PSA: Don't sell on eBay

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
@winb83 You forgot to tell them about hitting ebay up on Twitter if someone fukks you over. The people that run the account is tier 4 customer service and actually have the power to do something..

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Amazon is worse than eBay from what I've heard. Swappa has treated me good so far but outside of them I don't sell stuff online.
Based on @BlackPearl experience they treated her right since she is a successful seller on there:ehh:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I never use ebay for selling and I strongly been advising people not to bother with that site for years...

You have ZERO protection as a seller...One of my boys sold a pair of Js on there a couple of years ago...The buyer claimed the pair my boy sent him was fake...The pair that was sent to him was 100% authentic but the pair this clown shipped back was 100% fake...He switched them and filed a bullshyt claim...

Ebays response :hubie:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
eBay has a money back guarantee for buyers. If the buyer says what you sent them isn't exactly what you said it was eBay will refund the buyer, force you to pay return shipping, and reverse your PayPal payment.

Notice I said "if the buyer says" which means they can lie. Also what the buyer actually sends you back is irrelevant. The process is mostly automated and whatever you tell eBay will be ignored. They will side with the buyer and you will refund them.

If the buyer is a decent person you might actually get back the item you sold them in functional condition and if they aren't you won't even get that back.
Yup, this happened to me with a pair of Flight One Galaxys I sold on there back in like 2011.

1040406.jpg

Really rare pair of all star game edition kicks. Lost $280 cause of it.

There IS protection though: You have to ship through USPS and have signature confirmation. Any product over $150 I think will be honored by eBay if there's sig confirmation..

...I just didn't know at the time. :mjcry:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Based on @BlackPearl experience they treated her right since she is a successful seller on there:ehh:
Amazon also has a buyer's protection guarantee. I am unsure if the buyer can lie and get away with it though cause I never bothered selling on there. Maybe Amazon does more due diligence than eBay. Ultimately though because no middle man inspects the package it's gonna be your word vs the buyer's word. Typically these companies side with the buyers because buyers are more valuable than sellers.

If they screw over a seller another seller will replace them if they leave due to lack of options to sell at online. If buyers feel the place is unsafe the marketplace goes under.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yup, this happened to me with a pair of Flight One Galaxys I sold on there back in like 2011.

1040406.jpg

There IS protection though: You have to ship through USPS and have signature confirmation. Any product over $150 I think will be honored by eBay if there's sig confirmation..

I don't think they had the eBay money back guarantee back in 2011. Back then there was protection. Now they say there's protection but the money back guarantee supersedes it and makes the seller protection worthless. If your buyer is unsatisfied for any reason or wants to scam you the money back guarantee lets them do whatever.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Amazon also has a buyer's protection guarantee. I am unsure if the buyer can lie and get away with it though cause I never bothered selling on there. Maybe Amazon does more due diligence than eBay. Ultimately though because no middle man inspects the package it's gonna be your word vs the buyer's word. Typically these companies side with the buyers because buyers are more valuable than sellers.

If they screw over a seller another seller will replace them if they leave due to lack of options to sell at online. If buyers feel the place is unsafe the marketplace goes under.
I see

Also you should of made this topic in here

6 Figures 6 Certs

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I will still use Ebay, although I dislike this notion. This is why I always make sure my description is as close to accurate as possible. Especially when it comes to phones.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps

1040406.jpg

This doesn't protect you from bait and switch scams breh...

I only know one person that still sells kicks on ebay and what he does is record the entire packaging and shipping process at the UPS store...

A clown tried the bait and switch on him and ebay did protect him because of the video proof...

It was clear as day what was sent back wasn't the same product he packaged and shipped...

The clown even kept the shoe box...

He sent a box back from the 4's (grey cement print)...My boy sold him 3's (black elephant print)...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I will still use Ebay, although I dislike this notion. This is why I always make sure my description is as close to accurate as possible. Especially when it comes to phones.
what I'm saying is once the buyer files a claim none of that matters. eBay is fine for selling cheap stuff you can afford to lose and walk away from. we got people here thinking about selling Nintendo consoles and collectors edition games on there. They just need to know that selling on eBay is like having raw sex with a prostitute. You might get lucky and catch nothing but the sky is the limit to what can go wrong.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston

1040406.jpg

Wrong. Got scammed with sig confirmation. They just do a sig confirmation on the box of rocks they send back and ebay still signs with them.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
This doesn't protect you from bait and switch scams breh...

I only know one person that still sells kicks on ebay and what he does is record the entire packaging and shipping process at the UPS store...

A clown tried the bait and switch on him and ebay did protect him because of the video proof...

It was clear as day what was sent back wasn't the same product he packaged and shipped...

The clown even kept the shoe box...

He sent a box back from the 4's (grey cement print)...My boy sold him 3's (black elephant print)...

Wrong. Got scammed with sig confirmation. They just do a sig confirmation on the box of rocks they send back and ebay still signs with them.

I'm a novice brehs :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry: