PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Division just got another PS4 Pro patch which is supposed to be 4K (previous patch was just 4k UI)
X3VAoJN.jpg

I̶ r̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ s̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ t̶h̶i̶s̶ w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ b̶e̶ p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ a̶n̶d̶ s̶o̶m̶e̶ f̶o̶l̶k̶s̶ j̶u̶s̶t̶ l̶a̶u̶g̶h̶e̶d̶ i̶t̶ o̶f̶f̶.̶

Ehh I don't care anymore. :russell:

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
think horizon just gave me a reason to make this purchase...that game looks damn good on my reg ps4, but i think it was made for the pro....like i think the exclusives going forward will be too...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Starting tomorrow, the Media Player app is getting an update to support 4K video playback on PS4 Pro. Following this update, 4K videos in mp4 format saved on a USB stick or home server can be played on the Media Player app (remember, you’ll also need a 4K compatible TV to watch the videos in 4K).

Your home server will appear as a media option in the Player automatically so finding your media is simple and quick. Just a reminder, USB storage that’s already been formatted as extended storage for your PS4 can only be used to save games and apps – it can’t be used to save and play the videos.

For those of you that own a PlayStation VR system in addition to PS4 Pro, Media Player will also update to support playback of 4K VR video content. PS VR’s display resolution is 1920 x RGB x 1080, therefore 4K VR videos will be displayed in a higher image quality compared to HD VR videos. Capture stunning 360 degree 4K footage, and then immerse yourself in that footage in VR at home – just as if you’re right back in the scene you shot.

And while on the topic of 4K, many of you have already been enjoying 4K streaming on PS4 Pro, but in case you weren’t aware, streaming video apps including Netflix and YouTube have 4K content available, so make sure to check them out.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017...eo-on-ps4-pro/

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It pretty much is. If a game can handle native 4K then there's no reason not to.

I know that's not the response you wanted :troll:
The hell does this mean?
So can you, or can you not tell the difference between Native 4K and Checkerboard 4K?
The website doesn't come to mind at the moment, but I read a while back that people can't see the difference between fauxK and 4k.
(I guess we won't really know until we have a multiplat game on scorpio and ps4 pro on the same tv and compare the 2)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The hell does this mean?
So can you, or can you not tell the difference between Native 4K and Checkerboard 4K?
The website doesn't come to mind at the moment, but I read a while back that people can't see the difference between fauxK and 4k.
(I guess we won't really know until we have a multiplat game on scorpio and ps4 pro on the same tv and compare the 2)
It means that if the game in question can run at native 4K without any major performance issues then there's no reason NOT to run it at 4K.

Games that use CR or other techs to achieve a 4K image do so because it frees up some processing power to get the game running.

Mark Cerny showed some journalists a demo of Days Gone running at native 4K vs a CR version and they said they couldn't really see a difference. Of course, when on a PC monitor with screenshots zoomed in to some far distant background you'll see a slight difference but in real world situations it's negligible.

Different games use different CR resolutions e.g. Horizon Zero Dawn does 2160P CR while a game like say Watch Dogs 2 does 1800P 4K.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1330505

You won't be able to tell the difference between PS4 Pro games and 'proper' 4K

Check this link out if you want to understand it.

As much as some ignorant folks online like to say, PS4 Pro can handle native 4K games and CR isn't simply upscaling. There's no need to wait for Scorpio to come out, the Scorpio too will have "fauxk" games(Phil said so himself.)

There's PC games you can compare. The difference here is that PC games can utilize things like better AF, higher res textures and other graphical effects which people just lump under "4K" so when compared to a PS4 Pro screen the comparison is skewed.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It means that if the game in question can run at native 4K without any major performance issues then there's no reason NOT to run it at 4K.

Games that use CR or other techs to achieve a 4K image do so because it frees up some processing power to get the game running.

Different games use different CR resolutions e.g. Horizon Zero Dawn does 2160P CR while a game like say Watch Dogs 2 does 1800P 4K.

As much as some ignorant folks online like to say, PS4 Pro can handle native 4K games and CR isn't simply upscaling. There's no need to wait for Scorpio to come out, the Scorpio too will have "fauxk" games(Phil said so himself.)

There's PC games you can compare. The difference here is that PC games can utilize things like better AF, higher res textures and other graphical effects which people just lump under "4K" so when compared to a PS4 Pro screen the comparison is skewed.
Some interesting info in that article. Thanks.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Mark Cerny showed some journalists a demo of Days Gone running at native 4K vs a CR version and they said they couldn't really see a difference. Of course, when on a PC monitor with screenshots zoomed in to some far distant background you'll see a slight difference but in real world situations it's negligible.

Xbots ain't gonna like this:to:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Heard they making a slim edition of this with a 4k blu ray player to compete woth the scorpio