in less than 12 hours on the 10th. Such BS.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was forced to go back to eBay when Facebook raised their rates to 10% on items sold. Already I got some fukkery. Damn buyer who has the tracking number and knows the package is running behind because USPS says so filed an Item Not As Described claim without even contacting me. Obviously trying to get me to refund and when the late package arrives keep it.

Buyer paid on the 9th and I had it in the mail in less than 12 hours on the 10th. Such BS.
I sell mostly local on FB. I have sold a ton of stuff locally. I try to sell there first before dealing with Ebay. Mercari is another one.
I hate dealing with dumbass Ebay buyers though. I had a ton of Coffee Makers(Braun) that I was flipping on Ebay/FB etc. I sold one to this guy, I think it came to like $24 after fees that I would get. He receives it a few days later and is hysterical in the messages in caps like "IT DOESN'T WORK, I NEED MY MONEY BACK! SOME ERROR MESSAGE"
I almost went off on him but then told him fukk it, I'll refund you and send you another one just to not deal with getting a bad rating. The ones I was selling were open box so some of them weren't literally brand new but I always check it and plug it up to see if it works and that it's clean.

I send him another one, paying damn near $28 shipping just to send him another one and he says that one was damaged and I think doesn't work either.
I just took the L on that one. I've had some pretty bad losses on Ebay last year overall. I lost a few hundred from a robot lawn mower that UPS lost and I didn't pay for insurance.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It's paypal you have the problem with, not ebay. My business stopped accepting paypal as a payment method, because they will reverse a payment even if the customer is clearly lying