PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can actually see the colors pop.

Not every game is supposed to look super bright and colorful and even then each scene would look different than another.

HDR impressions do nothing for me. I've seem wildly different impressions on the same game(FH3)

I'm testing hdr with this game versus the demo and I must say that I'm really disappointed.

No hdr mode looks way better to me in this game.

The same cannot be said about movies.

Originally Posted by Impulsor

It looks washed out compared to the demo. Some. Scenes look better but most of them do not. At least to me.

I'm Playing on a Samsung UE55KS9000. Movies most certainly look WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than their non hdr counterparts, but with this I do not notice a very big difference and what I do notice, I do not really like.

I can tell the difference in Movies. Watching movies for me is a spectacular difference but with THIS game in particular it seems that the HDR mode is not as ... "good"?

For me HDR with this game is looking kinda washed out and I'm really dissappointed.

I'm using, as said above, a Samsung UE55KS9000, which is not a cheap display at all and looks stunning when I watch movies or netflix 4k hdr.

I honestly think that it may be a bad implementation of HDR in Forza, because the difference is mindblowing to me in movies.

Applied to my TV, as I said, HDR is spectacular in other content, just not in this game.

And I know it isn't the xbox one s' problem because I watch HDR blu rays with it and they absolutely blow my mind.
caayn said:
So I've tweaked a few settings and I think that I got it working. HDR in Horizon doesn't look that great to me after having watched other HDR content and directly swapping both HDR and SDR with aid of the PC version. Only at night does it look good imo. During the day, in the city, jungle, desert, it looks off.

Here are a few shytty off screen pics.

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Blah, blah, blah. I have a top of the line OLED 4K. Each individual pixel is lighted. You can't get better than OLED right now. I'm gonna go hard on my Pro tomorrow (I have the week off). We'll see. I'll come back in with impressions, but so far, call me unimpressed.

Yeah 5K, ultra, 60fps isn't fair; I'll give you that. But the HDR is something that I thought would make it worth while. Forza Horizon in HDR looks better than any pro game I've played. You can actually see the colors pop. With the games I've tried on the pro...not so much.

I'm going in on PSVR tomorrow. I'll see how much better it is, compared to the og PSVR. I'll also be comparing it with my rift and Vive (which I know isn't a fair comparison, but still...)

I'm just really pissed that you can't use HDR with the PSVR box. It seems like a nearsighted omission on Sony's part. It fukking makes no sense. :mindblown:
Check ur settings bro. And to say there's no difference in atleast Ratchet And Clank is insane. The game looks fukkin beautiful fam. Like I said check ur settings. And there still isn't a single game that was made with the Pro in mind that's out yet. The Pro is not a 4K machine regardless of what they say. The Pro is a more powerful PS4. it's the most powerful console on the market right now. U was extremely happy with the One S. that shyt ain't nothing but an Xbox One with 4K Blu Ray capability. which is kinda flawed on its own for its own reasons. But other than HDR support and a few frames here n there. There Is No difference. And u sung all its praises. There's games that run ok on the OG PS4 that run amazing on the Pro. like Titanfall 2 for instance. I'm just confused at what u guys thought this console was supposed to be.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Check ur settings bro. And to say there's no difference in atleast Ratchet And Clank is insane. The game looks fukkin beautiful fam. Like I said check ur settings. And there still isn't a single game that was made with the Pro in mind that's out yet. The Pro is not a 4K machine regardless of what they say. The Pro is a more powerful PS4. it's the most powerful console on the market right now. U was extremely happy with the One S. that shyt ain't nothing but an Xbox One with 4K Blu Ray capability. which is kinda flawed on its own for its own reasons. But other than HDR support and a few frames here n there. There Is No difference. And u sung all its praises. There's games that run ok on the OG PS4 that run amazing on the Pro. like Titanfall 2 for instance. I'm just confused at what u guys thought this console was supposed to be.
I'll get try more games tomorrow. I don't regret my purchase, but it's less stunning than I expected. :yeshrug:

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps

yall buying all these fancy drives. I just bought a Seagate 2TB Back Up Plus Slim for like $70 and opened the case and put the drive in my system. these systems are bottle-necked anyway and can't take full advantage of better drives.

They bottleneck but still out perform base 5400rpm drives.

I have Seagates last gen sshd 1tb that i got for $70 in my ps4. When I got the pro i sold the drive that came with it for $50, and im sure i can get the same for this one. So $20/$30 to double my storage and get another speed increase is a easy decision.

Its all preference though. :yeshrug:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They bottleneck but still out perform base 5400rpm drives.

I have Seagates last gen sshd 1tb that i got for $70 in my ps4. When I got the pro i sold the drive that came with it for $50, and im sure i can get the same for this one. So $20/$30 to double my storage and get another speed increase is a easy decision.

Its all preference though. :yeshrug:
I watched the digital foundary video on load times and spending $50 more to shave of 5-10 seconds per load doesn't seem worth it.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
I watched the digital foundary video on load times and spending $50 more to shave of 5-10 seconds per load doesn't seem worth it.

True, again its preference.

For me faster load time is a high priority. Especially in a game like Overwatch where competitive play has character restrictions, or BF i can be sure im grabbong the plane/vehicle i want.