PSA: Don't sell on eBay

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
I also read that if a buyer files a claim for the A to Z return for any reason it leaves a black mark on your account regardless of you being at fault or not and if you get several of them Amazon will close your seller's account.

Amazon sounds like a nightmare. They get a refund and get to keep the item if they want? What kinda bs is that?
Yes it is the order defect rate, and if you have more than 1% of your total item sold you can get your account suspended. But it is not only for a to z claims, if you get negative feedback for any reason is a mark against you. So if you sold 100 items, but one got A to Z'd, and another one gets negative feedback you account can and probably will be suspended.

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Right on fukking cue :snoop:

Sold an Xbox One controller and the buyer had only 1 rating. Then messaged me (with bad English) that the address they have is wrong and to ship it to another place instead. They bought the item yesterday and just filed a claim that they haven't received it yet and want a refund :mjlol: I haven't even shipped it yet LOL. So really no harm done but the dumbass could've waited till I shipped it to file the claim.

Oh and now they shut down their account. eBay sucks.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think they had the eBay money back guarantee back in 2011. Back then there was protection. Now they say there's protection but the money back guarantee supersedes it and makes the seller protection worthless. If your buyer is unsatisfied for any reason or wants to scam you the money back guarantee lets them do whatever.

When I was into sneakers heat like 8-9 years ago I got scammed with a fake pair. eBay did nothing about it. So I stopped buying there until recently when they changed their policy.

I sell on occasion and haven't had any issues but as a seller eBay/PayPal is bullshyt. I only sell there as a last result.

I use kijiji and just meet people in my convo lobby. I don't even bother meeting them anywhere else. Too many flakes that ware time.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They STAY sending me deals on selling things on there since I'm a frequent buyer. But when i first used eBay I used to buy books and never paid for them. Idk how but i did, sellers were pissed and left bogus reviews about me & wrote sellers beware on my account. I've changed my ways, my account is set up to make the payment immediately. I'm on a good path now.

Now off to lurk and see what I want to buy.

:russ:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Whenever I do Craigslist sales I make sure I have something ready in case something pops off:mjgrin:

Craigskist js worse than ebay, i boughta fake s7 ?months ago, didnt kbow it was fake till i ran test on it.

Im a proud gun owner now, just waiting for a nikka to try to me kike again, my life ends on the spot.

Craigslist got some much fake shyt it aint funny. Least ebay got a rating aystem.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I sold a PS4 recently, shyt went well but just to be safe I unlinked all my paypal info and everything from my Ebay account and took my card/bank info off my Paypal.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Nope.

I have bought phones, handheld systems, ipods and even a laptop. I always meet the seller in a public place and test the item. I make that clear before leaving. All transactions have been great too

Nope. I agree with the others on using Craigslist. Been using it since high school and never had any major issues. The only problems I ever had was people who were late or didn't show up.
the problem is not the safety... it's the money and the amount of people

ebay i can sell all over the world to the highest bidder

craigslist, if i believe, doesn't have bidding and nobody is about to drive 3 hours for a $20 copy of nba 2k16

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
the problem is not the safety... it's the money and the amount of people

ebay i can sell all over the world to the highest bidder

craigslist, if i believe, doesn't have bidding and nobody is about to drive 3 hours for a $20 copy of nba 2k16
Never been a problem for me. When it comes to selling I always post a price I know I won't get and let the buyer negotiate to a price I wanted in the first place.

I live in a pretty nice sized city so I usually always get offers first day or the day after. If someone's out of town I just pass on it.

I've never sold anything online and don't plan to. Don't have to worry about getting scammed and I keep all the profits.

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
eBay has a money back guarantee for buyers. If the buyer says what you sent them isn't exactly what you said it was eBay will refund the buyer, force you to pay return shipping, and reverse your PayPal payment.

Notice I said "if the buyer says" which means they can lie. Also what the buyer actually sends you back is irrelevant. The process is mostly automated and whatever you tell eBay will be ignored. They will side with the buyer and you will refund them.

If the buyer is a decent person you might actually get back the item you sold them in functional condition and if they aren't you won't even get that back.

That's true. You can get sellers easily on eBay. But as a seller you need to be smart. Everybody has a rating on eBay and you can cancel bids or refuse to sell if their score ain't looking right. I always say "bidders with no positive feedback message me before bidding or your bid will be immediately canceled." Tends to scare fukkbois off. :ehh: Never had a problem selling on eBay.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
That's true. You can get sellers easily on eBay. But as a seller you need to be smart. Everybody has a rating on eBay and you can cancel bids or refuse to sell if their score ain't looking right. I always say "bidders with no positive feedback message me before bidding or your bid will be immediately canceled." Tends to scare fukkbois off. :ehh: Never had a problem selling on eBay.
you can also set your settings up to only sell to people who meet a certain criteria... they won't even be allowed to bid on your shyt if they had a negative review in the past 90 days or certain number of returns or not enough purchases or etc etc

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Well I buy my fast car chargers from ebay..don't sell anything on there.

And if anyone ever tried to finesse me out of money, I will get to them, no matter what.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never use ebay for selling and I strongly been advising people not to bother with that site for years...

You have ZERO protection as a seller...One of my boys sold a pair of Js on there a couple of years ago...The buyer claimed the pair my boy sent him was fake...The pair that was sent to him was 100% authentic but the pair this clown shipped back was 100% fake...He switched them and filed a bullshyt claim...

Ebays response :hubie:

Then your boy is lying to you. The only thing you have to do is provide a receipt or proof that the jordans are real. Either you don't have the story straight or your boy is straight lying.

If you are selling jordans as new or new without tags, the only thing you have to do if someone opens a claims is provide the receipt showing that they are new. This can be the receipt from footlocker, or the emailed receipt from where ever he got them from.

Without it, they know your ass bought them from china and are lying. Most of the times its the sellers, that are scamming people. Mainly because they dont know. Motherfukkers will sell you a brand new DVD but its clearly been opened, their excuse "Well I watched it once then put in the box and never watched it again so its not used, but it isn't brand new".

I don't think they had the eBay money back guarantee back in 2011. Back then there was protection. Now they say there's protection but the money back guarantee supersedes it and makes the seller protection worthless. If your buyer is unsatisfied for any reason or wants to scam you the money back guarantee lets them do whatever.

You've got it twisted breh. I don't think you're listing your items correctly. If you are listing as no returns and someone files a claim against, you depending on what it is, either eBay will pay out the buyer if they bytch enough (but its a strike against their account, meaning they can't just continue to order then bytch and get compensated)- they won't take your money.

If the buyer ever ever ever claims they didnt receive your item, the only thing and the only thing you have to do is provide the tracking which shows the address that is listed on their PayPal---so if a f@g wants to say "Hey its for my brothers birthday ship it to his house" tell him fukk you then cancel the transaction cause 99% of the time its a scam.

Other than that, if its a high dollar item or high end item (iphone, laptop, rolex, jordan) the only thing you have to do is provide proof that its real which 9/10 all they do is look at the pictures of the item you posted. Now if you just post one picture of a phone and type "For sale" of course you will lose. Cats with 9/10 photos that clearly aren't stock photos aint losing shyt breh.

tracking and receipts/proof of authenticity (which all jordans come with :stopitslime:) or proof of ownership (which can be your verizon bill showing you had the iphone under your name last month.
This doesn't protect you from bait and switch scams breh...

I only know one person that still sells kicks on ebay and what he does is record the entire packaging and shipping process at the UPS store...

A clown tried the bait and switch on him and ebay did protect him because of the video proof...

It was clear as day what was sent back wasn't the same product he packaged and shipped...

The clown even kept the shoe box...

He sent a box back from the 4's (grey cement print)...My boy sold him 3's (black elephant print)...

Your boy is lying...the only thing you have to do is ship to the address listed in eBay for the PayPal account. As long as the tracking number shows that it went to his house--under no circumstances can you lose the case.

That means if the neighbor steals it off the porch, or it never got there or anything YOU CAN'T LOSE!!!! as a seller.

Twice Ive had my shyt ripped- Once fool tried to say I sent him a box of cords. I told him to ship it back ASAP- Ebay agreed to the mutual return- The package he shipped back weight like. 0.48lb and I shipped him a 9lb box!!!! :snoop: Suddenly the story changed from me being a fraudulent seller (despite my positive feedback) to USPS/FEDEX whoever the shipping company was being a fraudulent shipping company and hiring felons to me, ebay and shipping company being in 'cahoots' because he didn't receive what he ordered. then the box that he shipped back was swapped....

:sas2:

yeah its your word against theirs and eBay values the buyer more. eBay would rather be wrong and side with the buyer to protect all buyers than be right and side with the seller and piss of a buyer.

I thought about selling items on ebay but then I changed my mind after seeing how fukked up some sellers can be on ebay. I also learned from shopping on ebay that if you buy anything off there make sure it's small purchases (under $100). I think the most I've ever spent on ebay was $220 during a bid for a PS3 years ago. I didn't have any problems with the PS3 at all but you do have some buyers that run game on you though.

I know a few years after I bought that PS3 I copped a 360 slim for like $200+. When I got it, the shyt came in a cardboard box with bubble wrap all around the box (it didn't come with the og 360 box) [first warning sign]. Took it out the box the console was dusty as hell [second warning sign]. After cleaning it off and playing Hitman on it a few days the console stop reading discs [final warning sign]. I packed up all that shyt and pulled up the address it came from through a google search and the console came from a pawn shop in Florida. I was lucky to geth my money back but I had to send that shyt back through UPS and pay for shipping. I just waited until after Christmas went on Best Buy and got it cheaper.

That would be the last time I bought a system or paid that much money for anything off ebay.

The only thing you have to do is sell correctly. Take photos or even do a video tutorial of what you're selling in addition to the photos (i did this when I sold my mpc 2000lx then the monkey tried to tell me the slider didn't work when in the video I plugged it in loaded samples played all the keys and the slider worked). List your item accurately.

Its pretty much impossible to get dikked around once you've sold, unless you lie about your listing (misrepresent items, use stock photos, etc), don't ship fast enough (within 7 days), ship to the wrong address (automatic loss). When you sell, as long as you've clearly and appropriately listed your item (which isn't hard to do but new people still manage to fukk it up) the only thing you have to do is get it to USPS/FEDEX/UPS and get tracking!!! and for anything over $750 get signature confirmation but you can request signature at anytime.

ONCE THE ITEM IS OUT OF YOUR HANDS YOUR 95% COVERED FOR ALL PROTECTIONS!!!! The ebay money back guarantee means that the seller has to ship back---has to. If he doesn't he will lose the claim that he filed. If he ships back a box of rocks, or different shoes, the only thing you have to do is take a picture and upload it to the ebay resolution center.

Right on fukking cue :snoop:

Sold an Xbox One controller and the buyer had only 1 rating. Then messaged me (with bad English) that the address they have is wrong and to ship it to another place instead. They bought the item yesterday and just filed a claim that they haven't received it yet and want a refund :mjlol: I haven't even shipped it yet LOL. So really no harm done but the dumbass could've waited till I shipped it to file the claim.

Oh and now they shut down their account. eBay sucks.

That has nothing to do with ebay, that has to do with a fraudulent buyer.

I did business on eBay for years and when people started pulling those shipping scams I was done.
Shipping scams and fake "You've got paid! Ship your item immediately and you'll receive your funds in 48 hours!" scams are the easiest to avoid. If you do your part as a seller you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
I sold a PS4 recently, shyt went well but just to be safe I unlinked all my paypal info and everything from my Ebay account and took my card/bank info off my Paypal.

The only thing that could happen now is if a person opened a claim your ebay account can go negative and if it were still linked to your PayPal they would take the money from PayPal and your PayPal account would be negative.

-----------------------------------------
Its nearly impossible to get dikked around/lose money on PayPal/eBay these days....and even in the past really. Even as a buyer if you have a bad buy most of the time, ebay or PayPal will pay out the buyer and the seller therefore no one loses. Being a competent buyer is as important as being a competent seller.

Ive bought from fraudulent sellers (and had my shyt refunded) and Ive had experiences with fraudulent buyers. Ive always been taken care of by both companies if not just one of them.

There are too many instructions on PayPal and eBay to not get fukked. Im sorry if youve gotten fukked but you didn't do something right because even if you accidentally get taken advantage of both companies are good at making sure it doesnt happen twice.

Last edited: