|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
fukking psvr takes away my hdr. :wtf:

I need a fix, brehs

edit:

Sony is launching two pieces of cutting-edge technology this fall: the PlayStation VR headset in 10 days, and the 4K-compatible PlayStation 4 Pro about a month afterward. PSVR games will run better on the Pro’s more powerful hardware, but people who buy a Pro for high dynamic range (HDR) color — arguably the most highly touted feature of the console — will hit a snag if they have a PSVR headset hooked up to their television.

The PSVR headset connects to a PS4 through an external box known as the Processor Unit. The device doesn’t provide any extra graphical power; instead, it acts as an HDMI splitter, allowing the PS4 to output images to a second screen such as a television, and also handles audio processing for 3D sound.

Here’s how the connections work: The headset hooks up to the PS4 via USB, and connects to the Processor Unit with a hybrid HDMI and auxiliary cable; the box connects to the PS4 and TV with separate HDMI cables.

In a lengthy FAQ for PSVR, Sony said today that the Processor Unit supports pass-through for non-VR content. That means that even if you’ve got a PSVR headset hooked up to your TV via the Processor Unit, you’ll be able to use your PS4 as usual — as long as the box is plugged in and the headset is off. That also applies for the PS4 Pro and 4K content, since the pass-through feature can handle 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels) at up to 60 frames per second.

However, Sony noted that the Processor Unit’s pass-through functionality does not support HDR at any resolution. (Neither does PSVR itself.) So if you want to play HDR content from a PS4 or PS4 Pro, you’ll have to connect the console directly to your HDR-capable TV — without the PSVR Processor Unit as a middleman. That means unplugging the PS4’s HDMI cable from the unit and connecting it straight to your TV.

PlayStation VR users will have to unplug the headset to use a PS4 in HDR

-------------------------------

This is some bullshyt. I can't believe you can't have the PSVR plugged in and also get HDR. What was Sony thinking? :mindblown:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
fukk the pro. You need to unplug your PSVR to get HDR. fukk that shyt :pacspit:

A disappointing upgrade all around. I regret buying it :martin:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukking psvr takes away my hdr. :wtf:

I need a fix, brehs

edit:

Sony is launching two pieces of cutting-edge technology this fall: the PlayStation VR headset in 10 days, and the 4K-compatible PlayStation 4 Pro about a month afterward. PSVR games will run better on the Pro’s more powerful hardware, but people who buy a Pro for high dynamic range (HDR) color — arguably the most highly touted feature of the console — will hit a snag if they have a PSVR headset hooked up to their television.

The PSVR headset connects to a PS4 through an external box known as the Processor Unit. The device doesn’t provide any extra graphical power; instead, it acts as an HDMI splitter, allowing the PS4 to output images to a second screen such as a television, and also handles audio processing for 3D sound.

Here’s how the connections work: The headset hooks up to the PS4 via USB, and connects to the Processor Unit with a hybrid HDMI and auxiliary cable; the box connects to the PS4 and TV with separate HDMI cables.

In a lengthy FAQ for PSVR, Sony said today that the Processor Unit supports pass-through for non-VR content. That means that even if you’ve got a PSVR headset hooked up to your TV via the Processor Unit, you’ll be able to use your PS4 as usual — as long as the box is plugged in and the headset is off. That also applies for the PS4 Pro and 4K content, since the pass-through feature can handle 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels) at up to 60 frames per second.

However, Sony noted that the Processor Unit’s pass-through functionality does not support HDR at any resolution. (Neither does PSVR itself.) So if you want to play HDR content from a PS4 or PS4 Pro, you’ll have to connect the console directly to your HDR-capable TV — without the PSVR Processor Unit as a middleman. That means unplugging the PS4’s HDMI cable from the unit and connecting it straight to your TV.

PlayStation VR users will have to unplug the headset to use a PS4 in HDR

-------------------------------

This is some bullshyt. I can't believe you can't have the PSVR plugged in and also get HDR. What was Sony thinking? :mindblown:

yeah sony 4ucked up big for this,

infact sony should have made the ps4 pro so you don't need the psvr box

but the work around is a HDMI splitter.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm on my fukk Sony tip. Yeah, disconnecting wires only takes a minute or two, but fukk that :pacspit:

I'm very disappointed with the ps4pro. I played UC4, TLOU and R&C. They barely look better than the faux HDR on my tv (LG 4K OLED)

fukk this shyt :pacspit:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm on my fukk Sony tip. Yeah, disconnecting wires only takes a minute or two, but fukk that :pacspit:

I'm very disappointed with the ps4pro. I played UC4, TLOU and R&C. They barely look better than the faux HDR on my tv (LG 4K OLED)

fukk this shyt :pacspit:
So try more than 3 games jesus christ.

Play THREE games and then draw a conclusion brehs.

You should try out the like, the other games that exist breh. U bugging right now.

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So try more than 3 games jesus christ.

Play THREE games and then draw a conclusion brehs.

You should try out the like, the other games that exist breh. U bugging right now.
It's you that's being biased. I already know about VR at 90hz, Ultra graphics. The PSVR upgrades aren't that impressive.

I'm super pissed that I can't plug in my PSVR and get HDR at the same time. shyt makes no sense. :mindblown:

I play at 4/5K, all ultra on PC, so this shyt doesn't impress me. The HDR is the only feature that would impress me, but HDR barely is better than my LG OLED 4K faux HDR. shyt is disappointing.

I know you're a Sony Stan through and through,but shyt is underwhelming.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's you that's being biased. I already know about VR at 90hz, Ultra graphics. The PSVR upgrades aren't that impressive.
what does that have to do with anything?? There's already plenty of PSVR games that run at 90FPS on the standard PS4 for the VR.

PSVR upgrades aren't that impressive?? You realize each game has it's own patch that uses the Pro how it fits right?? why make blanket statements about the Pro when it's up to each dev to utilize the extra grunt?

What games for the PSVR did you even try? I saw a big difference in PSVR playroom. Rez looked a little better. I didn't notice much in Thumper. i seen others comment on the supported PSVR games looking better/less blurry etc.

I'm super pissed that I can't plug in my PSVR and get HDR at the same time. shyt makes no sense. :mindblown:
That's a legitimate gripe but that's been the same shyt on PS4, how you just know realize that?

I play at 4/5K, all ultra on PC, so this shyt doesn't impress me. The HDR is the only feature that would impress me, but HDR barely is better than my LG OLED 4K faux HDR. shyt is disappointing.
Why would you compare the Pro with a 5K/Ultra setup?? That's just a unfair comparison and you know it.

I'd say something is off if you saying fake HDR looks better. It's supposed to be realistic/accurate with HDR content.
How can something that's simulating HDR be barely different when the content maker is the one that implements HDR how they see fit??

Did you try say chapter 12 in UC4 with the ocean/boat? How about Infamous? Or the plethora of other games that support HDR?? Why stop at 3 games and then conclude the system is at fault. I know two people who have 4K TVs that tried HDR on their Pro's and they said it made a "big fukking diference" and this isn't no cheap 4K TV, my boy just got a 4K HDR Sony TV for like $4000.

I know you're a Sony Stan through and through,but shyt is underwhelming.
what does me telling you to actually try more content/check your TV settings/corroborate with other users who have your TV on say Reddit/Gaf/Guru3d etc to see what they say have to do with me being a Stan? You're not making sense right now, you're just being ridiculous in my eyes. This "fukk this thing I'm angry!!!" attitude isn't really moving things.

If you're unwilling to actually try other content, check things to see if you're really seeing things as intended pertaining to HDR etc. then I'd say you're better off just selling your PS4 and calling it a day since you seem already decided on what it is without even having tried the majority of content and completely being obtuse as to the fact that there's still years worth of content coming out.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My pro is silent

Quick test. the only sound that was audible was when I turned it on and the disc was spinning in the drive.

Right now I'm playing Persona5 and it's whisper quiet.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
what does that have to do with anything?? There's already plenty of PSVR games that run at 90FPS on the standard PS4 for the VR.

PSVR upgrades aren't that impressive?? You realize each game has it's own patch that uses the Pro how it fits right?? why make blanket statements about the Pro when it's up to each dev to utilize the extra grunt?

What games for the PSVR did you even try? I saw a big difference in PSVR playroom. Rez looked a little better. I didn't notice much in Thumper. i seen others comment on the supported PSVR games looking better/less blurry etc.

That's a legitimate gripe but that's been the same shyt on PS4, how you just know realize that?

Why would you compare the Pro with a 5K/Ultra setup?? That's just a unfair comparison and you know it.

I'd say something is off if you saying fake HDR looks better. It's supposed to be realistic/accurate with HDR content.
How can something that's simulating HDR be barely different when the content maker is the one that implements HDR how they see fit??

Did you try say chapter 12 in UC4 with the ocean/boat? How about Infamous? Or the plethora of other games that support HDR?? Why stop at 3 games and then conclude the system is at fault. I know two people who have 4K TVs that tried HDR on their Pro's and they said it made a "big fukking diference" and this isn't no cheap 4K TV, my boy just got a 4K HDR Sony TV for like $4000.

what does me telling you to actually try more content/check your TV settings/corroborate with other users who have your TV on say Reddit/Gaf/Guru3d etc to see what they say have to do with me being a Stan? You're not making sense right now, you're just being ridiculous in my eyes. This "fukk this thing I'm angry!!!" attitude isn't really moving things.

If you're unwilling to actually try other content, check things to see if you're really seeing things as intended pertaining to HDR etc. then I'd say you're better off just selling your PS4 and calling it a day since you seem already decided on what it is without even having tried the majority of content and completely being obtuse as to the fact that there's still years worth of content coming out.
Blah, blah, blah. I have a top of the line OLED 4K. Each individual pixel is lighted. You can't get better than OLED right now. I'm gonna go hard on my Pro tomorrow (I have the week off). We'll see. I'll come back in with impressions, but so far, call me unimpressed.

Yeah 5K, ultra, 60fps isn't fair; I'll give you that. But the HDR is something that I thought would make it worth while. Forza Horizon in HDR looks better than any pro game I've played. You can actually see the colors pop. With the games I've tried on the pro...not so much.

I'm going in on PSVR tomorrow. I'll see how much better it is, compared to the og PSVR. I'll also be comparing it with my rift and Vive (which I know isn't a fair comparison, but still...)

I'm just really pissed that you can't use HDR with the PSVR box. It seems like a nearsighted omission on Sony's part. It fukking makes no sense. :mindblown: