PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I got one... Not feeling it
What arent u feeling about it? it's a ps4 with more power. Do u even have any games that utilize it? I just don't understand how someone could be perfectly happy wit their PS4 and then shyt on the Pro. Which is just a more powerful PS4. There hasn't even been a game released yet that was built wit the Pro in mind. What did yall expect this shyt to do?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What arent u feeling about it? it's a ps4 with more power. Do u even have any games that utilize it? I just don't understand how someone could be perfectly happy wit their PS4 and then shyt on the Pro. Which is just a more powerful PS4. There hasn't even been a game released yet that was built wit the Pro in mind. What did yall expect this shyt to do?

He don't...he's a Bias xbox head and been trying to convince me that's he not getting one for months...now he has one and not feeling it lol

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
Well the hope is that as developers start developing the games with the extra hp in mind they'll play better rather than trying to retrofit old code for the new hardware.
1080p has been the standard for years and few have ever produced a stellar looking game at native 1080p (not 900-1000p, or less, and upscaled), even less if we're talking 1080p with locked 60 frames per second. I'm hoping that they will at least make 1080p with locked frame rate standard, but I'm not holding my breath.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not taking these(well only 1) opinion of "the Pro is underwhelming" posts seriously.

That's such a blanket statement.

What games did this person play(Pro supported)?? Every game's Pro implementation is different from each other so unless you tried every Pro enabled game and tested it saying that the Pro itself is meh is such a uninformative opinion.

What TV do you have?? Is your HDR settings working?? I've seen folks have wildly different impressions of HDR across various titles. One person is blown away while another one says it looks meh.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yup. Get in line. shyts underwhelming as fukk.
what games did you play that have Pro support? I only seen you mention UC4 which ironically is only one of the least substantial upgrades(it was already a looker by itself.) I saw you mention the HDR was meh but then that sounds like a YMMV situation as I've seen plenty of people say the games look super good in HDR while some say it looked washed out or somethhing which makes me think that HDR experiences wildly differ from one TV to another depending on settings/other factors.

Have you tried Ratchet?? ROTR? Infamous? 2k17? BF1? TF2? The Witness(HDR patch)?

Sounds like you bought a Pro with some unrealistic expectations despite months of information/videos showing what we'll get(initially).

A game like FFXV getting a 1080P/60fps mode(in DEC) on the Pro when that isn't even supported on the base mode is substantial imo since on PS4 it's 900~1080P/30fps.

Last edited:

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Assuming that I won't rebut a game that I already own or have finished... What is there for me? I have uncharted.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Assuming that I won't rebut a game that I already own or have finished... What is there for me? I have uncharted.
Yeah, if all someone plays is UC4 which merely got a resolution boost for the Pro(it may get a 2nd patch later) then judging the PS4 Pro off of that alone is stupid.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, if all someone plays is UC4 which merely got a resolution boost for the Pro(it may get a 2nd patch later) then judging the PS4 Pro off of that alone is stupid.

So what else should I have? I own most stuff on xbox.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I'm not taking these(well only 1) opinion of "the Pro is underwhelming" posts seriously.

That's such a blanket statement.

What games did this person play(Pro supported)?? Every game's Pro implementation is different from each other so unless you tried every Pro enabled game and tested it saying that the Pro itself is meh is such a uninformative opinion.

What TV do you have?? Is your HDR settings working?? I've seen folks have wildly different impressions of HDR across various titles. One person is blown away while another one says it looks meh.
shyt. I'm perfectly happy cause I actually have games that utilized the difference. BF1 for instance was HUGE leap (before they fukked it up with the patch). Ratchet and Clank looks like a fukkin Pixar movie. Clean and vibrant as fukk. Titanfall 2 looks and runs amazing. And that's just naming a few.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
All of them
Well that's where u fukked up at. BF1 got the Pro treatment. I wish u seen it before they damn near broke it with the latest patch but it's still way better than the base PS4 and Xbox One versions. Titanfall 2 looks crazy. Ratchet and Clank looks like a pixar movie if u into those kinda games. Call of Duty Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered got upgraded. Deus Ex Mankind Divided got the upgrade but it looks shytty no matter what platform. Even on PC. Watch Dogs 2 got upgraded. There's more that I can't think of.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well that's where u fukked up at. BF1 got the Pro treatment. I wish u seen it before they damn near broke it with the latest patch but it's still way better than the base PS4 and Xbox One versions. Titanfall 2 looks crazy. Ratchet and Clank looks like a pixar movie if u into those kinda games. Call of Duty Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered got upgraded. Deus Ex Mankind Divided got the upgrade but it looks shytty no matter what platform. Even on PC. Watch Dogs 2 got upgraded. There's more that I can't think of.

Hmmm