PS5 to lack backwards compatibility

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You mean like this thing they had no problem selling to the massive for 100 bucks completely optimized.

bb30e77d-dc08-4038-bf60-5f57e37b59af._CR0,0,1464,600_PT0_SX1464__.jpg

The overall issue is sony can make more not worrying about back compat while reselling the same games, remakes and franchise in the future. Therefore the "fanbase" hold the L. Only the stan's don't really care because they love the brand and image and those that do want improved services gotta just hope for the best...
Nobody bought that piece of shyt :mjlol:

Ain't nobody excusin $ony over PS1/2 BC.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
You can’t play NCAA14 on either console so it don’t even matter

:sadcam:

I have my 360 hooked up specifically for that. I paid a nice amount of change to get this and build it.

1598926177525197-0.png

1598926174709593-1.png

1598926171693501-2.png

This entire cabinet is for nostalgic purposes. I do play this often. With game consoles also having the ability to emulate, at the very least, we should expect companies to keep their own legacies going forward some how. Fine if you don't use it but everyone uses these consoles differently. This should be a no brainer to me.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How do you know this :dead:

RCPS3 is open source and have people able to comment to its development at their leisure. Generally with no development costs. You can't account for that cost in a console. Not every game works on RCPS3 and those that do sometimes have glitch guides that are long to read. Microsoft has the advantage here that all of their consoles are based in DirectX so they put a team together to get this working. Sony's stratgey is to stream through customs hardware. To make this work they would have to add hardware to the PS5 which would raise cost. As I said though PS2 and PS1 is doable.
No all of Microsoft consoles are not direct X. Again some glitches are expected.

Sony is a huge corporation. If you really believe they can’t do what a couple people on the internet could then I don’t know what to tell you.

There would not have to be any added hardware I’m not sure where you get that idea from.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do people think that PS5 will somehow have limited or gimped PS4 BC despite the opposite being clearly stated on their blog? Despite the plethora of 3rd party games getting free next gen upgrades?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Do people think that PS5 will somehow have limited or gimped PS4 BC despite the opposite being clearly stated on their blog? Despite the plethora of 3rd party games getting free next gen upgrades?
Will 100% of PS4 games either digital or on disc, be playable on the ps5 at no additional charge?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Clearly a PS3 emulator is very possible.

Yet you stans still in here making excuses for Sony :mjlol:
Read the link you posted and read this post you just made and go sit down somewhere and study it for a few minutes :mjlol:

Hint:If a PS3 emulator is clearly possible...from the cloud... How is that synonymous with an offline emulator that would've ran on the PS4? Again, we not talking if the PS5 can run PS3, we was always talking about the 4.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
:trash:

it ain’t a deal breaker but got damn Sony wack for this, if true.

All them p’s and flops and I still can’t play mgs4 on anything other than my big booty ps3. :snoop:

seems the page has been removed so we’ll see.

Last edited:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I mean you all do understand the concept of diminishing returns right?

It feels like your money would be better spent buying a retro console opposed to a next gen one.
and then when I want to play PS5 games?

so basically buy 2 consoles, instead of doing what the consumer feels would be a great feature. I'm a sony fan but here is where the xbox got them beat.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
No all of Microsoft consoles are not direct X. Again some glitches are expected.
Wrong, DirectXbox is in the name. Post proof that DriectX isn't used in the Xbox API on any console.

Sony is a huge corporation. If you really believe they can’t do what a couple people on the internet could then I don’t know what to tell you.

There would not have to be any added hardware I’m not sure where you get that idea from.
You're still repeating the same lines. They obviously can emulate the PS3 in PSNow. But the cost to add it even if it's like $5 or $10 extra bucks would cost millions. They already sell these things at a loss. You have a chance to stunt on Sony here for using that stupid ass Core architecture and now you're saying they could emulate it without an issue. But in the same breath saying glitches would be expected for the company that owns it. So it's not about good emulation it's about just having a feature to brag about.

Separate to this convo, can someone with PSNow tell me how well it does playing PS3 games?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Will 100% of PS4 games either digital or on disc, be playable on the ps5 at no additional charge?
:mindblown: Are you intentionally ignoring official news and entertaining Xbot nonsense? :mjlol:

UPDATE: A quick update on backward compatibility – With all of the amazing games in PS4’s catalog, we’ve devoted significant efforts to enable our fans to play their favorites on PS5. We believe that the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5.

We’re expecting backward compatible titles will run at a boosted frequency on PS5 so that they can benefit from higher or more stable frame rates and potentially higher resolutions. We’re currently evaluating games on a title-by-title basis to spot any issues that need adjustment from the original software developers.

In his presentation, Mark Cerny provided a snapshot into the Top 100 most-played PS4 titles, demonstrating how well our backward compatibility efforts are going. We have already tested hundreds of titles and are preparing to test thousands more as we move toward launch. We will provide updates on backward compatibility, along with much more PS5 news, in the months ahead. Stay tuned!
Unveiling New Details of PlayStation 5: Hardware Technical Specs [UPDATED]
It ain't like this is some tucked away information in a PDF file somewhere deep on the site :mjlol:

Again, y u asking this question over like it's something unclear? Almost every game you have now will work on PS5, some will have free upgrades to the next gen version or patches and the rest will either work as is now on PS4/Pro.

I'd love to make a thread about how the Xbox one version of COD-Blops Cold War cannot be upgraded to the Series X version but y'all not ready to have that conversation. :sas1:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wrong, DirectXbox is in the name. Post proof that DriectX isn't used in the Xbox API on any console.

You're still repeating the same lines. They obviously can emulate the PS3 in PSNow. But the cost to add it even if it's like $5 or $10 extra bucks would cost millions. They already sell these things at a loss. You have a chance to stunt on Sony here for using that stupid ass Core architecture and now you're saying they could emulate it without an issue. But in the same breath saying glitches would be expected for the company that owns it. So it's not about good emulation it's about just having a feature to brag about.

Separate to this convo, can someone with PSNow tell me how well it does playing PS3 games?
PS Now literally is using PS3s on a server rack. It isn't emulating a PS3 per se.