PS4 controllers won't work on PS5 games

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Xbox been had an Elite controller that will work on all systems.

And none of this means they should just stop support of the DS4. They just released an expensive attachment for it and now a year later stopping support for it.

Sony stans just love being shytted on I guess :wow:

The DS4 will work with PS4 games :yeshrug:
We believe in new experiences with a new generation

maxresdefault.jpg

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Wait, reset. Do y'all just only have the controller that comes with your console? I have two DS4's and four XB1 controllers. For those that this applies to, of course y'all ain't going to understand this dilemma. You have just one controller. Going back two generations. I have the previously mentioned 6 controllers, four PS3 controllers and five 360 controllers. All bought at MSRP. Excluding the ones that came with the console, that is (7 * 59.99) for the 360/PS3 controllers and (2 * 69.99). With tax here in Indiana, that is $600 in spare controllers. For people in the same predicament as myself, that is what we are looking at.

People are really being disingenuous in here in the name of console wars :mjlol:

I'm in the same boat as you breh. Have multiple controllers for multiple systems.

I wonder if people gonna be singing that same tune when they realize the DS5 is going to be like $80 instead of the $49.99 MSRP currently :mjgrin:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sony stans don’t realize that consumer confidence ads up.

People feel secure in spending money with Microsoft cause all their products are compatible and they feel they got good value, that goes a long way in keeping people engaged and loyal to Microsoft products.

PlayStation gone be an “exclusive” box and people are gonna spend most of their money elsewhere.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
bout to go grab my ps2 controller and plug it into my ps3 system.....wait:patrice:

GTFOH:camby:no shyt none of us should expect the DS4 to work on PS5:mindblown:
In the past the controllers didn’t work because the connection technology changed.

PS2 was wired, PS3 added wireless technology, PS4 switched to Bluetooth.

In this case the connection technology is not changing, they’re just blocking the old controllers to force people to buy new ones.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
i dont see why you wouldnt be able to. i never had to use a ps1 controller on my ps2 or ps2 controller on my ps3
I'm interested to see if they can somehow get the adaptive triggers to work with ps4 games on PS5.

God of War with the DualSense would definitely be worth a replay :wow:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

People feel secure in spending money with Microsoft cause all their products are compatible and they feel they got good value, that goes a long way in keeping people engaged and loyal to Microsoft products.

PlayStation gone be an “exclusive” box and people are gonna spend most of their money elsewhere.

These are all your assumptions that you're attempting to use to justify a disingenuous and meaningless argument in the first place.

- There is no evidence of this having any effect on consumer confidence since this exact same scenario has played out with each generation of Playstation.
- So people feel secure in the same MS who produced the failed Kinetic and Scorpio, both of which MS has abandoned.
- The PS5 is no more "exclusive" than it has ever been. Matter of fact, this generation, it will be less considering the amount of backwards compatibility with the previous generation. The same generation of games the DS4 will work with on the PS5.
- You all are the most desperate group of people in technology. Can't buy a win, so you'll spin one out of thin air.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Lemme go plug my 360 controller into my Xbox One S and see what happens :mjlol:

Fake edit:It doesn't work!

God dammit "Xbox turn off!"

Wait, the kinect doesn't work with the Xbox One S either!? Oh no :damn:

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps

:mjlol:

apple says hello

Lest we forget the Xbox live bullshyt

q5sEcV5.png

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
These are all your assumptions that you're attempting to use to justify a disingenuous and meaningless argument in the first place.

- There is no evidence of this having any effect on consumer confidence since this exact same scenario has played out with each generation of Playstation.
I’m talking about everything put together. Gamepass, Backwards Compatible, prolonged last gen support, play anywhere etc. All of that builds confidence and security in paying customers.

Yes other generations have had hard cut offs and that’s been a big complaint from consumers.

Just cause it’s always been that way, does not mean A better alternative can’t exist.
- So people feel secure in the same MS who produced the failed Kinetic and Scorpio, both of which MS has abandoned.
I’m obviously taking about going forward, and Kinect got more life and support from Microsoft than PSVR or any other Sony peripheral has. And I’m not sure what you are even talking about with your “Scorpio” comment.

- The PS5 is no more "exclusive" than it has ever been. Matter of fact, this generation, it will be less considering the amount of backwards compatibility with the previous generation. The same generation of games the DS4 will work with on the PS5.
I mean that’s literally all you ever here about PS5 is EXCLUSIVES, and they are banking on that, that’s their strategy to convince people to buy PS5 by making it an exclusive experience.

It’s kinda an antiquated strategy in the digital age. That’s not to say PS5 won’t be successful, I just feel Microsoft’s approach will resonate with a new generation of game consumer.
- You all are the most desperate group of people in technology. Can't buy a win, so you'll spin one out of thin air.
Sony stans :mjlol:

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
Why not just state the news without the pro MS slant and bias?

STOP CONSOLE WARRING 2020

On topic.

That kinda sucks to be honest if there is nothing new or next-gen about the PS5 controller itself then I don't see why the PlayStation 4 controller shouldn't work on the PlayStation 5 games.

We will find out more info on the PS5 soon.

And I will be purchasing one. Sometime after launch lol