PS4 controllers won't work on PS5 games

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How much was this attachment and how is it thrown in the bushes when you can still use it on the DS4 for PS4 games(playable on PS5)?
Sony threw the whole PS4 in the bushes :mjlol:
Xbox 360 controller was not compatible with Xbox One
I’m obviously talking about going into the future, and again the wireless technology changed between generations last time. This time it has not.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't believe that people are really doing this. Were y'all fighting for larger Pro Duo memory cards for the Vita when they should have done the obvious and went with the SD format? Their goal is to make more money. Sony makes great electronics and they make it proprietary from time to time. That is why Sony is doing what they are doing here. There isn't an purpose here outside of money. My overall point is that the leap in technology for the controllers this gen aren't as great as in the past so the gamer should have the option, not the company cutting people off.
YES we were. I vividly remember people complaining about the Vita's memory cards. Either way, a Vita's own proprietary storage solution is not the same as limited support of an old accessory for a new console.

PS4 controller works with PS4 games... that you can play on the PS5...

Which existing PS4 peripherals/accessories will work on PS5?

• Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
  • The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5).
  • The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games.
  • Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.
Please note, not all PlayStation officially licensed or third-party peripherals/accessories may work on PS5. We recommend checking with the manufacturer to confirm whether a product will work on PS5 and specific titles.

Acting like this is some big deal where we're going to tally up the cost of controllers as if we bought them all the day before the PS5 launch is not whats up.

Apples and Rhubarb.

Last edited:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Wait, reset. Do y'all just only have the controller that comes with your console? I have two DS4's and four XB1 controllers. For those that this applies to, of course y'all ain't going to understand this dilemma. You have just one controller. Going back two generations. I have the previously mentioned 6 controllers, four PS3 controllers and five 360 controllers. All bought at MSRP. Excluding the ones that came with the console, that is (7 * 59.99) for the 360/PS3 controllers and (2 * 69.99). With tax here in Indiana, that is $600 in spare controllers. For people in the same predicament as myself, that is what we are looking at.
What predicament is that? You clearly are willing and able to cop multiple controllers over multiple system generations:skip:

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
I’m talking about everything put together. Gamepass, Backwards Compatible, prolonged last gen support, play anywhere etc. All of that builds confidence and security in paying customers.

Yes other generations have had hard cut offs and that’s been a big complaint from consumers.

Just cause it’s always been that way, does not mean A better alternative can’t exist.

I’m obviously taking about going forward, and Kinect got more life and support from Microsoft than PSVR or any other Sony peripheral has. And I’m not sure what you are even talking about with your “Scorpio” comment.

I mean that’s literally all you ever here about PS5 is EXCLUSIVES, and they are banking on that, that’s their strategy to convince people to buy PS5 by making it an exclusive experience.

It’s kinda an antiquated strategy in the digital age. That’s not to say PS5 won’t be successful, I just feel Microsoft’s approach will resonate with a new generation of game consumer.

Sony stans :mjlol:

antiquated Strategy’s

january-2020-sales-1-2.png

q5sEcV5.png

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
am not a fan of the DS4 so I can’t act dismayed

elite controller feels great in my fukking hands...I have 5...so yes I like the ability to use it on the XSX if I decide to get one later on down the line

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
What predicament is that? You clearly are willing and able to cop multiple controllers over multiple system generations:skip:

My situation is not indicative of others. I have the capacity and willingness to do so in regards to purchasing extra stuff. That's my bag, I like to do it. However, I'm not everybody. The main functionality in the controllers are not wildly different from generation to generation. We are at a point now where, I'm quite comfortable in saying, the DS4 would be enough for the majority of the games that will run on the PS5. Given that fact, the option should be there. I'm not going to say anti-consumer because if you are putting up funds for this, you likely have some discretionary funds anyways. However, all of these controllers are wireless, just like last gen, use the same baseline Blue-tooth technology, just like last gen, same stick and button layout, just like last gen, etc. If a game really decides to take advantage of the Dualsense features, have at it. Most games won't. You will still be able to call plays in Madden with the analog stick or d-pad for example. Most developers will not place this stuff in their game on a superfluous basis. There will be a point. Obviously, Sony games will be the standard-bearer but most third parties? Naw because it won't be worth the extra work.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
YES we were. I vividly remember people complaining about the Vita's memory cards. Either way, a Vita's own proprietary storage solution is not the same as limited support of an old accessory for a new console.

PS4 controller works with PS4 games... that you can play on the PS5...
You were one of the main ones complaining
:pacspit: Sony for that shyt. I don't like it one bit. I did manage to get the 16gb for $30 at Target via pricematching.
:mjlol:

Remember this Gem of a thread
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-xbox-one-is-insulting-to-gamers-and-tech-enthusiats.116502/

Sony stans calling Microsoft “Anti Consumer” used to be a thing.

Now they fix most of that and even exceed expectations and none of it matters anymore, long as Sony stans get an extra Spider-Man skin in their games :mjlol:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
My situation is not indicative of others. I have the capacity and willingness to do so in regards to purchasing extra stuff. That's my bag, I like to do it. However, I'm not everybody. The main functionality in the controllers are not wildly different from generation to generation. We are at a point now where, I'm quite comfortable in saying, the DS4 would be enough for the majority of the games that will run on the PS5. Given that fact, the option should be there. I'm not going to say anti-consumer because if you are putting up funds for this, you likely have some discretionary funds anyways. However, all of these controllers are wireless, just like last gen, use the same baseline Blue-tooth technology, just like last gen, same stick and button layout, just like last gen, etc. If a game really decides to take advantage of the Dualsense features, have at it. Most games won't. You will still be able to call plays in Madden with the analog stick or d-pad for example. Most developers will not place this stuff in their game on a superfluous basis. There will be a point. Obviously, Sony games will be the standard-bearer but most third parties? Naw because it won't be worth the extra work.
full
you copped ps5 already?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
ok so....:dahell: my ps3 controller wont work on my ps4.... so why is there a thread on this?!?:what: worry about ya own exclusives for that cornball ass system...:mjlol:
Because saying it works on ps5 but not on PS5 games is a slap in the face and a clear cash grab. Take your Stan glasses off for two seconds a day at least breh. You’re gonna go completely blind by November.