ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
So now saving money is a bad thing?

:mjlol:

I forgot the Coli is 6 figures 6 certs so money aint a thing.

To an average middle class family this might be big.

Options are always a good thing. Xbox's ecosystem is looking lovely. Hopefully all their money invested in studios helps them with the exclusive narrative

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Who cares? Did you complain about your 360 controller not working on the Xbox One? Wii U pad not working with the Switch? MSFT didn't innovate and make a new controller so no shock there. nikkas stay looking for fake disappointment and concern.

0e8b7d2c53195177a326670609fcb7ea.jpg

:lolbron:

In all seriousness tho it’s probably because of the new features in the DualSense and they want all PS5 games taking advantage of them:ehh:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I don't have an issue with this on the surface because the DS4 left room for improvement. Could you get by without Haptic for most games, yes. The option would be great though. With additional controllers running the price of a game now, for some that have multiple players in the home, being able to pocket $69.99 is always a welcome thing. In my case, I'm going to get an additional XSX/PS5 controller when I get them but again, not having the option is the issue I have. I don't want to say it is anti-consumer or anything like that though.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
|t's cool, but it is really not that big of a deal. I have been using the same controllers for all of my systems since launch. With the only exception being a GC controller for Smash Bros.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
As well as fightsticks

Hopefully the developers make a legacy mode again

In the case of Elite controllers, I'd be mad as hell if that controller was bound to 1 console. I bought my Hori fight stick on the PS3, because of the nature of the controller (Arcade fight stick) and the cost ($150), it should be able to move between different PS systems. There aren't any new gameplay quirks to be introduced with an arcade stick so they shouldn't make me buy a new one. Thus far, you can use it on the PS4. I hope to be able to use it on the PS5 as well.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
0e8b7d2c53195177a326670609fcb7ea.jpg

:lolbron:

In all seriousness tho it’s probably because of the new features in the DualSense and they want all PS5 games taking advantage of them:ehh:
That too but I just remembered there's PS4 games coming to PS5 with upgrades for free so how will that work? If the game gets upgraded will it have worthy enough upgrades that warrant only a PS5 controller? I don't see how PS5 will make Destiny 2 for example not compatible with the PS5 version. Either way it's no biggie I rarely use my old controllers when I get a new console. Only exception was GC pad for Smash and Wii motes.

MSFT ganked Xbox players with accessories and controllers so it'd be a bad look to say your $200 elite controller won't work with the Series X when the new controller is almost the same thing.