PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt. I'm perfectly happy cause I actually have games that utilized the difference. BF1 for instance was HUGE leap (before they fukked it up with the patch). Ratchet and Clank looks like a fukkin Pixar movie. Clean and vibrant as fukk. Titanfall 2 looks and runs amazing. And that's just naming a few.
Yeah I think if you don't have many games on PS4 that have pro support it'll seem like it's nothing really. You really have to try a variety of games. Plus we still got a few years of PS4 games coming out so it's kind of silly to go off some launch games that were pro patched compared to upcoming games that'll have Pro developed with it. Like Tabata said for FFXV the game wasn't made with the Pro in mind that's why some games just have a mere res/fps boost which by itself is a nice improvement. In Dec that same game(FFXV) will get another patch to enable 60fps on the Pro at 1080P which is not even possible on the base PS4.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
what games did you play that have Pro support? I only seen you mention UC4 which ironically is only one of the least substantial upgrades(it was already a looker by itself.) I saw you mention the HDR was meh but then that sounds like a YMMV situation as I've seen plenty of people say the games look super good in HDR while some say it looked washed out or somethhing which makes me think that HDR experiences wildly differ from one TV to another depending on settings/other factors.

Have you tried Ratchet?? ROTR? Infamous? 2k17? BF1? TF2? The Witness(HDR patch)?

Sounds like you bought a Pro with some unrealistic expectations despite months of information/videos showing what we'll get(initially).

A game like FFXV getting a 1080P/60fps mode(in DEC) on the Pro when that isn't even supported on the base mode is substantial imo since on PS4 it's 900~1080P/30fps.

As for the HDR situation, I wonder if everyone that are passing their Pros thru receivers and if so, did they check to make sure that their receivers actually can pass HDR. If you didn't get a receiver this year, then chances are that it can't pass HDR, even if it does pass 4K (which not all receivers pass either).

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
As for the HDR situation, I wonder if everyone that are passing their Pros thru receivers and if so, did they check to make sure that their receivers actually can pass HDR. If you didn't get a receiver this year, then chances are that it can't pass HDR, even if it does pass 4K (which not all receivers pass either).
The sad truth is if you didn't buy a 2016 TV or a 2015 flagship from Sony or Samsung your HDR is inferior anyway. Those older models don't meet the proper spec for HDR which didn't become official until this year.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think it's more than that. I've read threads online, usually from Gaf where folks where talking about HDR in games like FH3 and one post would be "OMG this loos aamzing!" and then another post saying "Meh it looks dull and almost washed out idk.." Seems like there's a plethora of settings/combinations that can make the HDR look off.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The sad truth is if you didn't buy a 2016 TV or a 2015 flagship from Sony or Samsung your HDR is inferior anyway. Those older models don't meet the proper spec for HDR which didn't become official until this year.

Yeah, I'm aware. I stalled on buying my 4K last year for that very reason.

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Just bought a Pro today:yes:

Also bought a 2tb hdd to throw in it.

Can't play with it til Sunday tho:to:

Traded in my Wii U and 3DS XL that I wasn't playing. Gonna trade in my PS4 next week and put that money toward the Nintendo Switch.

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Just bought a Pro today:yes:

Also bought a 2tb hdd to throw in it.

Can't play with it til Sunday tho:to:

Traded in my Wii U and 3DS XL that I wasn't playing. Gonna trade in my PS4 next week and put that money toward the Nintendo Switch.

Me too I copped last night when I got off work. :mjgrin:

Where u get a 2TB hard drive from tho:feedme:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

yall buying all these fancy drives. I just bought a Seagate 2TB Back Up Plus Slim for like $70 and opened the case and put the drive in my system. these systems are bottle-necked anyway and can't take full advantage of better drives.

link

bruh bruh

cfountain

Wavy Like A Lake
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Gotta buy a smaller screwdriver to take the hdd bay out it seems:francis:

Cant find this glassed screw driver to save my life:sadcam: