PS4 controllers won't work on PS5 games

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
MSFT raped y'all.

You all bought a $200 controller for the console in the name of "elite gaming". You'd better be happy they supported that.
That’s an optional peripheral that plenty of people enjoy, and they are still supporting the 1st version of the elite controller into the future.

Sony on the other hand dropped a controller attachment just last year and are already throwing it in the bushes.:francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s an optional peripheral that plenty of people enjoy, and they are still supporting the 1st version of the elite controller into the future.

Sony on the other hand dropped a controller attachment just last year and are already throwing it in the bushes.:francis:
How much was this attachment and how is it thrown in the bushes when you can still use it on the DS4 for PS4 games(playable on PS5)?

:to:

Best controller I've ever games with:whew:
Xbox stans :mjlol:

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Why not just state the news without the pro MS slant and bias?

STOP CONSOLE WARRING 2020

On topic.

That kinda sucks to be honest if there is nothing new or next-gen about the PS5 controller itself then I don't see why the PlayStation 4 controller shouldn't work on the PlayStation 5 games.

We will find out more info on the PS5 soon.

And I will be purchasing one. Sometime after launch lol
it is supposed to be pretty different from dualshock

PS5 Controller: DualSense Features, Price, and Battery Life

Firstly, the PS5 controller will replace regular rumble with far more advanced haptic feedback. Instead of the whole controller vibrating as we've all become accustomed to, it will be capable of providing a wide range of different tactile sensations. For example, if you're playing a platformer and you're running around on ice, you'll be able to "feel" that the surface is slippery. Testing out a version of Gran Turismo Sport running on a PS5 dev kit, Wired's Peter Rubin explains he could feel the difference of two different surfaces simultaneously. "Driving on the border between the track and the dirt, I could feel both surfaces," he said. Haptic feedback should make for much more effective immersion.

Next up is adaptive triggers. The L2 and R2 buttons on a PS4 pad are fine, but what if you could feel the resistance of a taut string on a bow, or the clink of pulling the trigger on a gun? That's what the DualSense PS5 controller will be able to provide. The triggers on the PS5 controller will "offer varying levels of resistance" to further cement you in the game's world. This combined with the haptic feedback should achieve some pretty amazing results.

DualSense also replaces the PS4 controller's Share button with the Create button. We don't know too much about the difference here, but Sony says it will provide "new ways for players to create epic gameplay content to share with the world".

The PS5 controller also has a built-in microphone, located at the bottom of the pad. This will let players communicate with each other in online games even if they don't own a headset. We imagine you'll also be able to use this microphone for voice commands. Don't worry -- there's also a mute button in case you don't want your pad picking up your vocals.

with haptic feedback and adaptive triggers specifically it makes sense why the ps4 controllers wouldnt be compatible

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony stans don’t realize that consumer confidence ads up.

People feel secure in spending money with Microsoft cause all their products are compatible and they feel they got good value, that goes a long way in keeping people engaged and loyal to Microsoft products.

PlayStation gone be an “exclusive” box and people are gonna spend most of their money elsewhere.
Xbox 360 controller was not compatible with Xbox One

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
I have been gaming since the NES and not one goddamn time have I been pressed about using a old consoles controller on the new one. fukking never.

MSFT raped y'all.

You all bought a $200 controller for the console in the name of "elite gaming". You'd better be happy they supported that.

And they still had to buy batteries and charge kits for the shyt until the 2nd version.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I can't believe that people are really doing this. Were y'all fighting for larger Pro Duo memory cards for the Vita when they should have done the obvious and went with the SD format? Their goal is to make more money. Sony makes great electronics and they make it proprietary from time to time. That is why Sony is doing what they are doing here. There isn't an purpose here outside of money. My overall point is that the leap in technology for the controllers this gen aren't as great as in the past so the gamer should have the option, not the company cutting people off.