PS4 controllers won't work on PS5 games

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
I'd imagine playing PS5 games without the adaptive triggers would kind of kill the experience so it makes sense to me.

I wonder does it work in the other direction. If PS4 games do indeed become backwards compatible can u use the dualsense when playing a PS4 game on PS5?:jbhmm:
i dont see why you wouldnt be able to. i never had to use a ps1 controller on my ps2 or ps2 controller on my ps3

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
This is what yall have been reduced to? :francis:

Guess I won't be copping the PS5 then
full

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Wait, reset. Do y'all just only have the controller that comes with your console? I have two DS4's and four XB1 controllers. For those that this applies to, of course y'all ain't going to understand this dilemma. You have just one controller. Going back two generations. I have the previously mentioned 6 controllers, four PS3 controllers and five 360 controllers. All bought at MSRP. Excluding the ones that came with the console, that is (7 * 59.99) for the 360/PS3 controllers and (2 * 69.99). With tax here in Indiana, that is $600 in spare controllers. For people in the same predicament as myself, that is what we are looking at.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Expect a tweet from Phil any day now bout "anti consumer"
Get the fukk on somewhere
nikkas is actually mad that other companies are less shyty :mjlol:

What was the point of that back button attachment if they had no future plans for it?

Kinda feel like I wasted money on that thing now.
giphy.gif

:mjlol:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
nikkas is actually mad that other companies are less shyty :mjlol:

:stopitslime: "Microsoft has made only minor changes to its Xbox Series X controller, allowing the company more freedom for existing hardware to work with future games. Sony, on the other hand, has designed its PS5 DualSense controller around adaptive triggers, an integrated microphone, and new haptic feedback technology. Even the PS5 game that’s bundled with the console, Astro’s Playroom, looks like a showcase for DualSense’s new features."

Be mad at ya people for doing as little as possible :umad:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Look at Xbox stans y'all.....:mjlol:

This is like finding meaningless stats to make the last place team feel good about themselves.

What's next, "oh my God! Sony says PS5 controllers only come with 3ft cords - meanwhile Xbox controllers come with 12ft cords :troll:"

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:stopitslime: "Microsoft has made only minor changes to its Xbox Series X controller, allowing the company more freedom for existing hardware to work with future games. Sony, on the other hand, has designed its PS5 DualSense controller around adaptive triggers, an integrated microphone, and new haptic feedback technology. Even the PS5 game that’s bundled with the console, Astro’s Playroom, looks like a showcase for DualSense’s new features."

Be mad at ya people for doing sd little as possible :umad:
Xbox been had an Elite controller that will work on all systems.

And none of this means they should just stop support of the DS4. They just released an expensive attachment for it and now a year later stopping support for it.

Sony stans just love being shytted on I guess :wow: