PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So about the HDR pass thru with the VR box, is this something ya'll think will be patched in? Is it not possible?
it's imo a bigger oversight than a 4K bluray player No 4K bluray player?? Well okay w/e.

No HDR pass through on the box is dumb since the PSVR will always be connected to the PS4 and they work in tandem with each other. They should make a free coupler or w/e and have them free for HDR TV users imo.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
it's imo a bigger oversight than a 4K bluray player No 4K bluray player?? Well okay w/e.

No HDR pass through on the box is dumb since the PSVR will always be connected to the PS4 and they work in tandem with each other. They should make a free coupler or w/e and have them free for HDR TV users imo.
It is a bigger oversight but marginally IMO.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As a PSVR owner I can complain about the lack of consideration for it that Sony had in respects to how it handicaps the PS4 Pro. :ufdup:
And I don't defend every move these companies make either.
You're argument is that I can't or shouldn't complain.
If Sony said that HDR was not going to be possible with PSVR hooked up I missed that part.
I don't actively look for the screw ups these companies make but when something comes up I definitely let them have it. :dame:I don't care what console it is.
PS4 has been my go to console since it dropped, but Sony omitting a 4K blu ray drive and having one of their peripherals handicap the console is whack as hell to me.
I never said that actually. I said that aimlessly raging and spreading misinfo is silly as the original point was he(cigga) made it look like it's the PS4 Pro's fault that HDR isn't being pass through to the TV with the PSVR connected and I merely corrected that saying that it's a fault of the processor box. That revelation seems to have ruffled feathers. I also mentioned that this info was stated clearly since Oct 3rd.

It'd be akin to me complaining that PS4 is at fault because Uncharted 4 has me sliding too all over the place.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I never said that actually. I said that aimlessly raging and spreading misinfo is silly as the original point was he(cigga) made it look like it's the PS4 Pro's fault that HDR isn't being pass through to the TV with the PSVR connected and I merely corrected that saying that it's a fault of the processor box. That revelation seems to have ruffled feathers. I also mentioned that this info was stated clearly since Oct 3rd.
Ruffle this neg :fire:

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
Yeah 5K, ultra, 60fps isn't fair; I'll give you that. But the HDR is something that I thought would make it worth while. Forza Horizon in HDR looks better than any pro game I've played. You can actually see the colors pop. With the games I've tried on the pro...not so much.
In fairness, HDR implementation, and just about everything else game specific, is down to the developers. It's why there are currently some games running natively at 4K (30 fps), some running a 1440p resolution, which is upscaled, and everything else in-between. :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In fairness, HDR implementation, and just about everything else game specific, is down to the developers. It's why there are currently some games running natively at 4K (30 fps), some running a 1440p resolution, which is upscaled, and everything else in-between. :manny:
even then HDR is finicky depending upon a user's TV settings, setup etc. My coworker got a Pro and a 4K HDR and he said he had to tweak settings to get it to look right because at first it looked wrong and this is coming from a tech enthusiast, not some random joe blow.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Free coupler? Is this coupler a work around to this issue?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Free coupler? Is this coupler a work around to this issue?
Its a suggestion. Yes it would be a workaround. An additional piece of hardware to fix their mistake.
They could also release an updated adapter for PSVR owners, or do what most companies do and SELL an updated adapter "4K ready"

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:snoop:I mean.....I guess.....but still.....:snoop:
But what I'm not understanding is what a coupler is supposed to do for you. Wouldn't you want an HDMI splitter instead of a coupler?
I thought the issue was you need to find a way to by pass the box. Isn't a coupler just going to make it so you join 2 hdmi cables thus making one long hdmi cable. What am I missing?

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:I mean.....I guess.....but still.....:snoop:
But what I'm not understanding is what a coupler is supposed to do for you. Wouldn't you want an HDMI splitter instead of a coupler?
I thought the issue was you need to find a way to by pass the box. Isn't a coupler just going to make it so you join 2 hdmi cables thus making one long hdmi cable. What am I missing?
that thread has multiple options. It's just a discussion going on.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
that thread has multiple options. It's just a discussion going on.
That doesn't answer my question though. What is coupling two hdmi cables together supposed to accomplish? I would think using an hdmi splitter would be possible in theory but it's a very sloppy solution. My bet is on Sony releasing a stand alone 4K ready pass through box for PSVR as an optional upgrade. I don't know how that box works. Software patch to allow 4K hdr doesn't seem possible to me. We'll see though I guess

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I went to my boy house today and saw the games running on a 75" Sony X850D 4K TV and that shyt looked really good.

UC4 looked really great. The fake HDR mode does NOT look better than real HDR. Sounds like some nonsense and honestly I think at this point user preference etc comes into effect.
The fake HDR mode was just super bright and crushed blacks. Nothing looked real.

Everything was super bright/orange and looked fake. The real HDR mode looked nice and realistic, the details were noticeable mostly in the sand/ocean etc. The IQ looked fukking amazing. I didn't have time to check other areas of the game as I'm sure there would be even more to glean from.

I was mostly impressed with Ratchet and Clank though. It just looks visually immaculate. The IQ is just stupid. Game runs beautifully too.

I also upgraded his GPU to a 1080 TI and ran ROTR on it. I wish we had ROTR on PS4 to compare it to but Ratchet imo looked just as amazing IQ than ROTR on PC.

It looked absolutely flawless. I want a 4K TV now :wow:

I wanted to try Infamous and TLOU but I had to go.

If this isn't even the top of the line 4K TV then I can't imagine an even better TV :wow:

SfBneE.jpg

Dude still had both 4K TVs in the same room :mjlol:
x2JxaQ.jpg

EuAsLP.jpg

Last edited: