PSA: Don't sell on eBay

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Agreed, but eBay is the avenue that these scammers use and it happens too often.

I respect your opinion especially if you've been burned by them. It's not a different service than amazon, Craigslist or Facebook, or etsy. If someone's intention is to try to rip you off they will be there. You have to know how to protect yourself virtually (eBay). And in person (Craigslist, Facebook sales).

People get raped, shot, murdered meeting people on Craigslist, I respect their experience and understand if they never use the service again but understand these situations are not common and if you consistently find yourself involved in these situations at some point it's not any of the companies fault. Like I said before if you actually get scammed once maybe even twice Paypal and or eBay will compensate you as well as tell you what you can do to protect yourself. If you are constantly having issues buying or selling, then you're not doing it right.

People still fall for email scams. (Alert: Your account has been compromised, click here to change your password!) (This is Bank of America please provide your full credit card number to unlock your account)---- I guess if you don't understand how things work you might blame Gmail or outlook/hotmail/yahoo if you get scammed but it's not their fault.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I respect your opinion especially if you've been burned by them. It's not a different service than amazon, Craigslist or Facebook, or etsy. If someone's intention is to try to rip you off they will be there. You have to know how to protect yourself virtually (eBay). And in person (Craigslist, Facebook sales).

People get raped, shot, murdered meeting people on Craigslist, I respect their experience and understand if they never use the service again but understand these situations are not common and if you consistently find yourself involved in these situations at some point it's not any of the companies fault. Like I said before if you actually get scammed once maybe even twice Paypal and or eBay will compensate you as well as tell you what you can do to protect yourself. If you are constantly having issues buying or selling, then you're not doing it right.

People still fall for email scams. (Alert: Your account has been compromised, click here to change your password!) (This is Bank of America please provide your full credit card number to unlock your account)---- I guess if you don't understand how things work you might blame Gmail or outlook/hotmail/yahoo if you get scammed but it's not their fault.
What is being said here is eBay is an environment that has a set of rules that are unfair to sellers. eBay's policies mean that if any buyer wants to scam you they can and eBay will assist them in doing so with their policies.

The fact of you getting scammed on eBay or not depends on the random buyer you get more than anything. eBay's policies mean buyers can lie and make shyt up and eBay will stand buy and let them do it. I don't know about you but how do you protect yourself dealing online with a person you've never met who's intentions you don't know? Feedback score and all that means nothing. The guy who bought my soundbar and tried to rip me off had more feedback than I did.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Then your boy is lying to you. The only thing you have to do is provide a receipt or proof that the jordans are real. Either you don't have the story straight or your boy is straight lying.

If you are selling jordans as new or new without tags, the only thing you have to do if someone opens a claims is provide the receipt showing that they are new. This can be the receipt from footlocker, or the emailed receipt from where ever he got them from.

Without it, they know your ass bought them from china and are lying. Most of the times its the sellers, that are scamming people. Mainly because they dont know. Motherfukkers will sell you a brand new DVD but its clearly been opened, their excuse "Well I watched it once then put in the box and never watched it again so its not used, but it isn't brand new".

You've got it twisted breh. I don't think you're listing your items correctly. If you are listing as no returns and someone files a claim against, you depending on what it is, either eBay will pay out the buyer if they bytch enough (but its a strike against their account, meaning they can't just continue to order then bytch and get compensated)- they won't take your money.

If the buyer ever ever ever claims they didnt receive your item, the only thing and the only thing you have to do is provide the tracking which shows the address that is listed on their PayPal---so if a f@g wants to say "Hey its for my brothers birthday ship it to his house" tell him fukk you then cancel the transaction cause 99% of the time its a scam.

Other than that, if its a high dollar item or high end item (iphone, laptop, rolex, jordan) the only thing you have to do is provide proof that its real which 9/10 all they do is look at the pictures of the item you posted. Now if you just post one picture of a phone and type "For sale" of course you will lose. Cats with 9/10 photos that clearly aren't stock photos aint losing shyt breh.

tracking and receipts/proof of authenticity (which all jordans come with :stopitslime:) or proof of ownership (which can be your verizon bill showing you had the iphone under your name last month.

Your boy is lying...the only thing you have to do is ship to the address listed in eBay for the PayPal account. As long as the tracking number shows that it went to his house--under no circumstances can you lose the case.

That means if the neighbor steals it off the porch, or it never got there or anything YOU CAN'T LOSE!!!! as a seller.

Twice Ive had my shyt ripped- Once fool tried to say I sent him a box of cords. I told him to ship it back ASAP- Ebay agreed to the mutual return- The package he shipped back weight like. 0.48lb and I shipped him a 9lb box!!!! :snoop: Suddenly the story changed from me being a fraudulent seller (despite my positive feedback) to USPS/FEDEX whoever the shipping company was being a fraudulent shipping company and hiring felons to me, ebay and shipping company being in 'cahoots' because he didn't receive what he ordered. then the box that he shipped back was swapped....

:sas2:

The only thing you have to do is sell correctly. Take photos or even do a video tutorial of what you're selling in addition to the photos (i did this when I sold my mpc 2000lx then the monkey tried to tell me the slider didn't work when in the video I plugged it in loaded samples played all the keys and the slider worked). List your item accurately.

Its pretty much impossible to get dikked around once you've sold, unless you lie about your listing (misrepresent items, use stock photos, etc), don't ship fast enough (within 7 days), ship to the wrong address (automatic loss). When you sell, as long as you've clearly and appropriately listed your item (which isn't hard to do but new people still manage to fukk it up) the only thing you have to do is get it to USPS/FEDEX/UPS and get tracking!!! and for anything over $750 get signature confirmation but you can request signature at anytime.

ONCE THE ITEM IS OUT OF YOUR HANDS YOUR 95% COVERED FOR ALL PROTECTIONS!!!! The ebay money back guarantee means that the seller has to ship back---has to. If he doesn't he will lose the claim that he filed. If he ships back a box of rocks, or different shoes, the only thing you have to do is take a picture and upload it to the ebay resolution center.

That has nothing to do with ebay, that has to do with a fraudulent buyer.

Shipping scams and fake "You've got paid! Ship your item immediately and you'll receive your funds in 48 hours!" scams are the easiest to avoid. If you do your part as a seller you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

The only thing that could happen now is if a person opened a claim your ebay account can go negative and if it were still linked to your PayPal they would take the money from PayPal and your PayPal account would be negative.

-----------------------------------------
Its nearly impossible to get dikked around/lose money on PayPal/eBay these days....and even in the past really. Even as a buyer if you have a bad buy most of the time, ebay or PayPal will pay out the buyer and the seller therefore no one loses. Being a competent buyer is as important as being a competent seller.

Ive bought from fraudulent sellers (and had my shyt refunded) and Ive had experiences with fraudulent buyers. Ive always been taken care of by both companies if not just one of them.

There are too many instructions on PayPal and eBay to not get fukked. Im sorry if youve gotten fukked but you didn't do something right because even if you accidentally get taken advantage of both companies are good at making sure it doesnt happen twice.
My buyer filed a item not as described claim on me for a soundbar. The buyer said the remote didn't work and all else was fine. What happened in reality is my buyer got the item I sent them that was working and replaced it with an identical item that didn't work. I didn't find this out until after I settled everything with eBay and they gave me my money back.

Furthermore eBay told me to wait until I received the item back before I refund the buyer but I was never given this option because eBay refunded the buyer on my behalf a day or two after they filed the claim well before the item could have even arrived from California to Michigan. eBay then went to PayPal and froze my account and pulled the money from it to reimburse themselves.

I called eBay up because I sent the buyer the soundbar in one box and the subwoofer in a second box and eBay gave them a single label to return the item to me. The buyer printed the same shipping label out twice and put it on both boxes and mailed it back. I got half the item back and the other half was missing for days.

eBay admitted they fukked up the return shipping and they said since they screwed up they would release my funds so I got paid for the item. 2 days later the sub came in the mail and it didn't work at all something the buyer never pointed out because they swapped my item with their own broken one. Same model but not the sub I sent. This one wouldn't even power on. The remote also came in that box and again same model but not the remote I sent either. It too didn't work.

Had eBay not jumped the gun and rushed the process I would have been assed out. That was the last item I sold on eBay. I'm not dealing with a middle man that takes money and treats me like shyt at the first sign of a problem. What eBay should have done was let me get my item back and test it before stepping in and interfering.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
if it's really this bad how are people not taking advantage of this to the point where sellers give a collective:pacspit: and have a mass exodus from ebay forcing them to at least do something about it?

your telling me I could legit get away with buying something for hundreds of dollars and sending the seller something else back?:wtf:

I wouldn't do this but I will say if it's that easy I'm legit tempted. So how are sellers even making a profit? I didn't know about this so maybe not enough people are informed that would definitely take advantage

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What about the guy on Neo GAF that sold his PS4 and the buyer said it was banned. Guy called up Sony and they told him the buyer went online with the console and it wasn't banned. He presented the info to eBay and they in so many words told him to go to hell. Somebody reading the thread started tweeting about it and eBay's social media department got involved and forced a refund.

Something similar happened to one of our posters here where a buyer scammed him and he had to tweet to get it resolved and they told him it was a one time deal. eBay is more concerned with negative twitter press than buyers pulling scams.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
if it's really this bad how are people not taking advantage of this to the point where sellers give a collective:pacspit: and have a mass exodus from ebay forcing them to at least do something about it?

your telling me I could legit get away with buying something for hundreds of dollars and sending the seller something else back?:wtf:

I wouldn't do this but I will say if it's that easy I'm legit tempted. So how are sellers even making a profit? I didn't know about this so maybe not enough people are informed that would definitely take advantage
if this shyt was this easy... EVERYONE would do it.. plain and simple

all you gotta do is go on there... bid for something like a diamond ring or watch or something worth a couple stacks

put it on your credit card or someone's credit card

do exactly what these nikkas is saying... and you not only get back your money, you also have a 10k piece of jewelry too...

then go sell it

then make another account.... wash, rinse, repeat

ain't no fukking way

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm telling you that you can file a claim on eBay and get a refund before you even return the item.

It’s seller beware as eBay’s buyer guarantee is exploited by scammers
Under eBay’s Money Back Guarantee, a buyer can ask eBay to intervene if their purchase doesn’t arrive or isn’t as described, and the seller doesn’t offer resolution within a week. However, unscrupulous buyers can ignore any contact and raise a dispute with eBay’s resolution service, which sometimes authorises a refund without any evidence from the seller being considered. The latter has no recourse under PayPal’s seller protection scheme since this is invalidated when a buyer claims directly through eBay. Although eBay’s own rules require buyers to send disputed items back, refunds are in many cases released before this happens – or after damaged or substitute goods have been returned.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Ebay-Money-back-Guarantee-scam/qaq-p/25426602
It seems to me that people have found out that if they decide they don't want something all they have to do is say not as described or damaged. Ebay just deducts the money from your account and gives it back to the customer.
He is not lying. If a buyer says something is defective they don't have to actually prove it is. In many cases eBay doesn't wait for the proof anyway before they refund the buyer on the buyer's behalf and come after the seller for the money.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ask yourself why eBay doesn't allow double blind feedback.

Meaning you can leave positive or negative feedback as a seller or buyer and you can't see the feedback the person left until after both have left it or after so many days it becomes visible but if you haven't left it you're locked out from doing so.

It's absurd that as a seller if you have negative experience with a buyer eBay effectively says we don't care, we don't wanna hear about it, and we don't want the users on our site to know.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Then your boy is lying to you. The only thing you have to do is provide a receipt or proof that the jordans are real. Either you don't have the story straight or your boy is straight lying.

If you are selling jordans as new or new without tags, the only thing you have to do if someone opens a claims is provide the receipt showing that they are new. This can be the receipt from footlocker, or the emailed receipt from where ever he got them from.

Without it, they know your ass bought them from china and are lying. Most of the times its the sellers, that are scamming people. Mainly because they dont know. Motherfukkers will sell you a brand new DVD but its clearly been opened, their excuse "Well I watched it once then put in the box and never watched it again so its not used, but it isn't brand new".

You've got it twisted breh. I don't think you're listing your items correctly. If you are listing as no returns and someone files a claim against, you depending on what it is, either eBay will pay out the buyer if they bytch enough (but its a strike against their account, meaning they can't just continue to order then bytch and get compensated)- they won't take your money.

If the buyer ever ever ever claims they didnt receive your item, the only thing and the only thing you have to do is provide the tracking which shows the address that is listed on their PayPal---so if a f@g wants to say "Hey its for my brothers birthday ship it to his house" tell him fukk you then cancel the transaction cause 99% of the time its a scam.

Other than that, if its a high dollar item or high end item (iphone, laptop, rolex, jordan) the only thing you have to do is provide proof that its real which 9/10 all they do is look at the pictures of the item you posted. Now if you just post one picture of a phone and type "For sale" of course you will lose. Cats with 9/10 photos that clearly aren't stock photos aint losing shyt breh.

tracking and receipts/proof of authenticity (which all jordans come with :stopitslime:) or proof of ownership (which can be your verizon bill showing you had the iphone under your name last month.

Your boy is lying...the only thing you have to do is ship to the address listed in eBay for the PayPal account. As long as the tracking number shows that it went to his house--under no circumstances can you lose the case.

That means if the neighbor steals it off the porch, or it never got there or anything YOU CAN'T LOSE!!!! as a seller.

