The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
A 4k tv with HDR is a bigger leap breh best get your eyes checked
62cbd61cbb95da9a24fa7db6d3754dec.jpg

from those to a 1080p plasma

nikka please... the jump to HD tv was fukking amazing... think VHS tapes to bluray

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
that TV look like it from 1978 though

there were 16:9 HD CRT's that had a better image than most first gen plasma's. ultimately plasma's, and LCD's, became more popular because they were 'flat'
He obviously doesn't really know what he's talking about and it's been evident throughout this thread. Lol

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
He obviously doesn't really know what he's talking about and it's been evident throughout this thread. Lol
Yea I guess y'all don't know either since it was in this thread that people told me it wasn't worth it. Scroll up and see nikkas with the shyt complaining too but I guess they don't know either

I guess the people in that video who said yea they can see it but it's not worth 400. Let alone 2000 when they factor in the best tvs was wrong too

I guess the people who review tvs don't know either huh

Just you two guys know everything :stopitslime:

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
that TV look like it from 1978 though

there were 16:9 HD CRT's that had a better image than most first gen plasma's. ultimately plasma's, and LCD's, became more popular because they were 'flat'
It was a fukking joke breh. Notice I said VHS tapes and not DVDs.

I mean again. There is science involved in this

You can easily go see the specs and determine which was the bigger leap. It was not 4K breh

But since I don't know... I'll let the experts explain it

Why Ultra HD 4K TVs are still stupid

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by...d-vs-1080p-full-hd-tvs-and-upscaling-compared

4K Resolution Guide - Compare 4k vs 1080p and Ultra HD (UHD) Resolution

You think nikkas had to sit at a certain distance to tell if it was hd vs crt?

resolution-4k-ultra-hd-chart.png

That's 3 different sites telling you the difference is minimal at best and only when you have a huge screen and sit close to it

Now what did I say? I said it's cool but it's not some huge leap that I need to have day 1

I said I'd cop one when the games are fully made for the shyt. And for some reason y'all nikkas got your panties in a bunch, straight up angry that I'm not seeing the benefits being so amazing that I need to rush out and buy one today

Sorry fellas

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Yea I guess y'all don't know either since it was in this thread that people told me it wasn't worth it. Scroll up and see nikkas with the shyt complaining too but I guess they don't know either

I guess the people in that video who said yea they can see it but it's not worth 400. Let alone 2000 when they factor in the best tvs was wrong too

I guess the people who review tvs don't know either huh

Just you two guys know everything :stopitslime:
The right 4K TV WILL look better and u will see a clear difference between that and a 1080p set. That being said. I'm one of the people here that try to tell people that just cause u have a 4K set doesn't mean it's gonna automatically look better than a high quality 1080p set. There's more to image quality than resolution especially after 1080p. I can't stress that enough. But go watch some content on a LG 4K OLED B series and up and try to say u don't see the difference. Like I said. It depends on the quality of the TV. I generally don't even fukk wit mid range TVs when it comes to a fairly new technology. U gotta go hard or go home imo majority of the time.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It was a fukking joke breh. Notice I said VHS tapes and not DVDs.

I mean again. There is science involved in this

You can easily go see the specs and determine which was the bigger leap. It was not 4K breh

But since I don't know... I'll let the experts explain it

Why Ultra HD 4K TVs are still stupid

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by...d-vs-1080p-full-hd-tvs-and-upscaling-compared

4K Resolution Guide - Compare 4k vs 1080p and Ultra HD (UHD) Resolution

You think nikkas had to sit at a certain distance to tell if it was hd vs crt?

resolution-4k-ultra-hd-chart.png

That's 3 different sites telling you the difference is minimal at best and only when you have a huge screen and sit close to it

Now what did I say? I said it's cool but it's not some huge leap that I need to have day 1

I said I'd cop one when the games are fully made for the shyt. And for some reason y'all nikkas got your panties in a bunch, straight up angry that I'm not seeing the benefits being so amazing that I need to rush out and buy one today

Sorry fellas
The information you cited is accurate and an important point that I've brought up multiple times, but I think you're a bit off in supporting the point you're trying to make and in ways it works against you.
People have been all over the place with their opinions of 4K tvs and I blame companies using dishonest marketing and taking advantage of the uniformed consumer.
You have budget manufacturers selling 40" tvs and slapping 4K on the box and immediately people jump to conclusions.
One that I've seen is skeptics use that 40" budget brand tv to say they don't see a difference.
Another I've seen is a person will reccomend the tv passionately and say "what are you stupid!? Read right there! This is a 4K tv! What does anything else matter!?"
You first have to understand that not every brand or even model 4K tv is going to give you true 4K. There a a lot of factors that if you don't do your research will have you paying a lot for something that isn't doing what you thought it was going to do. For example, some of these 4K tvs are marketed as 4K but only when streaming through one of the apps on the tv.
The point is, the difference is definitely there, and it isn't nothing barely noticeable. The problem is, there are way more tvs being marketed as 4K than there are actual tvs that can display true 4K.

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
You first have to understand that not every brand or even model 4K tv is going to give you true 4K.
4k resolution is 4k resolution. "True 4k." :stopitslime:Resolution wise, the only difference is due to screen pixel density/viewing distance, which is all that chart @The Devil's Advocate posted covered. So, for example, sitting 7 feet from a 40 inch 1080p and a 40 inch 4k TV, both displaying native content, there will be no perceptible difference*, though it's definitely there, as you mentioned. What manufacturers are misleading consumers about is the HDR aspect. Samsung's quantum dot 4k TVs are nothing like their entry-level 4k TVs and colors on the former will definitely be more vibrant. Beyond that, some people don't even know which settings to use and in some cases, HDR isn't even enabled by default, not to mention the lack of content. :francis:

* Colors may appear better or worse on one panel, but that has nothing to do with resolution.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
4k resolution is 4k resolution. "True 4k." :stopitslime:Resolution wise, the only difference is due to screen pixel density/viewing distance, which is all that chart @The Devil's Advocate posted covered. So, for example, sitting 7 feet from a 40 inch 1080p and a 40 inch 4k TV, both displaying native content, there will be no perceptible difference*, though it's definitely there, as you mentioned. What manufacturers are misleading consumers about is the HDR aspect. Samsung's quantum dot 4k TVs are nothing like their entry-level 4k TVs and colors on the former will definitely be more vibrant. Beyond that, some people don't even know which settings to use and in some cases, HDR isn't even enabled by default, not to mention the lack of content. :francis:

* Colors may appear better or worse on one panel, but that has nothing to do with resolution.
U don't know what ur talking about. 4K is 4K is a shortsighted and misinformed opinion especially when it comes to the picture quality of a TV. It's far more complicated than that. Furthermore. There's TV's out there that are marketed as 4K that aren't true 4K even resolution wise. So ur wrong about that as well.

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
U don't know what ur talking about. 4K is 4K is a shortsighted and misinformed opinion especially when it comes to the picture quality of a TV.
4k is just lines on a screen; it's just a resolution, 2160p. Anything beyond that regarding picture quality is something else.
There's TV's out there that are marketed as 4K that aren't true 4K even resolution wise.
Then that's marketing, which still has no bearing on the fact that 2160p is 2160p. :heh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

You skipped over my post to push an argument.
The very first sentence of my post I agreed with the information he cited and have continually brought it up on this site before. Your post didn't explain anything I didn't already state. You went into all this detail explaining something I already covered. The differences people see will vary greatly depending on a lot of factors. But if you don't see a difference cool.

Audemar

Superstar
Daps
You skipped over my post to push an argument.
The very first sentence of my post I agreed with the information he cited and have continually brought it up on this site before. Your post didn't explain anything I didn't already state. You went into all this detail explaining something I already covered. The differences people see will vary greatly depending on a lot of factors. But if you don't see a difference cool.
I didn't skip anything, b. 4k resolution is 4k resolution, 2160p. You said, "true 4k." There is no "true 4k," unless you're talking about the cinema standard versus UHD, the television standard, which would be an entirely different subject.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
brehs really tryna say 4k from 1080p is not a leap, lol only on the coli
If you're viewing 4K videos on a cell phone or 1080p tv at Best you didn't even see the actual 4K image. You really don't have a solid basis to say that the leap is irrelevant. I have seen both extensively and 1080p to 4K HDR is quite a difference.

Honestly, its not. It really really depends on the size of the tv, and how far you sit from it. Sitting 6 feet away from a 55in 4k monitor you will be HARD PRESSED to see much of a difference in detail.
You get the most difference with HDR, which is possible on the OG PS4...

U don't know what ur talking about. 4K is 4K is a shortsighted and misinformed opinion especially when it comes to the picture quality of a TV. It's far more complicated than that. Furthermore. There's TV's out there that are marketed as 4K that aren't true 4K even resolution wise. So ur wrong about that as well.
You should avoid telling people they dont know what theyre talking about when you follow up with an incorrect statement.
As he said, 4k (pixel density) is 4k, period. Whether or not some manufacturers cheat on the number is irrelevant.