PSA: Don't sell on eBay

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To be honest I haven't been screwed over as a seller yet. Last thing I sold was my girl's parka and the sale went smoothly.

I get it though, Ebay is trash.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Scam Bay at it yet again :mjlol:

I rarely sell on there anymore, but when I do? Like clockwork, all of a sudden the hard drive magically does "not work" :mjlol:

Glad I don't mess with that anymore, should have just quickly dumped on craigslist.

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
Where's the best place to sell items?

Ebay or Craigslist

I'm a long time ebay user but never sold anything on there because of fee's and shyt

But looking at y'all responses i'm like :patrice:

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I made alot of money on Ebay.I don't make shyt on Craigslist.Shipping shyt out gets annoying though.

And i have never been screwed over either.But i have a real high score.

So Ebay see's what my record is and can usually tell if buyer is just an idiot or a lunatic.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Where's the best place to sell items?

Ebay or Craigslist

I'm a long time ebay user but never sold anything on there because of fee's and shyt

But looking at y'all responses i'm like :patrice:
After I got burned the last time on eBay I only sell old phones on Swappa. I keep all my other old stuff. I basically quit selling stuff and just toss it in the closet.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I sold my old AV receiver OCT.20th and the buyer received it on the 25th. This motherfukker decides to start a return talking about it arrived damaged, WEEKS later(yesterday). Like wtf? How you just now saying that? I ask what's wrong he sayas the front part is broken. The only thing to my knowledge about the receiver is the volume knob can come off sometimes but it can just go right on and it works. Now I gotta refund this fukk boy :snoop:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I sold my old AV receiver OCT.20th and the buyer received it on the 25th. This motherfukker decides to start a return talking about it arrived damaged, WEEKS later(yesterday). Like wtf? How you just now saying that? I ask what's wrong he sayas the front part is broken. The only thing to my knowledge about the receiver is the volume knob can come off sometimes but it can just go right on and it works. Now I gotta refund this fukk boy :snoop:
Did you tell him the knob comes off? Imagine buying something from Walmart and the front knob falls off. You got 90 days to return. You returning it or nah?

Now ignore he broke something additional, you can show the pics from your listing and Filene’s a claim back. I put no returns on my shyt, so he has no option. Unless of course there’s something wrong I didn’t divulge in the listing

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Did you tell him the knob comes off? Imagine buying something from Walmart and the front knob falls off. You got 90 days to return. You returning it or nah?

Now ignore he broke something additional, you can show the pics from your listing and Filene’s a claim back. I put no returns on my shyt, so he has no option. Unless of course there’s something wrong I didn’t divulge in the listing
Money back guarantee overrides “no return”

You can’t even charge a restocking fee on eBay anymore. I really hope there aren’t any real serious sellers on there. Their policies are absurd

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Buyers remorse. It happens. I haven't sold anything meaningful on eBay in years. I did sell a broken iPod Nano last year but I really didn't care if I ate the loss on it.

That's the thing. Whatever you sell on eBay you gotta be willing to take the L on if the buyer doesn't want it anymore. A buyer can say whatever they want and they're always right by eBay.

There is really no such thing as no returns on eBay anymore. The site's money back guarantee says if they don't get what they ordered exactly they get their money back. eBay will refund the buyer then come after you for the money.

The buyer can lie and say the item wasn't as described and it's your word against theirs. They have a site guarantee behind them and you have jack shyt.

Like I said I had a buyer break something I sold them then say it wasn't as described and eBay forced a return.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I didn't mention that in the listing. Like @Liquid said even if you put no returns accepted they can still go through with Paypal and get money back guarantee. That's why it's better to just sell shyt on Craigslist in person or maybe another site.

Buyers remorse. It happens. I haven't sold anything meaningful on eBay in years. I did sell a broken iPod Nano last year but I really didn't care if I ate the loss on it.

That's the thing. Whatever you sell on eBay you gotta be willing to take the L on if the buyer doesn't want it anymore. A buyer can say whatever they want and they're always right by eBay.
I'm guessing it is buyer's remorse. I still have a few things I want to sell but I don't think I want to sell them on there anymore(Some 120MM RGB fans, 4 sticks of RAM and a Mobo.)