Twice Ive had my shyt ripped- Once fool tried to say I sent him a box of cords. I told him to ship it back ASAP- Ebay agreed to the mutual return- The package he shipped back weight like. 0.48lb and I shipped him a 9lb box!!!! :snoop: Suddenly the story changed from me being a fraudulent seller (despite my positive feedback) to USPS/FEDEX whoever the shipping company was being a fraudulent shipping company and hiring felons to me, ebay and shipping company being in 'cahoots' because he didn't receive what he ordered. then the box that he shipped back was swapped....

:sas2:

The only thing you have to do is sell correctly. Take photos or even do a video tutorial of what you're selling in addition to the photos (i did this when I sold my mpc 2000lx then the monkey tried to tell me the slider didn't work when in the video I plugged it in loaded samples played all the keys and the slider worked). List your item accurately.

Its pretty much impossible to get dikked around once you've sold, unless you lie about your listing (misrepresent items, use stock photos, etc), don't ship fast enough (within 7 days), ship to the wrong address (automatic loss). When you sell, as long as you've clearly and appropriately listed your item (which isn't hard to do but new people still manage to fukk it up) the only thing you have to do is get it to USPS/FEDEX/UPS and get tracking!!! and for anything over $750 get signature confirmation but you can request signature at anytime.

ONCE THE ITEM IS OUT OF YOUR HANDS YOUR 95% COVERED FOR ALL PROTECTIONS!!!! The ebay money back guarantee means that the seller has to ship back---has to. If he doesn't he will lose the claim that he filed. If he ships back a box of rocks, or different shoes, the only thing you have to do is take a picture and upload it to the ebay resolution center.

That has nothing to do with ebay, that has to do with a fraudulent buyer.

Shipping scams and fake "You've got paid! Ship your item immediately and you'll receive your funds in 48 hours!" scams are the easiest to avoid. If you do your part as a seller you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

The only thing that could happen now is if a person opened a claim your ebay account can go negative and if it were still linked to your PayPal they would take the money from PayPal and your PayPal account would be negative.

-----------------------------------------
Its nearly impossible to get dikked around/lose money on PayPal/eBay these days....and even in the past really. Even as a buyer if you have a bad buy most of the time, ebay or PayPal will pay out the buyer and the seller therefore no one loses. Being a competent buyer is as important as being a competent seller.

Ive bought from fraudulent sellers (and had my shyt refunded) and Ive had experiences with fraudulent buyers. Ive always been taken care of by both companies if not just one of them.

There are too many instructions on PayPal and eBay to not get fukked. Im sorry if youve gotten fukked but you didn't do something right because even if you accidentally get taken advantage of both companies are good at making sure it doesnt happen twice.
How can so much writing be so wrong? Literally everything in this post is wrong.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How can so much writing be so wrong? Literally everything in this post is wrong.

Disputes, claims, chargebacks, and bank reversals | PayPal Business Center
The Resolution Center helps protect the buyer and the seller.
full or partial dispute claims Customer Support
providing evidence to resolve claims Customer Support
Name one thing that is wrong.Or am I, PayPal and eBay all wrong?:sas1:

@winb83 feedback is an external scoring system that helps buyers and sellers work together.
It really means nothing to your account. Basically there are internal and external standards. Negative feedback doesn't affect a seller it's the amount of claims and disputes that affect sellers. If you are selling 5 diamond rings for $2000 each and 4/5 buyers open disputes saying the rings are fake your accounts are going to be locked and questions are going to be asked- where did you get the rings, can you get proof of purchase / proof of ownership?.

The type of claims and disputes that can be filed are not as described, item not received. Anything not as described has a few options either a return and refund or mutual resolution with you sending a partial refund and them keeping the item. If the buyer agrees to ship back the item must he received within like 20 days or the case closes in the sellers favor and like I said both PayPal and eBay are good about you uploading the shyt in the resolution center so if they send you back fake Jordan's when they bought real or if you buy anything and they replace it you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

Someone pulled the okey doke back on me in 2012 I had sold a Blu-ray DVD player with WiFi that had apps on it like Netflix and youtube (this was pretty new). The monkey sent me back the wrong remote. Once I took a pic of the remote they sent and put it in the ball was back in my court, the dummy sent back the manual and on the manual it clearly had a different remote. The photo I took and included in the auction had the player next to the hdmi cord, next to the remote, next to the manual. Both eBay and I said what would be the point of me sending a completely different remote?

With your experiences have you ever talked to these fools? Or is everything automated? The first 5 times the shyt has happened to me I was all over the phone with these guys, now I just let the Res Center take care of it all.

Last edited: